What would be your dream?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StefanM

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering focussing from a business perspective (as opposed to the creative side) what do you wish you could know about your business/wish you could do if anything was possible?

A bit open ended I know, but I'm just interested! Would it to be to have an endless supply of clients? Maybe to not have to work actually in the salon?

I look forward to your responses :)

Stefan

to be able to buy the building my salon is in and the flat above...as its a beautiful building and the flat is beautiful, then i could feel all the money i pay its mortgage every month isnt just empty money like my rent. Asides from being a beautiful building its a fraction up from the high street and 5 mins away from the beach so i know if i ever had to move away it would be all mine....and i could fit it out how i want rather than how it is now, i have nice laminate but it deserves glossy expensive tiles....but i refuse to make an investment like that when its not mine....

Hi Makeupartistzoe,

Good to hear! What are the chances of the building being yours? :)

our ultimate aim is to have a retreat with some spa like facilities in beautiful grounds where people can come to escape for an hour, a day or even a week if they wanted.

To be able to earn enough money just by working from home on web stuff rather than doing contract work as well - and to be able to take on a graduate to do a lot of the more run of the mill web design/development work, to free as much time up as possible to work on Java development for new projects.

To have a really successful beauty salon in a building i own, with a great team, so that when the time comes and i have children, i'm able to step back a little during pregnancy and while they are young.

My own salon... Just that.

Successful, busy and positively talked about.

HelenV - How close are you to getting to that stage?

Ruth - Do you think you will be able to drop the contract work soon?

FlawlessBeauty - It's good you are planning ahead. Do you think you'll have a team ready to run the salon soon?

HWilliams - Nice aim, how far off are you from that?

:)

A deposit!

Sadly, bit of insufficient funding at the mo. Long sad story that I'll depress you all with one day.

For now, my home based and mobile and my 2 other industry related jobs are what I'm focusing on.

H x

Sorry to hear.

On the positive side it sounds like you have a few things going on now which is good :)

I opened a savings account the other day and have £45 in it! but no other funding, maybe £ parents have put in bonds for me but I worked out my maximum profit potential earlier and will keep working hard! and wishing! xx

what about you?

My own salon one day, all set up, no expenses spared, pure luxury with awesome website & the whole shebang.
And to be REALLY successful & be renowned for my skill.

Good to hear makeupartistzoe! You're working to make it happen so that is good! For me, it would be to have many happy salons who are very busy (I'm entering the salon booking/ computer systems area) :)

Lovebeauty14 - Sounds very good! How far off are you with the salon? I guess skill is something that comes over time/with training.

Ruth - Do you think you will be able to drop the contract work soon?

Not for at least a few months; I need to get the web business making proper money first, and that isn't easy! At least employing a graduate will help though, as it will free up more of my time to do proper development work instead of mickey mouse changes to websites!

@Ruth - I can imagine it's not easy! Yep, great that you'll be able to focus on the true web dev rather than those time consuming easier jobs :)

HelenV - How close are you to getting to that stage?
:)

I would say we are at stage 1 we have a salon that is building nicely that we already have the whole retreat feel to. We have alot of clients that pop in for a cuppa and a chat...but alas we are a long way off the final aim.

Good to hear makeupartistzoe! You're working to make it happen so that is good! For me, it would be to have many happy salons who are very busy (I'm entering the salon booking/ computer systems area) :)

Lovebeauty14 - Sounds very good! How far off are you with the salon? I guess skill is something that comes over time/with training.
Well I'm about to set up my own home salon but I would love to have my own large salon in the future, maybe 10 years from now. I am very ambitious! Lol.

To be able to spend every winter based in Austria skiing. We could do this with our internet business as we could run it from abroad and have staff sending the orders out in the UK. And then do mobile nails and therapies in Austria too.

Maybe in a few years time - but would need more money coming in!

xx

It sounds like you're getting there Helen :) You also know what you're aiming for which is good.

Lovebeauty14 - Why not be ambitious?! 10 years time and who knows!

Wow Sophie - that sounds good! Certainly a different aim from many. I hope all works out for you :)

Latest posts

Back