Whats your pet hate , with being a hairdresser/barber?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do old bald stupid twatty blokes think its hilarious to walk into a salon and say "Can I have a perm"?
Its not funny, I have heard it a thousand times *yawn*

Why do old bald stupid twatty blokes think its hilarious to walk into a salon and say "Can I have a perm"?

Lol.. They seem to think we were born yesterday! Or they say "just a little off the top" when that's the only place they don't have hair!

Clients who say "I'm running 10 minutes late, can you still do it" so ill say yes, then actually turn up 20-30 mins late!!
Ridiculously fussy MODEL clients who are in with our trainees who want the works!
And hair in my bra at the end of very day heehee!

I agree, a bloke stood in front of me bald as a coot and says "can you do anything with this pointing to his head, i mean what a pr!€k!

Hahaha I had a bloke say that every 4 weeks! He thought he was hilarious! You have to do that fake smile/laugh. And whenever I said "would you like a drink" he'd always be like oh yes Bacardi and coke please! X

I agree, a bloke stood in front of me bald as a coot and says "can you do anything with this pointing to his head, i mean what a pr!€k!

Do fat bald middle age blokes who start talking to you on a night out ask you what you do for a living then say...ohhh what can you do with this? Extensions?....thinking they're the first person in history to crack that joke!!

i hate sets, i had one lady take the brush off every hd shes come into contact with in my salon....shes so annoying, why come in if your gona try picking or getting a brush and try doing it yourself?!!!!!

Another pet hate, and this is definalty not meant in a cruel way but we have some traveller clients, who are absoluty lovely. We know they are always chaperoned, but to bring your entire family to wait outside in a van/car is a bit extreme. Then come in every 20mins to check up on them, even ppl they aint seen for 2 months come in and check the progress of their hair......werid but i still think they are nice ppl but have different mannerisms and underlying jealously issues between each others!

this is my first post,been reading for a while but just had to log in and post on this thread....

why do people think you should charge less for a cut and finish cos they"dont want a lot off"!!!! as though we should charge by the inch!!!
i have had a few of these clients now....HOW MUCH!!!.... But i dont want much off!!! lol

Hahaha I had a bloke say that every 4 weeks! He thought he was hilarious! You have to do that fake smile/laugh. And whenever I said "would you like a drink" he'd always be like oh yes Bacardi and coke please! X

Lol x

Another is clients who bring their own shampoo. We use pureology at the backbar. Bloody expensive and gorgeous stuff. I have one client who insists on bringing her own chemist shop crud in everyweek. It really winds me up.

It makes me laugh when i ask a client if i'm booking them in for a cut and they say no, can i just book in for a trim

When old men say " can you take some off the back and stick it on top please " lol x

Trying to blowdry rubbish quality hair extensions that are poorly fitted & grown out by about 3 inches!! Really irks me.....

Clients who don't listen to your advice:

I had a wedding trial this week and despite my original booking form advising client to not wash their hair night before trial, mother of the bride had. And, the bridesmaid had had these god awful extension.s put in. Massive glue bonds and they were really noticeable. She wanted fingerwaves, but the bonds were so huge at the front, it didn't matter how I did it, you could see them. Best of all... The hairdresser she'd had them done with told her she was to tell me I couldn't use a comb! However, it was my fault the extensions were so bad apparently!

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Clients who don't listen to your advice:

I had a wedding trial this week and despite my original booking form advising client to not wash their hair night before trial, mother of the bride had. And, the bridesmaid had had these god awful extension.s put in. Massive glue bonds and they were really noticeable. She wanted fingerwaves, but the bonds were so huge at the front, it didn't matter how I did it, you could see them. Best of all... The hairdresser she'd had them done with told her she was to tell me I couldn't use a comb! However, it was my fault the extensions were so bad apparently!

Your always take the wrap for someone else's crap, bless ya don't get down you advised her she went against it, you didn't do the extensions, not your fault not your problem my love.

Here here x

One completely eccentric old lady who was putting the world to rights and telling me how to do my job (after she was 15 mins late for her app and wanted to drink her coffee before we started) then picked up my £250 scissors (when I was drying) and proceeded to shout 'ooh these are the EXACT same as the ones I bought from boots to trim my fringe!'

The rage!

We had another elderly lady who was very prim and proper come in and she ALWAYS gets a blow-dry on a Thursday afternoon - after you've taken her back to her seat from washing she pulls out an AFRO COMB (on her very fine flyaway White hair) and combs it into the parting she likes! Tells everyone who does her hair she likes her parting 'right!' (nevermind the fact she's using an Afro comb on her hair!) she never gets it cut and wants it to look like a set after your finished yet the top is so long its impossible! Haha

Crap products and no shows.
clients who whinge that their colour fades then you find out they "ran out" of the lovely stuff they bought from you, and used something vile like pantene or treseme "just till my next appointment"
Urgh. Throw your money down the drain why dont you!

Good thread!

Crap products and no shows.
clients who whinge that their colour fades then you find out they "ran out" of the lovely stuff they bought from you, and used something vile like pantene or treseme "just till my next appointment"
Urgh. Throw your money down the drain why dont you!

Good thread!

Lol!! I was out saturday night and started chatting to some random people (as you do when the wine is flowing lol) and I happened to mention how I fancied purple next...well one girl piped up 'ooohh yeah xxl mystic violet is the best!! So I proceeded to tell her im a student hairdresser and I wouldnt put that crap on my hair.

That led to her receiving a drunken lecture on box dye and cheap shampoos lol!! I thought id gotten through, she took my number and said she would be in touch...oh shes been in touch alright.. To ask me to put her xxk black on for her grrrrr!!!

Sent from my E15i using SalonGeek

Oh my god the cheek! Ha ha!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back