When to replace tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryony

British Aussie Geek
Reaction score
I have tried a search but not been successful.

I'm getting to the stage where I'm going to have a couple of rebalances to do and was just wondering...

For clients with tips (I only use to correct nail shape, otherwise I sculpt) - when/ how often do I replace the tips? I take it I have to do a full removal and start over, do you charge the same for a removal + full set or a bit less?

Have read tutoiral on rebalances and am happy with the process, but not sure at what point the tip is deemed to have grown out and needs replacing.

Thanks

I only ever replace when a rebalance will not make it look as good as a new set, but even then some clients won't pay for it so end up having nails that don't look their best, but that's their choice.

And yes, I charge for a removal(£10) and new set (£40), total £50.

If there are no problems I wouldn't start over with a new set. Eventually they will just have the equivalent of a natural nail overlay once the original tip has grown out. hth x

Aspirations said:
If there are no problems I wouldn't start over with a new set. Eventually they will just have the equivalent of a natural nail overlay once the original tip has grown out. hth x

Normally this wouldn't worry me, and would be the ideal situation to get into. But in this case, the shape of the clients natural nail needs correcting and I don't want to end up with L&P overlay being the same shape as the natural nail, would that not be the case if I just let the tip grow out?

Bryony that is correct. So when you go to do the rebalance and their natural nail has grown through to show the mishapen natural nail such as a ski slope nail, then you would put a new tip on. Trouble is I have clients who aren't bothered by their funny natural nail shapes and carry on having an overlay on them, I try to correct the shape as much as I can, but a new set would look so much better.

Latest posts

Back