When is it time to open a new pot of gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailquueen

Reaction score
Hi,all how much do you leave if any gel in your pot?Do you use every last bit or leave some?I leave some in the bottom,then use this to mix any giltters needed.There is nothing better when you start a new pot it flows better,making our life easyer.Or can you mix it into the new pot,i`ve never done this,done want to ruin a new pot.

I always have a small amount of gel kept by for going over glitter nails, or shell it saves contaminating my new pot. x

I open a new pot, when there is nothing left in the old one, simple as. I wouldnt keep some 'just in case' i wanted to make a glitter mix, fraid I dont have that financial luxury haha

I mix my glitter on the back side of forms or some other foils, just a few drops of gel, how much I need, and then just throw it away when finnished.

I use little paint pots for mixing gels and coloured gels, and so never leave any left over in a pot.

I buy the empty strips of pots at the dollar store, but they can also be found at craft supply stores
paint.jpg

I store the strips of pots in an opaque container (pencil box) so the that light can't cure the gel.

And because they're small, they prevent me from mixing too much, and also, if there is some left-over, I don't have to toss it and can show clients the possibilities.

So, I always finish my gel pots. And if I need to mix some, I scoop it out and put it in a little pot.:green:

I too always finish them. at least the Microbond.

a friend of mine told me if you don't use some kind of gels for a while, you better change them, but microbond survives being used twice a year LOL.

I open a new pot once the old pot is all gone...I cant be doing with having all these nearly finished pots laying about...:lol:

I have a nearly finished and new one waiting in my draw....thats it.

If i am using glitter i never mix with my gel...I apply clear gel to the nail...dab glitter on...cure...seal with clear gel...cure...done...x

I use every last little bit. I'm the same as Bagpuss in that it would drive me insane having little pots of nearly finished gel everywhere! xx

I use it all and open the new one when I need to. I have seperate gel pot and brush for glitter.

There is nothing better when you start a new pot it flows better,making our life easyer.Or can you mix it into the new pot,i`ve never done this,done want to ruin a new pot.

I agree, I hate using a nearly empty pot so I take a spatula and scrap out the last bits and add it to a new pot. Never had a problem yet although it does create a few air bubbles.

Latest posts

Back