What's your favourite massage medium?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manda Panda

Reaction score
Hi all.
I have recently completed a Swedish Massage course and have been searching for an alternative product to use other than Grape Seed/Sweet Almond oil with not much luck.
I have no knowledge of aromatherapy but would like some thing that smells lovely.
I was also thinking of introducing full body exfoliation along side the massage and would also love some ideas as to products to use.

i like grapeseed, as its not oily and gives me just enough slide.
are you qualified in aromatherapy? or pre blended massage? if not i suggest you do a pre blended massage course, which will enable you to use pre blended oils. x

I used one of those waxes (not sure if the same brand) where I was working. They are lovely :) x

have just taken a peek at the site foz' . just sent my therapists application.
which waxes do you reccomend? x

Personal faves are unscented and sports. The Mountain one is nice too,

Mat

I only use Tui Massage Waxes now. Can't stand using oil since I discovered them.

Tui Massage Wax & Balmes

Mat

I discovered these at professional beauty and I love them, so much nicer than oil. My OH is trained in sports massage and he loves them too.
The my favourites are lavender, orange spice and wild rose x

Eve Taylor do a range of pre-blended massage oils that smell gorgeous, check out their website..as you have qualification in massage you should be able to open a trade account which allows you to buy at a discount x :D

Another vote here for the Tui balms!

They're utterly fab to work with, altho I used to mix about 50/50 with sweet almond oil for Hydrotherm massages for that little bit of extra slip.

Eve Taylor do a range of pre-blended massage oils that smell gorgeous, check out their website..as you have qualification in massage you should be able to open a trade account which allows you to buy at a discount x :D

I have the Eve Taylor oils, they are nice. Not tried the waxes yet though! x

Grapeseed for me too :)

Thank you so much everyone for your advice. Funnily enough the two names that have been mentioned are the two I were considering. Think the best way to decide is to give them both a whirl xx

A lot of therapists, once they try a balm or cream, they don't tend to go back to oil...I use a similar type of product to Fozzyo - it's called Premax which I use when working with sporting teams. My other fave is Elektra magnesium cream which is manufactured not far from me....I initially bought it for me but have been trying it out on some clients...my sports clients love it and keep coming back for it. I'm thinking about retailing it now because of its popularity.

See if you can get a few product samples of various balms and creams and see what you take to. I won't go back to oil now unless someone asks for it or if they have sensitive\allergic skin.

That reminds me! The Tui waxes ... good enough for premier league football teams to use!

Mat

Waxes all the way :0)

Latest posts

Back