When do you know your brush is drawing its pension!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachp

Reaction score
Hi

just wondered how do you guys judge when you need a new brush (other than its turned into a solid mass!) i know it depends on how much use its had but i think mine is due to retire :sad:

rachp said:
Hi

but i think mine is due to retire :sad:

i think that says it all pet lol - ive had my brushes for about 18 months now and they are both still as good as the day i bought them.

what brand of brush do you use? are they creative brushes (as thats what i use) - best money i ever spent

Peter Pan said:
i think that says it all pet lol - ive had my brushes for about 18 months now and they are both still as good as the day i bought them.

what brand of brush do you use? are they creative brushes (as thats what i use) - best money i ever spent

Yes it's worth spending a bit more money for a brush - you tend to get what you pay for.

Yea mine is a master series pro styler ive had it 12 months, but its losing hairs and seems to be hanging on to product, ive got a sculptor head which is relatively new and that seems fine, hence i thought this one needs to go to that brush place in the sky!

my brush wouldnt pick up properly i thought my ratio technique had gone to pot and i struggled with application....got a new brush and voila.....perfect...it had "given"...if you know what i mean...also a few malting hairs..i had it for well over 9 month so i am now just going to get a new brush every 6 months before it "gives" again

I'm using an ez flow grand artist oval 508 at the mo and would recommend it.

1999judy said:
thats what i use and have just bought a new one....but all brushes have a life span

i suspect that this is the problem, i think ill order a new head ive tried everything else im hoping it will solve this, it seems to have lost its "spring" if you know what i mean.

I believe that it is recommended that you change your brush every 6-7 months (that is what my Creative Educator told me)

*JOANNE* said:
thats what i use and have just bought a new one....but all brushes have a life span

I'll let you know how long it takes for this to peg it!!

1999judy said:
is there a web site hun? I find I like an ovel for sculptured nails but the one I've got is very cheep so I'm on the prowl for a good one, love my pro styler for tips thow:wink2:

Susie H said:
is there a web site hun? I find I like an ovel for sculptured nails but the one I've got is very cheep so I'm on the prowl for a good one, love my pro styler for tips thow:wink2:

www.californianails.com:)

Re brush, thank you for the web site:Love:

rjryan said:
I believe that it is recommended that you change your brush every 6-7 months (that is what my Creative Educator told me)

i was also told this lotus blossom, but my brushes are still ok, so as they say "if it aint broken, why fix it".

Peter Pan said:
i was also told this lotus blossom, but my brushes are still ok, so as they say "if it aint broken, why fix it".
Thats the nicest name I have every been called :hug: . I guess that is an average lifespan, you must look after yours very well, and fair play to you they aren't cheep x x

rjryan said:
Thats the nicest name I have every been called :hug: .

awwww bless ya

snot fair!!! you used to call me that glynis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nailsbynikki said:
snot fair!!! you used to call me that glynis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and you used to call me mum lol - lotus blossom

sorry mum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

apology in the style of a 12 year old! ( SLAM)

lol!

Ive got a star minor brush, which I love to death, Ive had it 18 months, and have always looked after it really carefully, its never been contaminated, I clean it everytime I use it in fresh monomer, and it's still in a fine point, but Its just gone a bit soft and I think it needs replacing, although I really dont want to! x

Latest posts

Back