What Type of nail art do you guys do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you get artsy fartsy?

• I dont... I think nail art sucks

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • I mostly do stuff with coloured powders

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • I mostly do stuff with hand painting

Votes: 53 68.8%
  • I mostly do stuff with airbrushing

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • I mostly do stuff with stickers,enamels and things

Votes: 4 5.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So how do you get clients to be "daring" enough to try nail art...I do loads of fun things with EzFlows range inc "Footy Colours" 8) which so many people say "oh thats so cool...who did that?" When I say, "me" they reply.."great, love it" but I find it so hard to convince them to try it themselves...Do I just attract boring clients (I hasten to say!)

Any suggestions would be well appreciated. I am beginning to hate french nails! :(

sawadee ka

I learn nail art with brush and now have teach airbrush i tink the best when i see airbrush and then have hand paint some design so have both on nail then have original and no one can copy .

Kop khun ka

Mui

My favorite has got to be hand painted stuff ..............

I use striper brushes, the V-rush pens are fab, I like sponging too, get a great colour blend with this technique..... 8) ...........

Clear polish and add glitter, makes a quick and easy way to jazz up any french polish.. :D .............

Foils are fun too .... :D .......

Gel pens... :idea: ......quick and easy to use.............

Anything goes really ......................You name I will try to use it ;) ........

hpw43.jpg

hpw34.jpg

Love Ruth xxxxx

crowsnest said:
So how do you get clients to be "daring" enough to try nail art...I do loads of fun things with EzFlows range inc "Footy Colours" 8) which so many people say "oh thats so cool...who did that?" When I say, "me" they reply.."great, love it" but I find it so hard to convince them to try it themselves...Do I just attract boring clients (I hasten to say!)

Any suggestions would be well appreciated. I am beginning to hate french nails! :(

I have the same problem...people arent daring enough to go wild with their nails!! But I bet if they saw everyone else walking around with some tres funky leopard print nails, they'd be rushing in to get theirs done!
If someone comes to me for nail art, and they pick a design thats a bit boring, I always suggest something to funk it up a bit. Usually they come not knowing what the hell they want! They jus let me choose and get paintin'!!! :rolleyes:

xxlaylaxx

I use mainly rhinestones & metallic leaves to create flowers on the big toes, I also do some airbrushing and have been known to handpaint the odd hibiscus flower after seeing Christies :thumbsup:

I love doing freehand nail art.
I also find that a lot of clients can never make up their minds when faced with my palette. Instead of wasting time choosing (and I've wasted lots with indecisive clients :shock: ) I now suggest "something new" which isn't on the board. They think they are getting something no-one else has had !!!! Everyones a winner !!!!

I'm onto Moods polishes with abstract designs at the mo. Adds something extra, and seeing as I haven't got an airbrush its a cool option. 8)

It's airbrushed nail art for me - but only because I can't even manage to draw 'stick men' successfully. If clients seem a little wary of airbrushed nail art I start them off with an airbrushed french manicure, then a subtle colour blend (they go down SO well) and then gradually most will want to try something more daring. It's how I became hooked on airbrushed nail art and seems to work for others. I also use rhinestones/bullion/striping tape in some of my designs.

Jackie

I have the same problem...people arent daring enough to go wild with their nails!! But I bet if they saw everyone else walking around with some tres funky leopard print nails, they'd be rushing in to get theirs done!
If someone comes to me for nail art, and they pick a design thats a bit boring, I always suggest something to funk it up a bit. Usually they come not knowing what the hell they want! They jus let me choose and get paintin'!!! :rolleyes:

xxlaylaxx[/quote]

I work from home mostly but p/t in a hair salon doing nails for clients there...I bet if the big name Beauty Salons here did a big promo for funky acrylics they'd be stormed! So yes, I agree...maybe I'd have much more success if I had my own, nail exclusive salon, what do you think?

I would say 90% of my clients leave the salon with some kind of nail art. Ranging from a single rhinestone to wild and wacky!! I have no problem getting clients to have hand painted nail art - for which I charge £5.50 extra and it takes me 15 mins approx to paint a full set. However, the problem is trying to get them to have airbrushed nail art - which is £9 and takes 30 mins. (i'm still a bit slow cos i dont get much practice!!) I have display boards and they all know i do it but i can`t get them to have it! Any suggestions?? :huh:

Hi guys

I'm really glad this post got brought back into discussion as I think I would've missed it.

I'm surprised, and then strangely not.......that many of you have not discovered the delights of airbrushing! But "hang on a minute Mandini" I hear you say - "that thing has the paraphernalia required for making model aeroplanes!"

Well yes - suppose you're right. But the effects? My goodness - the quality of the finish is unrivalled. But I agree it nearly has the steep learning curve of L & P. At first it seems time consuming, but once you're organised and practised it beats hand painting.

Hand painting requires extreme artistic skill - and Chrissie - thoses tutsies are amazing! Airbrushing does not require as much - the stencils make the pictures for you - all you have to do is spray.

As for persuading your clients - start them off with simple colour fades onto their favourite enamel and then tweek in a few simple shapes. Have a fantastic display of your designs, but nothing too wild - mainly variations on the theme of French. Of course Christmas is coming - so get practising a really easy holly thing - it really takes seconds: green paint, place the stencil and spray, detail with striper and red dots with the dotting tool. £5.00!! AND, IT'S DRY INSTANTLY! 8)

hello every one

I love to do hand painted nail art it is one of my favourite tratments to do on a client, I could do it all day!! :lol:
I have not been doing nail art long so love to see what you all do to!!
I did an art course prior to the nails and beauty so have always had an artistic flare so to be able to bring it into my clients treatments is fab. I do want to learn how to do permanent nail art with acrylic looks tricky :| will give it a go soon maybe.
use link to view some nail art and nails that I did, any tips would be great ;)
http://groups.msn.com/nailmates/loo.msnw.
hope that works ?
Click on the images to make larger
love loo xx
look forward to hearing from you

I prefer to do hand painted nail art, but i will be learning airbrushing so i can offer both to my customers.
I have only just started doing nail art so, i am just collecting some designs together.

i always have some art on my nails, i would like to be more ambitious with it , but my left hand lets me down.some of my clients like nailart, once you get them started they get more and more daring. my 61 year old mother usually has some nail art , she was sporting stars on a gold base with christmas trees on her ring fingers over the holiday period. when people ask her about her nails she always proudly tells them "my daughter does them for me" she keeps a couple of my cards in her handbag and passes them on for me.i love hand painted art and i always do my teenage daughters nailart fresh every weekend, so that when she hits the clubs at the weekend she is my ambasador. my real passion is for 3.d coloured acrylic work, i use it to make jewellery and often team a 3.d nail on my ring finger with a matching necklace.

I love the color acrylics. I have Ez flow( all their collections) and quite a few Young Nails and my beloved Bubblious by Odyssey nails. I also like combining hand painting and rhindstones with my color acrylics.

:p I luuuuvvvvv nail art, Have 82 desigs to chose from & are all hand painted. Need to move onto Airbrushing soon though. I wear my nail art all the time & change it weekly it gets loads of attention. I have one customer how loves it too, must are just good old french polish peeps. I will be sending some to Nails soon to see if they want to print a few of them...as dont have a web site as yet :rolleyes:

I love to do Nail Art, I love painting free-hand designs and coloured acrylics for 3d is my passion. The possibilities are endless :) and the comments u get when sporting these jazzy nails are great.

I love nail art and couldn't imagine my job (hell no!.......my LIFE) without it!!! I mostly do handpainted and 3d-colored acrylic designs, the more difficult and challenging the design, the more I like it. When it comes down to what I sell most it's the abstract and flowery designs (springlike designs with butterflies are allways a big hit to). Those who want but don't really dare (yet) mostly go for a two-wone in colored and or glitteracrylics with maybe a flower or two.......or some rhinestones.

Mx10B-Close-Up-lime-dots-fo.jpg

FunkyNails said:
I love nail art and couldn't imagine my job (hell no!.......my LIFE) without it!!! I mostly do handpainted and 3d-colored acrylic designs, the more difficult and challenging the design, the more I like it. When it comes down to what I sell most it's the abstract and flowery designs (springlike designs with butterflies are allways a big hit to). Those who want but don't really dare (yet) mostly go for a two-wone in colored and or glitteracrylics with maybe a flower or two.......or some rhinestones.

Mx10B-Close-Up-lime-dots-fo.jpg
What beautiful work Manuela..........how about showing us your Step by Step?

Adele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back