what to do after college?how to get a job?help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazylady714

Reaction score
hi all
this is the first time that i've posted anything so here goes.
i just wondered what most of you did when you qualified
did you have a job already lined up or did you go mobile
i don't quite know what to do i'd like to work in a salon but
they all ask for experience and i'd also like to go mobile as i
could work my own hours.
let me know what you think

If you really want to work in a salon you could offer to work part time hours voluntary, that will give you more of a chance of getting a place in a salon or you could send spec letters to every salon you would like to work in and see if you get any offers, follow the letters up with a phone call a week after posting to prove to them that you are keen
Or you could try to find some where that is renting space to work from like hair dressers, good luck :hug:

my professional opinion is to gain experience in a salon environment first, to build up your techniques and times. you get to see how other professionals work, and the standards clients expect. It also helps to give you confidence, as people are around to advise you if and when you need it. This is not to say you won't be a fab tech if you go mobile straight away etc, just from experience/observation. HTHs goodluck :)

have your cv at hand and if you want to gain experience post it out to your local salons,thats what i did.
You never know you may just get that job offer,or maybe sevearl as the case maybe.
Gain experience in a salon or spa is my opinion,but im not saying mobile is bad,however to gain confidence if thats thin on the ground work in a salon.:lol:

i know how hard it is to get your first job in a salon, they all say "sorry we want somebody with experience" but how are you meant to get experiance without anybody giving you a chance? It's a catch 22. And like the others have said working in a salon gives you confidance and experiance so you can later go out on your own.
I was lucky enough to find a job while still doing my NVQ3, the salon was looking for a trainee they could train up to thier standard. It was a an excellent salon and i was very lucky to get that break.
My advice is to keep trying, if it's meant to be it will be. xx:)

Latest posts

Back