What to charge for Express Lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've also been trained in Lash Perfect La La Express Lashes in November and we were told on training that they could be left on up to 3 weeks. I have again rang them today and it's been confirmed that lashes can left on up to 2 - 3 weeks and then removed.

How can anybody say that Lash Perfect, who are a perfectly reputable company, that they their training is wrong. They're not a bunch of cowboys operating from some backstreet salon.

Taken from their website...

Lash Perfect is the number one choice for semi-permanent eyelash extensions and is the UK's market leading supplier. Our trained technicians offer a superior service with the very best products and support.

I trained with ah Francis - theirs say 2 weeks and no more.
Nouveau let's go lashes say must be removed after 2 weeks

I have never heard anyone apart from lash perfect say longer because of the damage it can cause!

Tbh I don't like express lashes anyway!

At the end of the day we all want them to come back after 2 weeks as it makes more business sense and I do tell clients say 2 weeks and have them removed. I was just letting you know that this is taught on their training.

I would have loved to do the Semi Perm lashes but unfortunately I have old lady eyesight and would have problems isolating lashes. :eek:

we charge £25 for express lashes, that includes free removal. I make the client book before they leave for removal. I trained with glam lash.

Lash Perfect estimate that a time period of 2 - 3 weeks

They as a branded company dont gurantee they will last in that period as many factors can cause them to fall away prematurely.

I've also been trained in Lash Perfect La La Express Lashes in November and we were told on training that they could be left on up to 3 weeks. I have again rang them today and it's been confirmed that lashes can left on up to 2 - 3 weeks and then removed.

How can anybody say that Lash Perfect, who are a perfectly reputable company, that they their training is wrong. They're not a bunch of cowboys operating from some backstreet salon.

Taken from their website...

Lash Perfect is the number one choice for semi-permanent eyelash extensions and is the UK's market leading supplier. Our trained technicians offer a superior service with the very best products and support.

Couldn't of put it better myself!

Just because a company is large and has lots of money behind it does not mean it knows best! Some of the more expensive and supposedly highest standard lash companies have pushed technicians away by refusing to move with the times.
2weeks is the longest I would choose to leave any non-isolated lashes on even though some companies claim they last much longer. I care about the health of my clients natural lashes!
Something to think about...
Lash Perfect sell 0.30 lash extensions. Not something I expect from a "reputable company".
Stop being fooled by big fancy names and start researching real facts.
(Sorry but these things make me angry!)

Just because a company is large and has lots of money behind it does not mean it knows best! Some of the more expensive and supposedly highest standard lash companies have pushed technicians away by refusing to move with the times.
2weeks is the longest I would choose to leave any non-isolated lashes on even though some companies claim they last much longer. I care about the health of my clients natural lashes!
Lash Perfect sell 0.30 lash extensions. Not something I expect from a "reputable company".

I take it that post was aimed at me? Did you actually read this bit that I posted???

At the end of the day we all want them to come back after 2 weeks as it makes more business sense and I do tell clients say 2 weeks and have them removed. I was just letting you know that this is taught on their training.

Please don't tell me to research REAL facts, I am only quoting what we were told on our training course.

Last edited:
I take it that post was aimed at me? Did you actually read this bit that I posted???

Please don't tell me to research REAL facts, I am only quoting what we were told on our training course.

I was merely trying to get the message across that people shouldn't take a companies word as gospel just because they're a large "reputable" company.

And that learning doesn't end as soon as you finish any training.

And by "it makes more business sense" are you implying you re-apply express lashes straight away, as I see no gain other than client lash health to be had from earlier removals...

I care very much about my clients lashes and 2-3 weeks has never been a problem only problems occur is when odd clients pick at lashes. I personally feel leaving semi perminent lashes on for weeks on end can be just as damaging to clients lashes everyone has different opinions and the way I have trained (2-3weeks) has worked fine for me

I care very much about my clients lashes and 2-3 weeks has never been a problem only problems occur is when odd clients pick at lashes. I personally feel leaving semi perminent lashes on for weeks on end can be just as damaging to clients lashes everyone has different opinions and the way I have trained (2-3weeks) has worked fine for me

I'm unsure how you can think that semi permanent extensions are bad if left on? The lash falls of with the natural lash it is attached to? That's it? Unless a poor tech has put them on and not separated any stickies?

I'm unsure how you can think that semi permanent extensions are bad if left on? The lash falls of with the natural lash it is attached to? That's it? Unless a poor tech has put them on and not separated any stickies?

Exactly! Either that or if they use extensions that are too long/thick/heavy for the client.

My own lashes have grown thicker/fuller/longer since having extensions as I'm no longer putting strain on my lashes with clumpy mascara application and removal or weekend and express lashes.

And by "it makes more business sense" are you implying you re-apply express lashes straight away, as I see no gain other than client lash health to be had from earlier removals...

I haven't had any clients that have had them removed and replaced straight away but again on the training we were told that you could remove and put a fresh set on straight away.

I tell clients they may last for up to 2 to 3 weeks and must be REMOVED PROFESSIONALLY at that time. I know for a fact that clients don't always come back to me for removal, how can I enforce that? Who knows what they do? How can we enforce aftercare with any client? We can give the aftercare advice until we're blue in the face but in all honesty once they've had the treatment and they've walked out it's completely out of our hands.

This is what I've been taught, who am I to argue with the trainers when I'm completely new to lashes? I'm not some unprofessional therapist who's come on here without training asking fellow therapists to give me free advice because I fancy a dabble in express lashes!

Can anyone suggest the best removal product?? I tried removing some last night but they wouldn't budge xx

Can anyone suggest the best removal product?? I tried removing some last night but they wouldn't budge xx

In our kit we were given the Lash Perfect removal cream which removed the lashes in about 10 mins. I'm not sure of what other removal products you can use but I'm sure the other ladies will give more help. :biggrin: xx

Most adhesives will work with any debonder or remover however the time it takes to remove any lashes semi permanent or express can vary sometimes they might all come away nice and easy but then they might be stubborn and take a little longer.

To remove I usually put remover onto my micro sticks and brush up all the lashes and leave it to absorb for a few mins and then go over them again. Sometimes it may take a good 20 mins to get them all off dependant on how much adhesive was used in the first place.

I know sone places sell a gel remover too i use the Flirties one as that's the adhesive I use it makes sense to use the one from the same system hope that helps x

Latest posts

Back