What will i do???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tor

Reaction score
Hi All,
ok had this client in to me 2 weeks ago and she got a facial 1/2 leg underarm tinting etc done and i french polished her toes, herself and her partner have a premises 2 doors down from me but they never really open to be honest,

anyway christmas 2006 they bought 10 €30 gift vouchers from me for baskets that they were selling to there clients and they asked me could they get a deal from me so i said id give them for €25 each!!! anyways the fact that they never open their business on time and are closed the days they are ment to be open no1 buys anything of them!!! (so unreliable) the vouchers were valid for 1 year so they were out of date last xmas 2007, but she got loads of treatments done a few months ago and arrived in with 3 vouchers so i said id let her off this time her partner also got 2 facials and used the out of date vouchers but i let it go and i told myself no way is she using them anymore there out of date by 5 months NO WAY!!!

so anyway when she got her treatments done 2 weeks ago she said il drop the money up to you later i said grand but then she said oh im going on holidays with my friend and she wanted 2 skinkits and she wanted a deal so i said il give them 2 you for€20 each total of everything was €125 (excellent value as it was nearly €200) then she arrived up when i was mental busy and said iv the money left at the counter for you, and she asked me when she could see i was with a client will u fix my toes iv smugded them i did a quick topcoat and said thats all i could do, when the end of the day arrived i opened the envelope she gave me and she had 4 €30 vouchers and €5 in coins in the envelope,

i was raging as she knew they were out of date but she had tippexed out the date on my PINK brochures and filled them in herself to make them look valid DO I LOOK STUPID??? Anyways rang her phone no answer so i text her and told her i couldnt accept vouchers as they were not valid and 1 of them had already been used already and i dont accept vouchers for products only treatments, could she please leave the €120 with her partner and he could drop it in,

no reply so i text her the next day asking her did she leave my money with her partner no reply, shes back working as i seen her in her own shop yesterday and she didnt bother to come up with my money, and she definetly got my texts and if she didnt i dropped the vouchers back in her letter box and a note on the back saying i coulnt accept them, i have her credit card details from a previous transaction and im thinking of charging it what would you do

Thanks a mill for reading xx

Last edited by a moderator:
I would not use her credit card details.....leave another note through her door asking for money....if you do not recieve it before "next friday" you will be taking the matter further as she has got products of yours and not paid for them.....

The dame cheek of some people ....:eek:

Definetly don't use the card details although its tempting and tbh I would destroy them asap as I don't think you are allowed to keep the card details without the card holders authority (although im not 100% sure about that)

I think the only thing you can do is keep on at her for the money. The problem is you've let her get away with the gift vouchers a few times and I can understand why you have to a certain extent as she has spent a lot of money and it would probably make me feel awkward to but she has obviously milked it for all its worth and I get the feeling she has no intention of paying for the products or treatments if she had then she wouldn't have messed you about with the gift vouchers in the first place.

I do hope you get your money back but I think you will just have to keep chasing until you do, you could always type up an invoice give her 7 days to pay and advise if its not received you may take further action, like debt collection agency, small claims court etc.

I keep all my reciepts for cred card transactions thats hw i have her details you actually have to keep them for over a year, il ring her again and if she doesnt pay im gona charge her card and il tell her iv done it

what kind of business does the lady have to sell your vouchers.

Ouch!

I have the same policy of a year. Is it actually legal i wonder for us to do this. At the end of the day they have paid you for the vouchers even if it is discounted.

As annoying as it is maybe you should accept the vouchers but explain it was discounted and see if she will repay the difference. Would you give a 15% discount to a client that spends £300 with you anyway?

I would weigh up the pros and cons and I think I would take the soft option.

She has paid for the vouchers albeit they are out of date and yes discounted. She has not simply not paid for products/treatments so dont think it would stand up in court unless I think you state on the actual vouchers that they cannot be redeemed against products. She has her own business a couple of doors away and regardless of how often she opens she could damage your reputation by way of bad mouthing you. It sounds like they do like your services hence have spent a lot of money with you, do you think they are likely to remain clients and could you afford to lose them.

I certainly wouldnt charge her card because this is fraud as you do not have her permission and you will get in serious trouble off your credit card machine provider! She will be able to reclaim it anyway as you will not have her pin or signature to authorise the transaction.

As annoying as it is I reckon you wont get to far on this one and it may be better to let it go! If they have more vouchers left then refuse them as clients, but again this may get their backs up!

Kate

I keep all my reciepts for cred card transactions thats hw i have her details you actually have to keep them for over a year, il ring her again and if she doesnt pay im gona charge her card and il tell her iv done it

I did not know this, does this mean that every time I use my credit or debit card that the supplier keeps my details for 1 year?. Not happy about that at all, especially as my credit card was compromised to the tune of over £1000 last year. I did not have to pay it but the hassle is unreal.
I agree with previous poster over your problem. Hope you get the situation sorted out to your satisfaction :)

Not every supplier keeps the details of credit or debit acrd transactions for a year. The company I work for does not keep credit card details at all they are all destroyed.

Hi All,
i let it go and i told myself no way is she using them anymore there out of date by 5 months NO WAY!!!
Well in the nicest possible way hun, I think you've got to toughen up and get a stronger business head on your shoulders. It didn't do any good as you put above to 'tell yourself'....it should have been her you told!

No way would I be a/ accepting ANY vouchers that are out of date unless I have previously agreed an extension, and b/ considering this woman has taken the mickey somewhat on previous occasions, I wouldn't be accepting appointments from her without making it clear she comes with cash, or is paying with card on the day.

All my clients get quoted a charge for a treatment when they book, they pay on the day....no "I'll drop it in laters...." or anything...even my mates! I tell them that I wish i didn't have to be so tough, but that word gets around and so its one rule for all!

So I think you should drop this woman a pleasant letter telling her that the vouchers are out of date, and therefore not valid for payment. That you would like the bil paid immediately, as you are sure she understands that you cannot support debts in a business such as yours, and that you look forward to receiving her monies soon.

If she doesn't respond, a second stronger letter, telling her that the debt is overdue and you are giving her 14 days notice before handing it on to an official body for collection. If she still doesn't pay, it is then your choice as to whether you pass the debt on for collection (it would be my policy to do that), chase it through the small claims courts, or chalk it up as experience....and learn from it!

At no point should you even suggest you charge her card as to do so without her speicific consent for the transaction is illegal and you could very well lose your right to credit card facilities if your provider gets a complaint.

And don't take anymore bookings from her - or anyone for that matter - without having a payment policy and sticking to it.

If after repeated 'polite' requests she doesn't pay, tell her the police will be involved.
After all, she STOLE from you as she didn't pay for the products.
Keep a record of all the notices you send and the date, send a registered letter if need be.
She "taking the piss" as you all seem to say.

Don't let it slide. That's a lot of money to lose.

best of luck:hug:

Although it's a frustrating situation to be in be aware that if you charge what she owes you to her credit card without her permission it is theft, and regardless of how justified you may feel she could report you to the police.

Latest posts

Back