What would you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes it more exciting? Lol

Come on, give us an update, we can't wait.

Personally I would tell her you've accepted her resignation via text and will follow up with her last pay and P45 in a week or so and ask her to leave immediately, I'm very hard when it come to things like this though and would take it very personally especially as your have a policy in place and you had offered a solution to accomodate both yours and her holiday time.

I cannot tell you how much I love this!

Brilliant!

NEED to know what happened . . I have even subscribed to this thread so that I do not miss out on the ending xx

What have we learnt here? Don't have your bosses mobile number, always communicate by salon phone and nothing else.

Seriously though, don't take it literally that she's going to leave. It looks like ultimately, she wanted to rant to a mate through text and was unlucky enough to send the text to you. It doesn't mean she actually WILL leave. I mean, who doesn't moan to friends and family about their job now and again.

I just had to send Chloe an email, perhaps she can't find her original thread or maybe the staff member is on here.

Need to know :eek:

I just had to send Chloe an email, perhaps she can't find her original thread or maybe the staff member is on here.

Need to know :eek:
Thanks Taggyboy. Anticipation makes it more exciting. Lets hope all is well.

What have we learnt here? Don't have your bosses mobile number

My boyfriend hasn't go this bosses number in his phone, if she texts him he deletes the text straight always case he accidentally texts her!

I've just deleted my 'day job' bosses number... Great advice!

So curious!!!

Lol I still have the number of the company director from my last place In my phone, as well as the area manager, the manager,complaints dept, all the staff, and many of the other shops managers numbers (and email address's) all personal numbers not the work landline.

I also keep people who have donee wrong on Facebook. Keep your enemy's close and all that xoxo

I logged on to see if this has been updated, I really want to know :)

Loving this thread. Please give us update lol x

Hi Geeks,

Sorry not replied sooner!

Ok so the next day I called a meeting with myself, my manageress for the salon and said employee. I asked her if she had anything to say about the previous day. She apologised and said she shouldn't have gone off the way she did. I asked if she had anything else to day (regarding txt) she says she didn't know she had text me and didn't know what the text said so i told her. I think she was abit embarrassed.

I asked her if she was handing in her written resignation and she said no. So I explained that obviously she said in her text she was leaving but a text message is not good enough notice we need it in writing, to which she replied she Is not leaving.. all great and assuming back to normal. I told her anything like that again and it will be a disciplinary etc.

So that was the Friday. Following week on the Wednesday we had not one client in all day for hair or beauty! So I asked the manageress if herself and the other employee could deliver some flyers to the houses across the road from the salon.. She was fine about it so explained to employee what they needed to do. It was not raining or cold etc I would not expect anything to go out in that weather. Anyway said employee refused was not happy kicked off again saying she was leaving and not coming back in tomorrow! So finished early!

Salon manageress had her texting her all night one minute saying she was leaving and wasn't doing any notice period, then the next saying she wasn't leaving and she wouldn't leave us in the ****!

So as you can see hassles after hassle really! Nt quite sure what is happeni with her. We sat down had a good talk I asked her if she was fed up etc and that she can always talk to me about personal or work problems and if not me then the manageress. But just feel like treading on egg shells really.

Anyway she's signed a new contract she's fully aware of holidays and notice period etc so we shall see!!

Hi Geeks,

Sorry not replied sooner!

Ok so the next day I called a meeting with myself, my manageress for the salon and said employee. I asked her if she had anything to say about the previous day. She apologised and said she shouldn't have gone off the way she did. I asked if she had anything else to day (regarding txt) she says she didn't know she had text me and didn't know what the text said so i told her. I think she was abit embarrassed.

I asked her if she was handing in her written resignation and she said no. So I explained that obviously she said in her text she was leaving but a text message is not good enough notice we need it in writing, to which she replied she Is not leaving.. all great and assuming back to normal. I told her anything like that again and it will be a disciplinary etc.

So that was the Friday. Following week on the Wednesday we had not one client in all day for hair or beauty! So I asked the manageress if herself and the other employee could deliver some flyers to the houses across the road from the salon.. She was fine about it so explained to employee what they needed to do. It was not raining or cold etc I would not expect anything to go out in that weather. Anyway said employee refused was not happy kicked off again saying she was leaving and not coming back in tomorrow! So finished early!

Salon manageress had her texting her all night one minute saying she was leaving and wasn't doing any notice period, then the next saying she wasn't leaving and she wouldn't leave us in the ****!

So as you can see hassles after hassle really! Nt quite sure what is happeni with her. We sat down had a good talk I asked her if she was fed up etc and that she can always talk to me about personal or work problems and if not me then the manageress. But just feel like treading on egg shells really.

Anyway she's signed a new contract she's fully aware of holidays and notice period etc so we shall see!!

I'd get rid now. You can't have someone kick off all the time. Look in your contract to see if it says "and any reasonable request asked of you buy the manager/owner) in te job description area. I warned a employee once for refusing to clean her plates as it said the above in her contract and it was a reasonable request.
This girl seems like a risk card for you I'm sorry to say. Now she has signed a new contract have you re started her probation period? I would watch her very closely and any wrong move is the end xoxo

Seriously! That attitude alone she would be out the door.

Make sure you keep all text messages in case you need them at a later date.

Why on earth give her a new contract!

I'm sure there would be hundreds of young people out there willing to work hard!

I don't care if it was blowing a gale and minus 5 outside! If the salon was empty they can't just pick their feet up and chill out at your expense!
Get out there, get on the phones, get online!

I'm sorry if this comes across harsh here but I suspect you need to toughen up here. If the management is weak and inconsistent then the staff will walk all over you. Unless you're a millionaire and can afford this or you run a charity for underprivileged kids with poor backgrounds then there needs to be BIG changes.

It's not just her attitude in work, imagine what she's like unsupervised? There will be no positive talk of the business, no passion, no peer to peer referrals, the lifeblood of small businesses!
Honestly if you are managing her like this because you 'feel bad' then anything else that happens in the salon with this employee is solely your fault as you have given her a licence to stick two fingers up at you and smile while she's doing it!

Why on earth give her a new contract!

I'm sure there would be hundreds of young people out there willing to work hard!

I don't care if it was blowing a gale and minus 5 outside! If the salon was empty they can't just pick their feet up and chill out at your expense!
Get out there, get on the phones, get online!

I'm sorry if this comes across harsh here but I suspect you need to toughen up here. If the management is weak and inconsistent then the staff will walk all over you. Unless you're a millionaire and can afford this or you run a charity for underprivileged kids with poor backgrounds then there needs to be BIG changes.

It's not just her attitude in work, imagine what she's like unsupervised? There will be no positive talk of the business, no passion, no peer to peer referrals, the lifeblood of small businesses!
Honestly if you are managing her like this because you 'feel bad' then anything else that happens in the salon with this employee is solely your fault as you have given her a licence to stick two fingers up at you and smile while she's doing it!

i agree, i think she'll take the mick and still end up walking out on you. i think you're too trusting here.
good luck.

Latest posts

Back