What would you do?? (Shellac issue)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jac4Harry

Reaction score
One of my regular Shellac clients recieved a voucher for another salon in town. She decided to use it to get Shellac re done, 6 weeks after her appointment with me (which there was no chipping, only growth! 6 weeks!!). The 'tech' pulled out an e file to take off the Shellac. Client said she had never had it done that way, only soaked off, to which the 'tech' replied "No, it takes too long that way".

She had asked for Shellac by name, but when I saw her nails its apparent they have used some other system- and get this- they refill- Yes, REFILL- Shellac (or what they call Shellac). It took me an hour and a half to soak off the 'Shellac' today, I felt so bad for this lady as she never had wanted to go elsewhere, but didnt want to waste the gift voucher. It was very thick, very bubbly, nothing like I have ever seen before. So I called the salon this afternoon and they don't do gel nails, nor l&p, they only do Shellac.

How can I get this place into trouble? They are either applying Shellac the wrong way, or selling another product as Shellac, and still doing it all wrong, damaging peoples nails in the process.

I don't know but there should be something you can do. Perhaps someone else will know something

Put a sign in your window that says

We Repair botched/fake Shellac treatments from other salons by using the REAL Shellac and all the correct protocols.

:o

I agree with the above posted. Get an Official one made up from Vistaprint so customers can take you seriously - LOL

I hate these fraudsters getting away with using other products & damaging ladies nails....

Put a sign in your window that says

We Repair botched/fake Shellac treatments from other salons by using the REAL Shellac and all the correct protocols.

:o

lol you're hilarious Geeg and what i think is even funnier ... i know you're being serious. love the real you avatar. whoo hoo. :)

Could you not pop in & see what products they are using?

lol you're hilarious Geeg and what i think is even funnier ... i know you're being serious. love the real you avatar. whoo hoo. :)
I am ... I would totally do that. Glad you can now see I am really not an apple! Lol

Latest posts

Back