When to do smile lines with gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karin

Reaction score
I am a L&P girl. I have been trained with Brisa gel but its been ages since i used it. Got a regular client & she has had lifting problems with L&P and now wants a gel overlay. Just cant remember at what stage you do the smile lines? Help?

After you prep the nail ,you will apply bonding gel ,cure,then apply your white builder,clean your brush and perfect your smile lines,cure,apply either pink or clear on nail bed,cure,wipe,file and shape ,dust off nails,apply finishing top coat,cure,wipe and voila,you are done

Lana

Thanks for quick response, just so i am clean are you saying after my prep i apply my primer, then my 1st coat of clear gel over whole nail bed (DO NOT use scrub fresh) but then use my white gel straight away?

Will I be able to get a perfet smile (well as good as i can!!) putting my white gel over the 1st coat of clear without wipping anything with scrub fresh?

meant to say "Just so i am CLEAR - not clean" typo - sorry.

Your first coat of clear gel should be applied very thin,almost griny looking and cure,do not wipe your nails at this point,go straight to your white application and then proceed as I posted earlier.

Excellent, thanks Lana.

I will give it a practice run tomorrow on one of my own nails before doing my client on Friday.

Funny how fast you can forget when you have not done it for a while. Was only about a year ago i did my conversion course to Brisa!

KArin I dont know if it was said there- but you CAN use a bit of scrub fresh to perfect your smile line before you cure it- just dont wipe the nail- wet your brush with the scrub fresh after you have your white gel down to refine the smile line-

If I just repeated someone, I do apologize lol! Good Luck!! ANd if you have the video that comes with the starter kits- WATCH IT! I watch it somedays just to make sure I stay on point! :)

Latest posts

Back