What's your favourite way to break a nail?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My daughter with natural long nails that don't break, after gel polish was applied. Pressed the button lock on door knob and her nail got stuck in door knob alongside button while locked in toilet. She did it at friends house so after unlocking door with screwdriver she was still attached to door they had to break nail to rescue her. Of course they took pictures first for Facebook.

Wiping down kitchen worktops and hitting them head on when I get too close to the wall..:irked:

Oh I actually thought this was just me! Glad to know others miss judge how close they are too!

Dishwasher door! I pulled it down and fingers slipped :( ouchie!

stacking and dragging stackes of bloody chairs at work. if the kids did as they was told. i wouldnt allways break my nails on them! LOL

The fridge door is my nemesis! I've broken so many nails over the years trying to open that thing! I'd quite like to replace it with one with a proper handle, if it wasn't only 3 years old. Peeling potatoes and veg, which my other half does now and grating anything. Every time I get out the grater he looks at me and shouts "mind your nails!" and usually takes over. I travel a lot and carrying heavy bags is always a nightmare. I used to take a large weekend bag away with me and the constant rummaging through it was hell on my nails. I switched to a trolley suitcase and problem solved. Car doors aren't my friend either.

I was eating something a few weeks ago, can't remember what but it was finger food. I accidentally chomped on my nail! It was a really odd sensation, luckily it didn't actually break.

My last break was caused by removing polish! I was using acetone free remover on my pinky and my entire free edge just peeled right off! Really odd!

Cleaning the car, cleaning the bath taps, mmm, cleaning generally. I need to slow down and not bash my nails against things.

I did hit my nail with a hammer once. It bloody hurt but I didn't break my nail!!!!

Bashing against the wall, the fridge etc these are ones I have to avoid daily and do pretty well to manage to keep them intact!

The washing machine & clothes has beaten me on my last set when due for infill and broke the tip off my thumb nail.

I'm surprised I've not broken on the tanning tent as yet to be honest, got some right force on it when that pops up!!:eek:

I always catch my index finger flushing the loo! ! I always tell clients to be careful with the push button flushes!!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Travel is a big one, especially when I do trips with my students (read: low budget). Lots of schlepping luggage on planes, trains, and busses, up and down cobblestone streets and badly paved sidewalks, breaking nails on the handles or zippers. I now clip all my nails down before I go on my student trips!

My favorite way? The I-don't-know way. When I look down and discover that a nail is broken. Can't remember when it happened or what I could have done, but there it is.

I have a habit of putting my indicator on with my nail, I always ping one off into my passengers face

I was pushing a thermal box (which contained hot school food) into the van but i was rushing and my thumb knocked against the wood panel in the van and sheared straight off!

Needless to say I cried as I'd been growing my nails for months for the first time EVER in my life and was about to get my first gel mani done for my first hols abroad with the family.

(I haven't made that mistake again)

Myself - bread knife (dd1 will not eat bread only bagels). DD 2s drawers, silly little handles I get them stuck in. The car boot. Making the bed. Bringing the aframe in at the salon and it slips and drags my nail with it grrr!

Clients - car door, cleaning, carseats and drunken nights out

Most bizzare - I was opening a can of spam and my ferret ran up my leg 😳

Latest posts

Back