What tan machine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missamyx

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum so just looking for a bit of advice. I am going to do my spray tan course next Tuesday so I am looking to buy a kit. I don't know which one is better the maximist XL kit that is available on suntana, or the kit that OMG are offering at the moment, which offers the HVLP 5008. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I don't actually know if there is much difference between the two or if it's just the same product but with Maximist plastered on the side! :o

xx

It depends if you need the tent and solutions, I love my omg 5008, as it has the wrap around hose tidy, the tent is ok and easy to put down, but my bag is a bit frayed after little and careful use, so I would advise putting some glue or clear nail polish along the seams under the zip part to strenghten it and stopmit from fraying. There are threads on here about the maximist labelling and newer tan coloured machines, as long as it's able to more than a couple of tans without the motor burning out and if the gun is good, you'll be ok. Hth :)

How do you get the tent down from omg????? lol

YouTube vids! Easypeasy now, but I can't for the life of me get my pop up camping tent down! :)

I can see myself wrestling with the tent! I'm not very good at things like that :o:lol:

I have just bought the hvlp 700 I didn't buy a package as I found it to be cheaper bought separately this machine is ideal for me and was affordable. :)

I have just purchased the 5008 with tent and 3 litres of solution from LA tanning for £239 plus vat which I thought was a really good deal. The problem I have now is that I cant find a trainer to train my staff!

I know Carlton have various locations, not sure where they all are tho. The brown tents are really easy once you have the hang of it, I old never put my old black one down tho.

Hey!

This is the way i fold my tent down! i think its the easiest way possible and it works with most tents!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lIPd-3OqS0&feature=related

As for which tanning kit to buy... For a little bit extra money, you do get alot more for your money with OMG Kits.

HTH,

Betsy :)

Last edited:
Don't just jump in and choose any spray because they have an appealing package, I bought my machine & tent 1st then got samples from different companies and tested them on different skin types decided which colour I liked the best, how long it lasted and how it faded. Most companies were great when requesting samples. :)

Thanks everyone, with the OMG package you do get a lot but if I don't like the tan i'm going to have 3 litres of the stuff! But looking on here it's seems to get good reviews :)

x

Try it for yourself first, do you know anyone who does it or has had it?

Not heard of anyone I know having it done before but what I think i'm going to do is get the package of the suntana website as it comes with 3 little trial bottles, then I will see if I could maybe get a sample size from OMG.

x

Good idea fake bake, vani-t send samples, elisions will send you a Sienna x sample try a few before you decide! I'm sure there are more that will, drop them a line! You will have friends & family quing up for them! I did a few samples on a few different skin types to see overall colour how long it lasted and how naturally it faded I'm glad I did.

Last edited:
Think i'll do that thanks! :) gives me a better idea what tans best to get. Don't want to spend £50 odd pound on a bottle and then decide it's not for me! x

Think i'll do that thanks! :) gives me a better idea what tans best to get. Don't want to spend £50 odd pound on a bottle and then decide it's not for me! x
Exactly! Out of the samples I had I chose my favourite 2 then I spoke to each company and fellow geeks to see which was best value for money ie how many tans per litre and did a bit more research regarding ingredients etc to see if I could offer something a bit different!

Good idea fake bake, vani-t send samples, elisions will send you a Sienna x sample try a few before you decide! I'm sure there are more that will, drop them a line! You will have friends & family quing up for them! I did a few samples on a few different skin types to see overall colour how long it lasted and how naturally it faded I'm glad I did.

Hi

I am a supplier for Vani-T based in Yorkshire. Any one wanting a sample of Vani-T based in North, West or East Yorkshire, Cheshire, Manchester or Lancashire please PM me with your details.

For anyone in Scotland please PM Jen (Jenx) at Beauty Revolution or anyone in the Midlands please PM Hayley (1hayleybell) at Gemini Beauty Supplies :D

Heather x

Thanks guys :) can't wait to do this now! sisters already got a few people lined up! Eek! x

Latest posts

Back