What to charge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crashell

Reaction score
ihave a client booked in with me and she wants a shellac manicure £20 however she has acrylics on her nails (from another salon) and wants them soaked off first, so what would you charge for the soak off?? x

Hi

I charge £1 per finger so ten pounds for a full set. This includes a mini manicure and rehydration of the natural nails x

I am aware that my prices are cheaper than most though as I am a new tech and my salon is in a low income area x

I think thats good advice. Its good that your taking into consideration of your area and the fact that your newly trained. I hate it when i look around at other salons (as you do lol) and i see that they arent located in the best area but they are charging an arm and a leg for treatments. Its a wonder how some of these 'salons' get business >:\
Think about how much you ordinarily charge for a set and other treatments and base your price off of them.

The first thing I would ask is what brand of acrylic does she have on her nails? That could make a big difference in time - usually the better the brand the quicker it soaks off. But I would ask that question.

I would charge £10 for a soak off if she is having another treatment with you!

I also have a different price for just a soak off.

So long as you are acquainted with soaking off acrylic then the £10.00 charge suggested seems reasonable.

I do not work with acrylic and agreed to remove someone else's acrylic work in my early days of trading and can only say it was a time consuming nightmare and would never agree to do this service again. I advise clients to return to the salon that put them on for removal and then book in with me for their BioSculpture overlays.

Jacqui xx

thanx peeps:)

£10 sounds fare,and im sure once she has shellac she will be yet another regular:).
i did think about charging her some where between £10 & £15 for removal.
its between £35 and £40 here for a full set of acrylic nails.
i know how much work and time can be involved with the removal, and then i will explain to her that when she returns for her re,shellac it will be free removal,

than every1 x

Good luck, hope its an easy removal :)

Latest posts

Back