what system to choose?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hiya

you say you did your training with magnetic, they do there own products so can i just ask why you aint using theres...?

I tried ezflow trial kit and nsi, and i preferrred them. to magnetic. but i might give magnetic another go. like they say practice makes perfect.
you do get such lovely product with ezflow, and it's so lovely to use. thg:eek:

Creative do this because then they can ensure that the customer (Nail Tech) is getting the most from their product. Each system is different. Different mix ratios... different prep products to complement the system used... it is not easy to just switch between brands, and it is best done with product training.

The college will know that the students can't just buy Creative products, so should therefore train with products the students CAN readily purchase without being stumped when they need to get more stock.

At trade shows, I believe you can purchase Try Me Kits which have a small amount of product to do up to 3 sets (I think you can get more though). Creative will advise you on the stands, but should you wish to use their products in future, you will need to do the conversion course, which is free at the moment.
thanks for your info thg:lol:

Been on the magnetic site before, check out the mobile nail cases, they are great.

California Nails in Bolton are now the master distributors of Magnetic nail products and a brand new training programme is being finished off right now to go with the vast array of products. You will be hearing alot more very soon. I have tried alot of products and i love magnetic, especially the wrap system and the new acrylic.

does that mean you can't even buy at shows?
Yes, you can buy at the shows. It would be near on impossible to police it to ensure only cnd trained techs bought the gel, liquid and powder at the shows.

:Grope:
I absolutely go for entity beauty, I love their products

:hug:

:green: hi
i'm new to the site, I didn't think there were people out there like me who loved nails. I'm new to it, and am deciding what to do next.
I do know i want to do a conversion course, and am tempted with ezflow. but i rather like attractions nsi. but then you've also got opi, and not forgetting creative,the lady i did my training with didn't recommend creative, she said the retention fluid wasn't good for your nails, so i have'nt tried that one. although a lot of people use creative. oh by the way i did my training with magnetic. yes i know none of you have heard of it have you. it's a dutch firm. i really enjoyed my training and learnt a lot.but i'm not in love with the product!
anyway going on to much, hope you can advise me
thg
icon_cheesygrin.gif

:rolleyes: :hug: :mad: :zzz:
Hi
I teach for Magnetic and use their products in my salon. Just wondered which product you were using as we do 3 different acrylic products. Let me know if I can help in any way at all I will. Where did you train?

I must add.... that the lady who owns this company STARTED with Creative Nails and has built her career up, to do very well for herself... so how can she slate Creative nails?? It has done very well for her in this industry!

Or was this Gina not the one who trained you?
do you mean her success is down to her training from CREATIVE?? i personally think success is something we have built within and is acheived by ones determination, natural creativity and attitude.. an education is merely a facilitator...i partly trained with creative and i would like to think I OWE MYSELF the credit for my success.. sorry if thats a lil deep but hey i teach nails and my results are only as good as my students!!!

Hi there!

Being not just a close personal friend of Gina :hug: but also her colleague as the Northern Irish distributor for Magnetic I can testify to her honesty, loyalty and love for the nail business!

She is one of the few totally trustworthy people in this line of work and anyone lucky enough to be trained by her should be very, very grateful.

I have been reading some strange things over the last few days and have been seeing accusations thrown around.
And this really hurts me:irked:, I have been a nail tech since 1995, have been an educator since 2003 and have nothing but respect for Gina and the way she conducts her business.
She has managed to surround herself with fabulous staff as well!

I do appreciate this is a hard business to be in (the distribution side I mean) but can we all please 'play nice'????

Thanks,

Christel

Hi Everyone
Just to say i have trained with Gina for approx 5 years now doing a number of different courses. I trainined originally at Creative, but when Gina went to magnetic i switched too. The product is great and very good in price, just proves you don't have to pay the price to get quallity. I have been a tech for around 10yrs and i have had some bad and good training over the year, but Gina and all her staff were great on the course and after.
You ask why is Retention bad, beacause it has primer in it, any thing with primer in isn't good is it really.:green:

Thanks babe!

In my (humble) opinion, I only put primer on clients when I find there is a reason for it or when they tell me the last tech they went to, started using it due to hassle with lifting.

I always try things my way first and do my proper prep, pterigium, dehydration etc etc and only grab primer as a last resort. Using therefore a 'spiked' monomer is not my cup of tea! But, no personal experience with this product so this is just a general opinion....

I do find this site very, VERY pro Creative though! No harm to them, but as soon as anyone says anything against them (including established facts!!) you get crucified...:smack:

Live and let live...

Christel

You ask why is Retention bad, beacause it has primer in it, any thing with primer in isn't good is it really.
Retention+ is a primerless, cross-linking monomer, it's forms a covalent bond with the nail.
Primer is optional with Retention+, therefore meaning that it doesn't contain primer in the first place.

just like to add
this site is not pro creative ..its just that there are a lot of happy creative geeks on here ,
but there are also lots of happy ez flow, nsi , millenium ...etc... geeks here too

so if you say something against creative its not that a war starts , its just that a lot of people are very happy with their products and will tell you so ..so it may seem like there is loads of us :green:

the site encourages people from other companies too ...Gigi started a thread about it a few months ago ,
asking other people to come on here ..

i have noticed ..the main creative people never "slag" off other companies ...yet a lot of other companies think its ok to slate creative .... and do it at every opertunity.
thats just an observation i have made ...why is that ?

also the primer added to retention !
where did you get that information from can i ask ....if you make a statement like that on here , it needs to be backed up with facts ...and same go's for any other company

i actually have been taught on this site , that to slate other techs is not professional , surely the same go's for other companies !!!!

I must add.... that the lady who owns this company STARTED with Creative Nails and has built her career up, to do very well for herself... so how can she slate Creative nails?? It has done very well for her in this industry!

Or was this Gina not the one who trained you?
in response to the last post... you have a good point- its unprofessional to slate other people or products.. Dont believe GINA has SLATED creative.. yet some her has just " presumed" because something was affilated with magnetic that is was in fact her.. i THINK.. in fact i KNOW she has done very well in this industry due to her incredible talent , drive and personality (did i mention PROFESSIONALISM??)as opposed to using ONE particular product ...YOU become your own success through hard work and determination whether you use perfect powder, ultra powder,A polymer, simplicite or johnsons baby powder!!! oh and guess what i use??? Creative!!!

Retention+ is a primerless, cross-linking monomer, it's forms a covalent bond with the nail.
Primer is optional with Retention+, therefore meaning that it doesn't contain primer in the first place.

R+ has IPN, this means Interpenetrating Polymer Network......
If you cross link a ploymer to much it becomes brittle, it has a lower flexibility.
What is IPN well, it starts as a monomer, but instead of cross linking they weave new and different chains throught the polymer network, they do not become part of the chain, but instead they re-inforce it.....
Imagine a mesh fence and then have bindweed weaving itself through it... the bindweed would represent the IPN and the mesh fence the polymer chain......
It does not contain primer, but it is primer optional for clients that have a lot of lifting.... I have never had to use primer with this system, just a fab prep.

Primers have their place in the nail service, acid free primer will provide a chemical bond so a mechanical bond i.e roughing up a nail plate is not nesseccary....

When choosing a system it comes down to what you want from a system, what can it do for you and does it tick all your boxes??? Make a decission based on facts and not on sentiment.

HI
After reading this chat forum, the most important thing to learn is to ask questions from our peers without slating / slagging or calling names, that does not do our industry any good!!!!!!!!
If you are new to this industry, please be aware that there are many key veterans around, its great to hear the enthusiasm expessed but please please do not become sheep, repeating what you have heard - constuctive critisism is welcome, questions eagerly answered. BUT personal details and names are and should be left in the playground.
C'mon Techs! we are true professiinals at work, and keep that in mind when chatting, every educator, distibutor or rep first started as a tech and worked there way up through pure hard work, many hours and all desreve a bit more respect in this forum.
products etc. can be discussed without "telling tales"
As a tech for 20 years and those in the biz know who I am, its about time the playground is left behind.
there are good companies and good educators out there, share your good experiances and what made a difference to you, wether its a technique, a product or a teacher that inspired you, share the good and move forward.
if you have a prob with any product the first contact should be to your teacher and communicate your problem directly and openly. A good educator will deal with it in the correct manner.
If it is still not resolved ask for recomendations, without bad naming .
Easy!
Ive seen too many brilliant and truely talented teachers leave the industry because they simply got sick of the playground mentality, - we as artists cant help ourselves in our expression - true techs are artistically minded and that also means tempramental. ( thats a compliment!)
This is not just a creative site, it is a proffesional site and i wont believe anyone that says Gina from magnetic has slated creative, if you are prepared to make those grand statments quoting someone then i suggest you have hard facts to back you up.
The reason why Gina is rspected is because she honest, respectfull to the industry and has never ever stated any negativity about R+.
She has had education from almost every company available, that is a true tech. an open mind, I have known Gina B for 7/8 years and yet to hear her slag creative or any other true proffs.
Whats with the peronal stuff?

You ask why is Retention bad, beacause it has primer in it, any thing with primer in isn't good is it really.:green:

Retention+ categorically does not have primer in it. This is a myth put about probably because when it was launched on the market it was called a primerless monomer....and some people just assumed if you didn't need primer with it..then there must be primer in it. Wrong!!!

Thanks babe!

. Using therefore a 'spiked' monomer is not my cup of tea! But, no personal experience with this product so this is just a general opinion....

I do find this site very, VERY pro Creative though! No harm to them, but as soon as anyone says anything against them (including established facts!!) you get crucified...:smack:

Live and let live...

Christel

You see how one incorrect stastement can get turned into something even worse..Spiked monomer!!!????...believe me this is not an established fact Christel......now just hang on whilst I get my hammer and nails!

Absolutely Sandi.

R+ has IPN, this means Interpenetrating Polymer Network......
It does not contain primer, but it is primer optional for clients that have a lot of lifting.... I have never had to use primer with this system, just a fab prep.

Once more for the record...thank you Ruth.......

HI
After reading this chat forum, the most important thing to learn is to ask questions from our peers without slating / slagging or calling names, that does not do our industry any good!!!!!!!!
around, its great to hear the enthusiasm expessed but please please do not become sheep, repeating what you have heard - constuctive critisism is welcome, questions eagerly answered. BUT personal details and names are and should be left in the playground.
C'mon Techs! we are true professiinals at work, and keep that in mind when chatting, every educator, distibutor or rep first started as a tech and worked there way up through pure hard work, many hours and all dIf you are new to this industry, please be aware that there are many key veterans esreve a bit more respect in this forum.
products etc. can be discussed without "telling tales"
As a tech for 20 years and those in the biz know who I am, its about time the playground is left behind.
there are good companies and good educators out there, share your good experiances and what made a difference to you, wether its a technique, a product or a teacher that inspired you, share the good and move forward.
if you have a prob with any product the first contact should be to your teacher and communicate your problem directly and openly. A good educator will deal with it in the correct manner.
If it is still not resolved ask for recomendations, without bad naming .
Easy!
Ive seen too many brilliant and truely talented teachers leave the industry because they simply got sick of the playground mentality, - we as artists cant help ourselves in our expression - true techs are artistically minded and that also means tempramental. ( thats a compliment!)
This is not just a creative site, it is a proffesional site and i wont believe anyone that says Gina from magnetic has slated creative, if you are prepared to make those grand statments quoting someone then i suggest you have hard facts to back you up.
The reason why Gina is rspected is because she honest, respectfull to the industry and has never ever stated any negativity about R+.
She has had education from almost every company available, that is a true tech. an open mind, I have known Gina B for 7/8 years and yet to hear her slag creative or any other true proffs.
Whats with the peronal stuff?

I had to quote this whole post as it puts things so well...

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/35972-systems-dont-require-primer.html
but just in case it hasn't sunk in...here is another thread where this came up.....with replies from Mr & Mrs Geek...

I think we can put this to bed now as we have the facts all straight...thankyou

Hi again!

'Spiked Monomer' was said as a general term, I didn't say Creative perse!!!
I DID say I have no personal knowledge of the Creative brand, I therefore didn't imply this was the case.

I am just trying to figure out how and what and if I can't do that here, where can I???
Always keeping in mind the colleagues I mentioned could have it wrong, passed on faulty info etc etc, WHY though do some salons still find a problem with having their products (not necessarily cheap stuff!!) adhere to a nail plate that is accustomed to Retention?

Again, please leave my head on!!! I quite like it!!! Just had my teeth bleached!!!:biggrin:

It's just an honest question: I work with a very good brand right now, haven't had a reason to switch brands and have never tried Creative, so please enlighten me....

Christel

Hi there!

Being not just a close personal friend of Gina :hug: but also her colleague as the Northern Irish distributor for Magnetic I can testify to her honesty, loyalty and love for the nail business!

She is one of the few totally trustworthy people in this line of work and anyone lucky enough to be trained by her should be very, very grateful.

I have been reading some strange things over the last few days and have been seeing accusations thrown around.

I honestly have not read any adverse comments about Gina on this site, nor would I expect to, given her background and experience in the industry.
I think again comment has been misconstrued i.e. that a Magnetic Educator said Retention + was not good for nails. Then all of a sudden Gina was attributed with saying it. No doubt competely untrue given her impressive training C.V. the majority of which was with Creative Nail Design.

Thanks babe!

. Using therefore a 'spiked' monomer is not my cup of tea! But, no personal experience with this product so this is just a general opinion....

Christel

Hi again!

'Spiked Monomer' was said as a general term, I didn't say Creative perse!!!
I DID say I have no personal knowledge of the Creative brand, I therefore didn't imply this was the case.

I am just trying to figure out how and what and if I can't do that here, where can I???
Always keeping in mind the colleagues I mentioned could have it wrong, passed on faulty info etc etc, WHY though do some salons still find a problem with having their products (not necessarily cheap stuff!!) adhere to a nail plate that is accustomed to Retention?

Again, please leave my head on!!! I quite like it!!! Just had my teeth bleached!!!:biggrin:

Christel

actually I would say that you did imply that Retention + was as you say a spiked monomer...as you quoted the person who said it had primer in it before you made your comment. IMHO

You ask why do salons have problems getting enhancements to adhere to nails previously used to Retention+ enhancements. All I can say is maybe their products do not have IPN technology and are not keratin bonding like Retention+ therefore do not adhere as well.

All of this though is rehashing what has already been said.
I see from your profile that you are an Educator for Magnetic....and I as per my signature am an Educator for Creative Nail Design...therefore we will both have a passion for nails and our particular systems.

We should agree to disagree...but always be professional, constructive and factual when talking about other products we have no experience of.

There are a lot of tech's using all sorts of systems on her and I for one welcome tech's using other systems as it can make for more varied posts and some great debates on here.
Another Educator on here will be a definite asset...as long as everything remains factual and constructive.

Cheers!!

Fine, we will agree to disagree! I know what I said and how I actually meant it, if that has offended anyone than my sincere apologies!!!!:cry:
And I did say I was asking to be enlightened....because I had been TOLD certain information.

Also, being married to a scientist means I take an awful lot of (any) company's commercial waffle for what it mostly is; commercial waffle...some stuff they (general term!!!!!) come out with would be damaging rather than being beneficial and sometimes down right impossible!
And between you and me, half the time I haven't got a clue what he's talking about but that keeps the "mystery" there!!!:wink2: LOL!!
One of his lines of business used to be exactly what we are all talking about and his professional opinion doesn't add up with a lot of what product companies claim! We will just assume I take a little bit more convincing that your average nail tech, and again I do not mean to offend anyone by that.

If there is a Creative ambassador out there willing to send me a sample kit accompanied by technical info, I will be more than happy to give it a go (will let him have a sniff around it) so I can compare it with Magnetic's Prestige!

xx:hug:xx

The original question on this thread was for a girl unhappy with her chosen products (Magnetic).
The unbiased advice given by several geeks was either to give it more of a chance as she was newly trained, and help was offered by a Magnetic Educator.
She was also advised to get a Try Me kit from other Companies such as EZFlow NSI or CND.
I suggest you get a Try Me kit too, like anyone can...it doesn't need to be sent by an Education Ambassador.....any technical advice is here on tutorials.
I don't understand why you don't just ask your friend and colleaugue though when they have so much experience working with CND products.
I don't know your husband.....but I have met and greatly admire and respect Doug Schoon....I know who I would put my trust in.

Can I also suggest you look about this fabulous site...and read, and get a feel for the COMMUNITY spirit here, for all technicians using any system...without getting into little boy arguments like "mines bigger than yours " lol:lol:

Latest posts

Back