what sort of client are /were you ??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
Hiya ..

Just something i was thinking about when i used to have my nails done.

I think i was a good client...but did once forget she was coming and went out...:o I did used to pick at any lifting i had...:o and i did ask if i could smoke while i had them done :smack: and i swear she was too polite to say no as it was at my house.

But i was with her for a few years so thats not bad going...although she may say differently..

Its made me a better client since i have been a nail tech, i am never late for hair appointments, i listen to advise given, and i respect that they are doing a job...a hard job too.

I think being a client has helped me to understand my clients....(i also know all the tricks, cos i have done them..:lol:)

So what about you guys....??

chantell simone

Reaction score
i would say i am a good client

i try to show respect to professionals at all times

but now i do feel overly conscious as i am therapist now

Sassy Hassy

Reaction score
I was a great nail client. Returned every 2 weeks, spent a fortune on retail, no lifting, no breakages (apart from when I hit the wrong nail with a hammer), used my oil ... I was a good girl I was ... and I ended up working there!!!!!!

ValencianNails

Positivity rules!
Reaction score
I was a 'relatively good' client... :wink2:
I always used my Solar Oil, I never missed an appointment without a very good reason and I recommended my friends and family to my nail tech, the only time I used to 'fall down' was with the picking lol :o

min11

Reaction score
I was a 'watcher' and my ladies probably hated me cos I never came back to some of them with them not reshaped but I was never entirely happy with the shape and sidewalls. When I moved to Oslo I was lucky to find Anne Vera. She had a girl called Marit working with her, she did my nails for a while as Anne Vera said Marit would do P&W's better. I must have done Marits head in as I know now she was extending my nail bed slightly but at the time I thought it looked peculiar and asked her to put the white just below the proper line of my nail bed! *doh*. She did explain it to me thoroughly though and after that I was a convert. Anne Vera always did a fab job but hated doing P&W because she said I made her nervous as I watch so closely. It was her who told me I should train as if I had to miss an appointment or my nails had grown more than I liked I would turn up filed down and blended in. I'm told I sit and inspect each hand at each stage while the other hand is being done. I didn't realise, must have been a subconscious thing but it made her really nervous :lol: I honestly don't know if I'm a pain of a client but I liked Anne Vera enough to still go and get my nails done from time to time even when I was training and I'm still in touch via text with her. She was my original inspiration after all!

I only missed one appointment but I had just had Noah by emergency csection that day so I reckon I had a pretty good reason and it took ages to get into the habit of using my Solar oil that Anne Vera gave me. I'm never with out oil now!

Snugglepuss

Reaction score
I'm a good girl client :lol: I always do as I am told and respect the person carrying out the treatment/service!

But gotta say it's not always the right thing to do, I often leave feeling like I haven't got what I really wanted - this doesn't mean it is their fault - they aren't mind readers and if I don't say what I really want, then how can I complain????

However, because of that it means that I'm a bit of an nag hag with my clients at first, always checking if everything is ok - like everything in life it is getting that balance right :green:

1999judy

Reaction score
I'm a brilliant client, always do as I'm told and get a good nosey at what's being done too...then nick the stuff and attempt to copy it:)

angel fingers

Reaction score
i havent really been much of a client to be honest.
what i mean is i only ever had my nails done 4 or 5 times [with fibreglass] before i went on to train myself. now i wouldnt let anyone do my nails unless i knew they were a better tech than i am myself. also i'm a bit tight, so i would be reluctant to pay someone else for somethng i could do myself:lol:

sometimes i think i would love to get a pedicure as its really uncomfortable doing it on myself with a bad back and a big belly:lol:
but i think i would be an awful client as i am so particular. i think it would be intimidating for the therapist. and maybe less than satisfactory for me.

Sassy Hassy

Reaction score
I'm a brilliant client, always do as I'm told and get a good nosey at what's being done too...then nick the stuff and attempt to copy it:)
I take it we're talking about your award winning personal tech here lol!

adelekeegan1

Chatty geek
Reaction score
You may find this hard to believe, but I was the perfect client.
Used my oil never missed an appointment, always arrived 5 minutes early, followed the aftercare leaflet, kept my hands still.
Then I thought it looked easy and went off to get trained:eek::eek::eek:

min11

Reaction score
Was I the only pain in the bum one then? :eek: If being picky counts :lol:

Chameleon

Reaction score
You may find this hard to believe, but I was the perfect client.
Used my oil never missed an appointment, always arrived 5 minutes early, followed the aftercare leaflet, kept my hands still.
Then I thought it looked easy and went off to get trained:eek::eek::eek:
Adele.your finger nails looked perfect to me....just got to get your head around the skin care malarchy now....:lol:

Trinity

Brush Slayer Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
I was a bloody nightmare :lol:

No-one had ever managed to put nails on me that don't lift. I had/have really small, wrecked, thin, nail biters nails that just don't seem to avoid lifting no matter what product, prep level, or shape.

Before I trained I allowed techs to absolutely trash my nails in an attempt to get them to stay on, they passed me round the salon each tech reckoning she could do a better job. None of them did, and in some cases I'd have lifting before they even got to final shaping and refining, let alone lasting 2 weeks.

Now I'm trained I can see the things they were doing wrong, but had no idea then so must have been an absolute nightmare for my techs :irked:

That said, they never retailed cuticle oil, never prepped, and shredded my natural nail in an attempt to get some adhesion - I'd go back with 1 maybe 2 on at the most. The rest having lifted so I bit them off :eek:

To my tech's from back then, I'm sorry, you must have dreaded my arriving, but equally, if you'd been better trained (and I know some had never had any official training) we both would have been better off :hug:

CurlyQs

Reaction score
I was a great client in that I was a regular, always on time and returned sooner rather than later.

BUT.... I used to insist my white for French went straight across. :o
No one had a problem with it. In fact a lot of techs here do it that way anyway. Now I cringe when someone asks me for that. It looks so ridiculous.

I also realize how annoying I would have been holding my fingers a certain way thinking I was helping while the tech was filing.....

I would ask a lot of questions, fascinated by the whole process ... that too may have been annoying!

soriminah

Reaction score
I think I used to be a good client. I do everything myself now so don't tend to go to anyone. I used to get my nails done on time - have none now because of massage - have to keep them mega short so I don't scratch people (I'd have to charge extra for that :lol: . Would wax regularly - do it myself now. My only problem was hairdressers and finding one that did what I wanted. Even taking in pictures and explaining what I wanted I was still never happy - so I cut and colour my own hair too, have since I was about 10.

Yes, I can hear all the hairdressers now 'You should never cut your own hair'. Most people I meet out assume I'm a hairdresser and get lots of compliments on my hair so I obviously do a good job. I was thinking about doing hairdressing before I did massage. I'm only interested in cutting and colouring and don't want to do all the other bits like perming and styling etc.

And I let students practice waxing, tinting etc on me. They have to learn somehow so anytime I've been somewhere and theres someone learning, I'm happy to be practiced on.

Marlise

Reaction score
I was a bit of both.

I always got really bad lifting within the first week, no matter which tech I used. At the time, I thought it was the product they used, but knowing better now, I know it was down to bad prep.

I used to go back and show them and I always got a cock and bull story about how nail enhancements weren't suitable to my nails etc etc. and that's why they were lifting. I never really believed any of it and when I started to ask more probing questions as to why my nails weren't suitable, they didn't know what to say to me.

I then went to a lady who used Creative products and didn't have a single bit of lifting. For the first time, I could go 2 - 3 weeks before I needed to have a infill / rebalance. I was super impressed and that's why I chose to train with Creative.

I always used to follow all the aftercare etc. I was given, but would also tell them if I wasn't happy with something.

Marlise

Klassy Klaws

Reaction score
How bad is this I have never been a Client!
Before I started learning I had never even heard of Nail Enhancements:eek:
Where I live there were no places or women who wore them, the only time anyone got their nails done was when they were on holiday.

I have now changed all that:lol:

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
can be any kind of client...not just nails...hair client...??

Klassy Klaws

Reaction score
can be any kind of client...not just nails...hair client...??
Ok well in that case I am a lie down and let everyone do what they want kind of client:lol:
When I go to the hairdressers I have an idea what I want but as soon as I sit in the chair I turn in to a gibbering wreck and just end up getting what they think.:lol:

*Gemma*

Reaction score
Nails wise I think I was an ok client, I always kept my appointments and tried very hard to look after my nails, but hair wise I am an absolute nightmare, never knowing what I want.

Latest posts