What to do with greasy hair???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

girlie

Reaction score
Hi,Just thought i'd make the most of this new hair forum and pick some brains!!....

....I have a chin length bob hairstyle,my hair is in good condition and nice and strong and shiney etc,but it is soooo greasy I wash it every morning and by bedtime its looking dull and greasy again,and in the morning is sooo gross I have no choice but to wash it again!!.....I have tried citrus shampoo,don't use conditioner,don't over style/brush,only use bit of serum on ends,so not sure if doing any thing wrong as such,I know the more I wash it the worse i'm making it,but can't go to work looking like Waynetta Slob!!!
Seem to remember when I did hairdressing at college many moons ago,Wella did a treatment for greasy hair,not seen it since though.Any ideas guys??
Thanks xxx:hug:

I have oily hair to & it has improved since I started using Tigi Superstar Queen for a day spray, its actually for volumising but my hair has been less oily since i started using it :green:

I also use Paul Mitchells - Detangler for conditioning its really lightweight so is perfect for my hair.

I have noticed a real difference since i started using these products :)

I'm up for trying anything that might help,thanks hun,will give them a try xx

Just one thing though....I aim for the "sleek look" so will the volumising spray make me look frizzy?

No not at all :)

It gives you that 'just walked out the hair salon' look ! Its fab

There was a thread a while ago about it, will see if i can find it :hug:

Brilliant,cheers chick!!!

My daughter has hair that seems to get greasy after 2 days so her hairdresser told her to rub the shampoo in to her hands before rubbing into hair, don't rub her scalp hard just light pressure, only rub conditioner in to the ends of her hair not all over and to rinse in cool water rather than hot and so far this has helped heaps she can now go about 4 days with it looking good:hug:

Gonna get some to try asap,can't wait!!! thanks sooo much xx

I rarely use conditioner and if I do only to ends,never rub as it stimulates sebacious glands as does hot water so only use warm water,so none of these to blame,but thanks for advice hun much appreciated xx

i had greasy hair (well still do and had to wash it everyday and like yours by evening was greay again) it turns out it was washing it evryday that made it greasy, leave it for as long as you can, i am doing mine every three days now, for the first week i admit it was groslsy greasy leaving it so long, but perservere cos it is worth it and it does get better abd you find you can go longer between shampoos xx

Try Bumble & Bumble's hair powder. It comes in different colours, you sprinkle a bit into the roots and it absorbs excess oil.

Someone told me to put talc in your hair when it's greasy... but I've never dared in case it looked more like a severe case of dandruff :eek:

I have also been told never to massage the scalp excessively though as this stimulates sebacious glands which in turn, cause more oil to be released... thus suffering worse with greasy hair...

... and I also recall being told to rinse in warm water.. and then a final rinse with COLD water to seal the hair or something...

Someone told me to put talc in your hair when it's greasy... but I've never dared in case it looked more like a severe case of dandruff :eek:

I have also been told never to massage the scalp excessively though as this stimulates sebacious glands which in turn, cause more oil to be released... thus suffering worse with greasy hair...

... and I also recall being told to rinse in warm water.. and then a final rinse with COLD water to seal the hair or something...

all that sounds good...

the talc on the scalp thing really does work..only a little mind!

i have told a few of my extension clients this tip and have had good reports...never tried it myself! xx

dry shampoo works a treat i got it in today!
xx

Most clarifying shampoos will remove any excess oil (and build up) sufficiently. Avoid waxy conditioners as that will simply exasperate the situation.

PS the concept of rinsing in cool water is to close the cuticle :)

HTHs

I have to wash my hair every 2 days at least, I should wash it every day really as on the 2nd day it looks pretty dirty!

I have found Bumble & Bumble Sunday shampoo o be good it gets rid of any product build up too, I use this once or twice a week. HTH:)

another tip is when you are massaging the shampoo in the scalp, is not to scrub too hard as you are stimulating the sebaceous glands, thus producing more oil!!!

Have used the talc trick on the odd occasion,Where would I get Bumble & Bumble shampoo? not heard of that one before? thanks all xx

Latest posts

Back