what to do with black powder

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessicawilli

Reaction score
I amgetting my hubby to bring me home some black acrylic powder tonight and just trying to decide what to do with it on my own nails. I have got some ice mylarm glitters, diamentes, pressed flowers, striping tapes and few other colours of powders also. Anyone have any suggestions. I am stuck at what to do.. I am excited about getting it tho.

Oh yeah also I am pleased to say I am now qualified. I finished my cert II a couple of months ago and love being a nail tech, I have a steady flow on clients coming to my house weekly, nice having an income. :)

not sure what system you are using.. or what line it is.. but some blacks can be very messy!! haha
I love black french.. but again becareful as they can make the fingers look stumpy..
Im sure you will have fun..
Creative have a lovely nail with the lunar done black and a stripe up to the FE which is white.. i adore it.. but cannot for the life of me get it to work..

have a look through the gallery.. you will see so much to inspire you.. i do..
happy playing..:green:

sorry, i am using L&P and the powder I am using is mosaic. I know it can be very messy oh help me lol.

I will post some pics once I am done. It'll take me hours no doubt as I'll bugger about deciding what to do

I work reverse so this is easier for me for this sork of work. But I would do my pink area all in one (reverse) then I would do a frenck in the black keeping very thin, repeat the french with a clear and when its nearly set i would push some c curve sticks (round circles)into the setting clear leaving press marks. You can then put silver or gold into the press marks and file down. You are left with a beautiful black frenck with pretty glittery circles.
Congrats on passing all your nail certificates and welcome to the addictive world of nails :hug:

I did a set of french black at halloween, I had to do them twice as I got black in the monommer....oops. Second time around, I used a different brush for the black and a seperate dish of monommer, I think it would have looked better with some intense pink as my nail beds looked a little pale, I used some northern lights over the nails beds to try and disguise the paleness lol xx

I did a set of french black at halloween, I had to do them twice as I got black in the monommer....oops. Second time around, I used a different brush for the black and a seperate dish of monommer, I think it would have looked better with some intense pink as my nail beds looked a little pale, I used some northern lights over the nails beds to try and disguise the paleness lol xx

a tech from the usa recomended to me to mix black powder with clear gel and apply to nails first and cure, then wipe off dispersion and complete the rest of the nail with liquid and powder as usual. i tried it out and it works great, i did about 1 part powder to 1 part gel. when ive used intense colours like this for tips before i always seem to get some degree of colour bleeding no matter what i try, but doing it like this made a perfect result.

* Oh - that's a Great idea! I use the Black Mosaic as well and I know in the past have had probs w/it shadowing the bed :rolleyes: So then someone suggested (if you don't use the reverse application) once you've laid your black on the tip area to apply clear over that before proceeding to putting "whatever coverage" on the nail bed area. But I'm going to have to try the "powder/gel" way :)

If you look at my avatar thats black powder. I would use 2 dappen dishes of monomer and 2 brushes if you can or make sure you clean your brush out really well with fresh monomer before applying pink.

you can never go wrong with a black and white design. Here in the US we do lots of impression technique. Doing a new set is one thing but filling them and changing the design to keep clients exited, with out spenting too much time is a whole new ball game. here is a link to a step-by-step slide show design.
Slideshow of French twist - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hope that help.
Happy Holidays

you can never go wrong with a black and white design. Here in the US we do lots of impression technique. Doing a new set is one thing but filling them and changing the design to keep clients exited, with out spenting too much time is a whole new ball game. here is a link to a step-by-step slide show design.

Hope that help.
Happy Holidays
That was fabulous. I've never done impressions, but that seemed such a simple way to get such an intricate design, I might have to try it. What do you use to do the impressions.

Hope that help.
Happy Holidays
That was beautiful hun you should post a tutorial of some of your work I am sure everyone would love it xxxx:hug:

That was beautiful hun you should post a tutorial of some of your work I am sure everyone would love it xxxx:hug:
:idea: as you can see I'm still working on my geekness, haven't figure out how everthing work yet, but so far I love the site, so will see alots more of me and my works for sure.

Happy Holidays:)

I did a set of French black at Halloween, I had to do them twice as I got black in the monommer....oops. Second time around, I used a different brush for the black and a separate dish of monomer, I think it would have looked better with some intense pink as my nail beds looked a little pale, I used some northern lights over the nails beds to try and disguise the paleness lol xx

any time you work with dark color or glider it's hard to keep it of the nailbed.
I like to do the pink first (on all ten nails)for many reasons.
1. I know for sure that the nail beds is pink like it should be.
2. When you done with all ten nails the pink is set up a little bit I can go in with a file and perfect the smile lines.
3. Because the pink is set by the time I do the tips, I can pinch with confident that I will not put too much pressure on the nail beds.
Have a look at this slide show on this link.
Slideshow of Glider tips - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Latest posts

Back