Where exactly do I start website, pictures and info?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladylou

Reaction score
hi there ...
i have searched through and cant get exacly what i want so i promise im not being lazy buy asking a question ui bet has been ancwered i just want too know EXACKLY what i need too do next >??
i havnt got a website name but i know a few i was wondering what u thought on flashthatlash ... beautifull attitude... glamorousgals..foxysbeauty....i'llpamperu......?? what do u think ..so when iv chosen a name what the heck do i do then iv gone too one site godaddy.com and checked loads n all seem too be free so it makes me think the site is fake n just wants my money.. so say i manage too pay for this name then what what do i do next where do i bloody start is there a protocol ??? im soo confussed and put this off for so long it really is upsetting me i mean where do u all get ur beautifully written info from that u put in ur website's/ how do u know what too write where do u get ur inspiration from and say u have a nose through other websites what do u do do u copy inspirational sentences and then look else where then add ur own touch or is that kind of cheating ??...i just dnt want too feel like a fraud as i dnt know what on earth too write wud some one be annoid if i had the same picture as them dwnloading from the net :Scared:..im getting so bogged under withy it all i am so stressed im at college doing my level 3 beauty and trying do things the write way i qualified 9 years ago level 2 but have left it alone a while now im back n loving it i was on the look out for a tanning salon and mentioned this too my sister who has no beauty background what so ever only hair exstention ..then guess whatr all of a sudden all over fb shes got a tanning salon all dne n ready too be opened in 2 weeks !!!!!! i cud cry that was my dream and shes stolen it away from i cud cry with anger and burn with shame through jelousy how cud she do this too me she knicked my idea !!! any way sorry lost track there .. please cud sum one sway me the right way as im loosing faith ..iv been told if i give sum one 250 pound theyd set it up for me if i got all pics n info together ..thank u x:hug:

im sorry for the long post i allways seem too cujm across as bloody desperate but would really appreciate ur help as im not getting nowhere its put me on a stand still as i dnt want too do any cards or leaflets yet untill i have a website up ?xx

I don't have any advice on where to get ur website etc but I personally would stick to my own photos as 1. Why would u want someone else's work / beauty photo on YOUR website 2. You could get your self into.trouble, dame with the wording , you.don't have to be fancy just be informative, if fancy was your style you wouldnt gave trouble trying to.think.of what to say, catchy slogans , striking business names , pictures and the information a clients looking for is all you need for a successful website xx

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

i really like the name flashthatlash :) I am currently working on building my website and im really not good with that kind of thing but have got a lot of advice off here, everyone is so kind and helpful! I asked a question about building a website and I found out about buying a web domain - I have bought mine off 123reg, and now I am building my website with weebly. These are really popular choices on here so i thought they must be good! it was quick and easy to buy the domain and cost me about £8 for 2 years including vat. I agree with KaylieNails about the photos, just stick to your own- much easier and more personal to you. good luck with your website X

ok i really feel like i should stick up for my self here i was rushing when i said that about copying the pictures what i meant was u when u see a picture of a facial for eg being done but its like one from google or something like a promotinol photo not a actual photo of some bodys work!!!! omg i would never do that why wud i do that lol that be totally cheap and id never do that i feel if some one did that too me id be totally pissed !! i just meant some times on occasions iv seen the same pictures on websites on banners etc which must be off an image bank or something .. i was just trying too say if that happened wud i be in the wrong >?.. and again with the wording i was saying what do u do do u tread what iothers have written take inspiration from trhat then word it ur self !1 .. thanks for ur help any way this is why i dont ever say anything on here as i allways cum across different from what i m actually thinking .. :Scared:

Dont take pictures from google as even if you save them etc first they can be traced & the photo owners can be agressive, there is always threads on business forums about getty and the likes sending solicitors letters demanding £500 for unorthorised use.

There are plenty of pictures on stock websites for like 50p (you usually have to spend £20 minimum thou) if you want lots of choice, or the simpliest thing is to look through free website templates (like moonfruit or weebly or blogger) to get you started. Include a page of your own gallery to and you will soon build it up.

It is hard to write the blurb and a blog is a god way to write down all your thoughts and find a style, blogs are also good seo.

Deep breathe and good luck, you 'll enjoy it once you start im sure

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek

Try vistaprint! You pay a monthly subscription and its soooo easy to use.
I feel your pain regarding all this technical stuff, I really do. I struggled so much with it. I seemed to be asking a lot of questions but didn't understand the answers, so I went with vistaprint.. They even help you with the writing of your website.
Let us know how you get on and good luck! Xx

Hiya hun,

Take a step back for 5 minutes and breathe, there is actually loads of information on here, it just takes a lot of cups of coffee and reading time to go through everything. Trust me I know, I have been there, panicking, upset, stressed, but by going through this forum I am learning what I need to know to help me start up my business properly.

There is a lady on here called Ruth, i think her Avatar is Ruthinator (not 100% sure, I have spent most of January on here reading up so am getting lost with peoples names now ), she is really helpful and hopefully she will see this post and give you some of her amazing guidance. I know she does websites too.

As said before do not use photos from google, it really can get you in a load of trouble (found that bit of info on here too).

You will get there, research is a must, with knowledge you will not find it so daunting. HTH xx

Wow. Loads of questions. Will try & break it down-

1. Godaddy is a legitimate site (& they have 24 hr support helpline)
2. You can buy a domain name and then use it with another company to build your website (e.g buy from Godaddy & build through Yola) or sometimes you can build your site through the same place you've put your domain name (e.g Godaddy, Namesco etc)
3. You buy your domain name (you have an option for how many years you want it for). You also have the option of WHOIS - take it! People can check the site owners details but if you register for WHOIS people won't know ( & you avoid spam).
4. Think about what you want your website to say about you? What's your USP? What's your passion? etc You can look through others for inspiration. Maybe list some words that explain your business & start writing around them.
5. Start taking photos of your work so you can have a gallery of images
6. Contact the suppliers for your product range and ask for permission to use their logos. They'll send them to you rather than you trying to download them elsewhere.

HTH

Such a great thread! I am about to start a website and although I studied graphic design a few years ago I haven't created a website with my own domain, just rubbish free ones that you can only use their templates!
Anyone any suggestions the best place to get a domain? My mum has a catering company and hers costs £18 a year and she's not even happy with it !! Don't want that happening to me lol!x

thanks guys uv all helped me andf i think im gouing too conatact ruth thanks beansy x

I bought my site off Go Daddy and built it myself - with no previous experience, through Weebly. Weebly don't do email addresses, so Go Daddy host my emails for something like fifteen pounds a year. Go Daddy are fab - 24 hour helpline on a landline number. Weebly site was easy to do, and loads of free pics you can use. Also, contact any brands you use - they should give you pics for your site. And don't worry about your sister - just keep your ideas to yourself. yours might be even better. I wouldn't tell a soul where I was moving my premises to in case they tried to gazump me. Good luck x

Latest posts

Back