Where's everyone going away this year? Is abroad better than UK?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't mind flying, I work at an airport for Jet2.com part time aswell as my beauty & it's seriously the safest way to travel! X

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm not at all worried about the safety. My gripe is sitting there, cramped in like you're in a straight jacket. Can't move, for hours and hours on end. Some idiot kid kicking your seat, the one in front pushing theirs back, the air-conditioning, the food, the toilets, it's all absolutely horrible. I just want to scream.

I know, I've only ever done a 5 hour flight, I always sit in row 1 tho, extra leg room as my OH moans a bucket full lol.

Ok so NEW YORK is booked!!!! 🇺🇸🗽 all excited 35weeks & counting whoo x

Kos in September can't wait although not looking forward to travelling with a toddler ! I used to hate being stuck on plane with the annoying kids and now I'm the person who has the annoying child lol

I know the feeling lol. Most airlines give out free children's packs...I know we do!

We are off to Tenerife in August for a week. First time taking my kiddies abroad. And first proper holiday for me since 2004! Lol Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oooo Tenerife is lovely! We are considering going in December xxx

I'm going Mexico next month but I'm really nervous now as stupidly, I looked at the weather and it gave the option of viewing the whole of may and it said from the 15th to 30th, which is when I go, there's either showers or thunderstorms!!! 🙈🙈🙈

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Memphis & Nashville for the Country Music Festival at beginning of June.
Visiting Elvis's Gracelands will be a dream come true for me.
🎶Uh huh huh 🎤
Can't wait

Memphis & Nashville for the Country Music Festival at beginning of June.
Visiting Elvis's Gracelands will be a dream come true for me.
🎶Uh huh huh 🎤
Can't wait

Omg i would absolutely love that!!! Have an amazing time!

I'm staying in Costa Del Margate this year ;) actually we have some gorgeous beaches round here just a five minute drive or walk to some.

I actually love holidaying in this country, I went to the Isle of Wight last year where my aunt lives and it was so lovely. It's a shame we can't guarantee the weather here, because we have some real gems in the UK to visit.

I personally can't do very hot countries, I melt! My hubby is the same, which always makes me giggle because he's half Egyptian ;)

Enjoy your holidays folks xxx

I'm staying in Costa Del Margate this year ;) actually we have some gorgeous beaches round here just a five minute drive or walk to some.

We used to holiday in Cliftonville and Margate when I was a little girl. Have fond memories of Dreamland (long gone now), Joss Bay (amazing beach) and the shell grotto. Oh and the brilliant shows at the Winter Gardens. Those were the days eh?!

We moved down here from London 7 years ago, it had its good and bad points like anywhere, but Joss Bay is beautiful. We go there and Minnis Bay mostly and during the summer our Sammy does his rugby training on Joss Bay beach.

Dreamland is coming back! They are hopefully going to rebuild in the next year or so and they've been busy buying up old/retro rides from all over. It will hopefully be great :)

We moved down here from London 7 years ago, it had its good and bad points like anywhere, but Joss Bay is beautiful. We go there and Minnis Bay mostly and during the summer our Sammy does his rugby training on Joss Bay beach.

Dreamland is coming back! They are hopefully going to rebuild in the next year or so and they've been busy buying up old/retro rides from all over. It will hopefully be great :)

Sounds lovely! Let's hope Dreamland regenerates the area to the thriving seaside resort it used to be.

We used to holiday in Cliftonville and Margate when I was a little girl. Have fond memories of Dreamland (long gone now), Joss Bay (amazing beach) and the shell grotto. Oh and the brilliant shows at the Winter Gardens. Those were the days eh?!

Me too!! Fond memories indeed x

South of France and then on to lake Garda in Italy this year for me... We are Euro camping it this year with kids in tow!! Not in a tent mind you, I draw the line at that- we will be in more of a log cabin, chalet type thingy.

People may (and do) scoff but some of these chalets look bigger than my house!

Really excited!

In July we are going on a cruise round Alaska for a week then fligh to new York for 5 nights, not your average holiday so that will be us for this year :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

South of France and then on to lake Garda in Italy this year for me... We are Euro camping it this year with kids in tow!! Not in a tent mind you, I draw the line at that- we will be in more of a log cabin, chalet type thingy.

People may (and do) scoff but some of these chalets look bigger than my house!

Really excited!

we drove down to the south of France last year - fantastic, we did Siblu, similar to euro camp, would thoroughly recommend, have a fab time!

we drove down to the south of France last year - fantastic, we did Siblu, similar to euro camp, would thoroughly recommend, have a fab time!

Thanks! I love France and Italy... I love the food the most. Plus I reckon the kids will all be entertained and if they are happy- I'm happy!

I'm off to Mexico in 3 weeks can't wait ! Nervous about long flight though! Has anyone been recommended any trips or anything? :) x

Latest posts

Back