What skincare range to use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonfly

Reaction score
Hi
I'm opening a new salon and wondered if anyone could recommend a skincare range to use, I know locally another salon is using Dermalogica.

I'd appreciate your advice not sure which one to go with!

Ang
x

:confused:

the salon that i work in use dermalogica and i used it at college but personally i dont like it.

2 of my friends that work in different salons use clarins and decleor and they both love them.

hope that helps a little bit

Thank you, thats brilliant I will look into it.

Ang

I've just started with a company called Repechage that base all their products on seaweed. They do fabulous facials and body products and even manicure & pedicure treatments. You want to contact them and they will come out and have a chat with you and demonstrate a treatment on you. Their 4 layer facial is second to none and leaves your skin feeling silky smooth and re-energised!

try sampling eve taylor and algologie

try sampling eve taylor and algologie

Algologie is a seaweed based skincare but there have no training facilities or sales people anymore so it much of order the products and learn yourself.

It is a shame, because its a good skincare but you need to know how to use it properly.

Hi
I'm opening a new salon and wondered if anyone could recommend a skincare range to use, I know locally another salon is using Dermalogica.

I'd appreciate your advice not sure which one to go with!

Ang
x

:confused:

Hi Ange, Questions such as yours will often receive a flood of answers of people recommending their favourite products............ after all if they are a favourite, then one will sing their praises.

The best advice I can give is to research as many brands as you can before making a decision. The list of skin care names available is vast and they all have their pros and cons. Consider the following in making your decision:

1. What sort of market are you providing a service for? Will the price of
your products meet the needs of your clients?

2. What are your competitors using/selling? Do you want to take on eg.
Clarins if 10 other salons in the area already sell Clarins?

3. Some Brands do not leave you with enough of a profit margin in price
mark-up from wholesale to retail. What will your mark-up profit be?

4. Are you likely to get good back-up/support from your product brand?
Some company reps will only give follow-up support if your sales and
orders meet certain criteria.

5. Is there a minimum start-up cost? I did not like the policy of one
particular company which insisted that I be contracted into
purchasing retail stock within 6 months of my first order. The
financial implications of this made me very nervous.

6. Is the product which you take on available to the public from a variety
of sources, eg. the public won't by it from you if they can buy it
Sainsbury's or Boots.

Good luck.

As usual, excellent advice from Tracey!

Are you looking to cater for the high end market, or are you going for volume? This will affect which brand you choose.

Tracey's right in that people will leap in expounding the virtues of x brand against y brand, and I'd hate to disappoint her!
I use SwissDermyl and my clients love it. There's no start up minimum, neither is there a minimum order value, ever. They will help you to get started with several payment options, and their training and support is free. They will also send you samples, promo materials, posters etc, again, all free.
It's a salon only product, so you won't find it on eBay, or QVC, or in Boots.
If you want more info about them, just shout and I'll wing over their contact details.

Latest posts

Back