Whats your pet hate , with being a hairdresser/barber?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a phonecall off a client a couple of weeks ago asking me if she could 'pop down' & buy a tube of tint of us so she could colour her hair extensions!!! Obviously I said no & explained about insurance & professional colours & she was like 'well, it's only 1 tube of colour, I'm not going to say anything am I?'
Did make me laugh to be fair! :)

Ha ha-love this one!! We've just got to laugh sometimes or we will go insane!

You lot just havn't got your clients sufficiently scared of you! Mine would not dare colour their own hair, let alone try and buy a tube of tint! The tint I use isn't available in wholesalers, plus I always intermix so they aint got a hope in hell of matching it!

Mine slink in shamefaced if they so much as get a fringe trim elsewhere. I know my cutting signature so well I can tell "snippage" a mile off!

Hairdressers who slate other hairdressers to clients.

BIGGEST pet hate is when clients like to leap out of there chair when their phone rings WHILST im still cutting their hair.....not the brightest at times are they!

I agree I think clients who speak on there phone whilst having there hair cut is bloody disrespectful and dam ring rude, I wonder where you'd stand in court if I waked an ear off due to them grabbing there phone. I just stop the service when the are on the phone I just don't take no nonsense.

One of mine is..
Client: have you got any appointments on Saturday
Me: I have only got 3pm
Clients: oh can you not do 2pm

Uuummmm!!

One of mine is..
Client: have you got any appointments on Saturday
Me: I have only got 3pm
Clients: oh can you not do 2pm

Uuummmm!!

Haha yeah I get that. Have u possibly got anything at all for Thursday evening? I can do 5pm, well could you not do 2pm? Ehh!!

I actually have one lady that eveeery week after her shampoo she coils up the end of the towel and puts it in her ears to dry them!! Also once i nipped upstairs to check on a colour and when i came back down she was using the backwash to wash her face as she was 'feeling a little sweaty' :/

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

I hate when u cut a mans hair And he says can i have a bit more off grrrrr lol x

From working in a hair salon, i can say the one thing i really dislike is parents that bring their children in with headlice.

Poor hairdresser has missed it before, started cutting and then felt like she couldn't stop, so finished the cut. Checked the second child and they were crawling with them. Mum says, oh i checked them thoroughly last night and they didn't have any.

Poor love gets so worried about catching them. She spent the rest of the day scratching, lol

I hate when they inquire about colour an you tell em x costs this and we can fit you in Friday but as you are a new client you'll have to come in for a skin test
Oh I'm not allergic
Sorry it's salon policy
Ok then and they book appointment and a date to get skin test don't turn up for test so you call saying you'll have to cancel there appointment till they get skin test and it's all our fault erm sorry but you were told no test no colour how is that my fault gggrrr !!!

When they book in for a wet cut/trim and have a restyle!
Answering and having a conversation on the phone while your trying to blow dry there hair, so you have to stop and run behind!

From working in a hair salon, i can say the one thing i really dislike is parents that bring their children in with headlice.

Poor hairdresser has missed it before, started cutting and then felt like she couldn't stop, so finished the cut. Checked the second child and they were crawling with them. Mum says, oh i checked them thoroughly last night and they didn't have any.

Poor love gets so worried about catching them. She spent the rest of the day scratching, lol

Oh yes this really infuriates me!!! Especially the repeat offenders who clearly aren't treating their kids!!! I check my little girls hair every time I wash and brush her hair or even if she's just coseying in on the couch :) xx

Guys with greasy, or just horrible hair. Yuk

I once had a client come to the salon I worked in and on this day just wanted a consultation. She wanted a complete new look. I sat with her and we discussed different ideas for colours and styles and I picked out some images from magazines to suit her. She really liked what I suggested and so I asked if I could get her booked in, she booked in and asked how much it would cost. I told her, and admittedly the salon I was working in was extremely expensive but she still seemed ok with it. As I walked away, she then tore the image out of the magazine that we had decided on for her new style and shot out the door! .. She didn't show for her appointment and I never saw nor heard from her after that!

Soo.. People who come to a good salon for a consultation then go somewhere cheap to get the service I recommended!! Grrr!! Time waster!!

X

When they book in for a wet cut/trim and have a restyle!
Answering and having a conversation on the phone while your trying to blow dry there hair, so you have to stop and run behind!

haha, I don't stop! I am slow anyway, so my manager would kill me if there are any additonal reasons to slow down my process :)). Plus I find it very rude and it's not my problem they want to talk on the phone, should they do it prior or after the service.

My pet hate ( as a 'serial dryer') is when they book for a blow-dry with a trainee and then they show me photos of how the style should look like. And when I try to explain that curling is not part of the blow-drying service, they don't understand.

Another thing I don't like is when you can tell your client is unhappy with the cut or with something and you ask them as friendly as possible what's wrong and what can you change to make them happy and they refuse to tell you. I much preffer the fussy ones, at least when they say 'that's excellent, ta!' they really mean it.

I work in salon as a barber and we are non appointment so when we close at 8pm we put a sign up stating we are not taking any more cuts as we are busy til closing and someone will walk in and say "can you not fit me in?" erm no dude we have homes to go to!! Lol

Also when you sit them in ya chair and you say "what can I do for you?" and they reply "a hair cut" I say back "sorry we don't do them here!!!" really annoys me lol :)

Also when you sit them in ya chair and you say "what can I do for you?" and they reply "a hair cut" I say back "sorry we don't do them here!!!" really annoys me lol :)

Lol one of the girls had a gent in and asked what he has his hair cut with (she meant all clippers, or all scissor cut or whatever) and he said "knife and fork" pahaha!

Lol one of the girls had a gent in and asked what he has his hair cut with (she meant all clippers, or all scissor cut or whatever) and he said "knife and fork" pahaha!

What a knob, also when you ask them how long it's been since there last hair cut and they say "I don't know?".

I mean come on you must have at least 6 haircuts a year and you still don't know!! Lol

Latest posts

Back