What's that-nits?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexx

Reaction score
Hi all!
is that what I think it is?????
I hope the picture is good enough to see.....

xx

Attachments

• IMG_2208.jpg
    IMG_2208.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 81,704
Ooh I'm not a hairdresser but even I can see what you think it is!!!

See the one tucked away up and over to the right?

Oh dear looks like nits. My daughter kept catching them at school as one parent didn't bother treatment for her child. I had to threaten with going to the papers to name and shame the school it got that bad! X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

omg....great! I was prettiping the hair this morning for a fittings tomorrow, just to notice at the end that there was something wrong with them! My customers won't be impressed....especially that it's just before new years eve! Have any of you had such a situation before??

Thats terrible ! the hair shouldve been checked before hand

omg....great! I was prettiping the hair this morning for a fittings tomorrow, just to notice at the end that there was something wrong with them! My customers won't be impressed....especially that it's just before new years eve! Have any of you had such a situation before??

Oh no are these a set of extensions?! Xx

Omg! Ring the supplier and play bloody murder at them.
If they have been well treated then they should be dead and not a problem but its not nice to be putting hair in with eggs on them.
Xoxo

I've just found something similar to these on a set I'm fitting today! They were white on mine tho :/ x

Can we ask which supplier as to avoid them ,but the chances off them being alive are slim ,i take it the all the extension manufactures have a manual process to remove lice eggs from the hair :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Can we ask which supplier as to avoid them ,but the chances off them being alive are slim ,i take it the all the extension manufactures have a manual process to remove lice eggs from the hair :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

I will not mention the company name on the forum until I hear back from them. Although anyone who's interested send me a pm.
They have really prompt customer service, so I would expect to have a reply quite quickly.

I'm sure that the're not alive, as hair extensions go through at least 3 different processes, the first being insecticides.
I always try to have some more stock at home,but before xmas I haven't
ordered any of the dark colours and quickly run out of them. So I don't have any spare hair for my customers tomorrow. I really don't want to disappoint them and have this crazy idea to just go through all the hair and cut all nits out of them! I'm really paranoid that the hair from previous orders might have nits as well.....but surely I would have noticed them???
aaaarghhh I can't stop scratching myself! haha

xxx

Ive had this many times but only wen using cheaper hair. All extensions start with live nitr and egg stacks. as wen hair is collected its all put together so if 1 batch has nits It spreads. I saw it at banbury postche where i trained. But all manufactures hav the technique to remove all nits and eggs. But sumtimes they do leave eggs attached to the hair and thats what it is. Contact the supplier and tel them they shud exchange it. If u havnt got time get a nit comb put conditioner on the hair and comb them out and wash the hair. They are dead eggs as they are boiled at high temprature so dont worry x

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek

I'm on my level 2 hair and some of the blocks we use had nits in.

They said it is much cheaper hair so there will be some in. Luckily I didn't find any in mine. So this maybe why if the hair is cheap.

I bought a block a few weeks ago for a customers daughter & it was full of them! X

awh....that's a shame! The company I bought the hair from is one of the most recommended in here from a budget range. But all my order had a problem... weft 18" #1b and u tips #2 and #1 16"both had nits. So it's not like it was just one random packet. On this basis I don't know whether to give them another chance.... I'll see what they say tomorrow.

managed to do a better picture.
x

Attachments

• IMG_2213.jpg
    IMG_2213.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 23,747
Block heads should, like you said, the hair is cheaper but its good to be able to spot them and remove. Xoxo

Oh my god that's terrible! Would you mind pm'ing me who this supplier is? xx

Must be me, but they dont look like nits at all...more like blobs of glue or something.

Nits are a little bigger than in your photos and brown and if there are nits there will be white eggs also. With nits, you can easily see them as little crawling creatures and your photos do not show this at all. (even if dead, you will still be able to see little legs).

Latest posts

Back