what system to choose?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thg

Reaction score
:green: hi
i'm new to the site, I didn't think there were people out there like me who loved nails. I'm new to it, and am deciding what to do next.
I do know i want to do a conversion course, and am tempted with ezflow. but i rather like attractions nsi. but then you've also got opi, and not forgetting creative,the lady i did my training with didn't recommend creative, she said the retention fluid wasn't good for your nails, so i have'nt tried that one. although a lot of people use creative. oh by the way i did my training with magnetic. yes i know none of you have heard of it have you. it's a dutch firm. i really enjoyed my training and learnt a lot.but i'm not in love with the product!
anyway going on to much, hope you can advise me
thg
icon_cheesygrin.gif

:rolleyes: :hug: :mad: :zzz:

How isn't Retention good for your nails?!

You will find alot of people on here use Retention without any problems. Don't take one persons word to make your decision.

Check out all the options!

I prefer Retention over NSI Attraction anyday, but all brands can seem like rubbish if you aren't using it correctly.

I have no experience of Ezflow but many Geeks do. It is personal preference. Perhaps you could get small samples of each and see what YOU prefer.

Absolutely !!

Contact all the companies you mention and get a Try Me kit from them....and see which one you like before you book a conversion.

I will however add that Retention+ is my monomer of choice..and I love it. Methinks your former Educator had a personal agenda there!!!!.

Absolutely !!

Contact all the companies you mention and get a Try Me kit from them....and see which one you like before you book a conversion.

I will however add that Retention+ is my monomer of choice..and I love it. Methinks your former Educator had a personal agenda there!!!!.

It amazes me how many people will slate Creative.... is it jealousy?!

:green: hi
i'm new to the site, I didn't think there were people out there like me who loved nails. I'm new to it, and am deciding what to do next.
I do know i want to do a conversion course, and am tempted with ezflow. but i rather like attractions nsi. but then you've also got opi, and not forgetting creative,the lady i did my training with didn't recommend creative, she said the retention fluid wasn't good for your nails, so i have'nt tried that one. although a lot of people use creative. oh by the way i did my training with magnetic. yes i know none of you have heard of it have you. it's a dutch firm. i really enjoyed my training and learnt a lot.but i'm not in love with the product!
anyway going on to much, hope you can advise me
thg
icon_cheesygrin.gif

:rolleyes: :hug: :mad: :zzz:

hiya

you say you did your training with magnetic, they do there own products so can i just ask why you aint using theres...?

I trained with EZ Flow, i love the stuff, i'm looking at doing my next lot of training with them, although my trainer seems to have disappeared off the face of this earth, but never mind,

I would recommend EZ Flow to anyone.

I do know i want to do a conversion course, and am tempted with ezflow. but i rather like attractions nsi.
In your profile you state systems used as EZFlow and NSI...
are you using those systems without the relevant training?

I find it strange that you trained with a company but don't use their products, especially as you haven't been trained for that long, 3-4 months isn't a long time and definitely not long enough to have fully mastered the product you trained with.

Regarding doing a conversion course... your best bet would be to get in touch with the main companies firstly, ring Creative EZFlow and NSI, ask for their education folio to be sent to you... don't just look at products, also look at the backup they give you, customer service, ease of ordering etc etc.

This article should help... http://www.salongeek.com/training/27430-answer-most-faq-training-should-i-choose.html

Hi ya

I trained at my local college, using Creative, then did conversation home learn courses with Essential nails, using their Dream products, and now work as a mobile nail tech, and it's great.

Hi ya

I trained at my local college, using Creative, then did conversation home learn courses with Essential nails, using their Dream products, and now work as a mobile nail tech, and it's great.

Were you able to purchase Creative products when you had qualified?

Just had a look on the web about magnetic nails.They are quite a big company and their training looks good ,the lady who founded the company and trains has a lot of experience. Shes trained with ezflow,creative and various others even had training with Geeg.
Why dont you stick with what you trained with at least for a while.

I must add.... that the lady who owns this company STARTED with Creative Nails and has built her career up, to do very well for herself... so how can she slate Creative nails?? It has done very well for her in this industry!

Or was this Gina not the one who trained you?

Were you able to purchase Creative products when you had qualified? To be truthful, i did not replenish any creative stock, as i was introduced to Dream soon after and got on really well, so stuck with it, have heard a lot of nail techs say unless you have trainer directly with creative you can't order their products.:eek:

Been on the magnetic site before, check out the mobile nail cases, they are great.

Were you able to purchase Creative products when you had qualified? To be truthful, i did not replenish any creative stock, as i was introduced to Dream soon after and got on really well, so stuck with it, have heard a lot of nail techs say unless you have trainer directly with creative you can't order their products.:eek:

Yes that's true, and I love their product... just think it's a shame that people get trained at college with Creative products then find they can't buy them afterwards. I think that is a flaw with the college.

It is not fair on the students that they can't buy what they train with.

Not sure why creative do that my self, your right if the college agree to take on their kits the studnets should be able to use them after, they will know the techniques, does that mean you can't even buy at shows?

Not sure why creative do that my self, your right if the college agree to take on their kits the studnets should be able to use them after, they will know the techniques, does that mean you can't even buy at shows?

Creative do this because then they can ensure that the customer (Nail Tech) is getting the most from their product. Each system is different. Different mix ratios... different prep products to complement the system used... it is not easy to just switch between brands, and it is best done with product training.

The college will know that the students can't just buy Creative products, so should therefore train with products the students CAN readily purchase without being stumped when they need to get more stock.

At trade shows, I believe you can purchase Try Me Kits which have a small amount of product to do up to 3 sets (I think you can get more though). Creative will advise you on the stands, but should you wish to use their products in future, you will need to do the conversion course, which is free at the moment.

Thanks

Might have a look into that, like the idea of a little kit to try products out.X

Just had a look on the web about magnetic nails.They are quite a big company and their training looks good ,the lady who founded the company and trains has a lot of experience. Shes trained with ezflow,creative and various others even had training with Geeg.
Why dont you stick with what you trained with at least for a while.
Idid intend to use magnetic, but I came across ezflow and get on with it much better. the magnetic i find hard to control. perhaps i should give it another go , as the girl who trained me was very good, but like everyone says it's practice, and i seem to get much better results from ezflow and nsi?:hug: thg

Absolutely !!

thank you for your advise . i will keep an open mind. I think all the systems are great.

Latest posts

Back