Which CND products????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauren.

Reaction score
Hi, am enrolling on a cnd conversion in l+p (passed l+p foundation in 2002) and would like to practice on family and friends prior to my course starting, I know I will get a kit on my course but I need to buy some products now so i can practice.

My questions are;

1. which tips should I buy to practice with - used velocity when training but often struggled with the blending, would performance be better?

2. the perfect powders have changed since i trained - which pink and white should i buy to start with?

3. which brush should i buy, cant remember which i used before - it was the one supplied with the kit.

4. files - am so confused with all the choice - which are the essential ones needed?

5. any other essentials I need - I have a tip cutter.

Just looked in the catologue and seen Retention+ starter pack - should I just buy this to get me started.

I know I should probably just wait for course (May) but really want to practice.

Thank you in advance

Lauren.

Patience will pay off,
wait for your course then you don't get into any bad habits, :hug:

I was far to eager to get going so as soon as my kit arrived I ripped it open and got one of my friends round. I had been having my nails done for 6 years and my nail tech made it look so easy, she used to chat away and make loads of eye contact and may nails always looked fab so I thought 'How hard can it be'. Well, I read through the instructions and 4 hours later (and a few fag breaks) my friend had a full set of pink and white lumps and bumps on her nails. The comedy value was fantastic cuz we were wetting ourselves but I did have to pay for her to go and get them soaked off!!

I will always recommend that you wait until the training which is why I was so glad when I booked my Brisa course that S2 told me that they dont send the kits out and that it will be there waiting for me on the day which is the safest place for it!!!!

Good luck with your course

xxx

Thanks for replies, I was going to dig out all my theory from l+p foundation and just practice a little, Im doing l+p conversion just to refresh.

Am also booking mani and pedi, was going to do the separate courses but lady at cnd said to do the spa day which covers both. Would i be better doing the 2 separate courses or is the spa day enough.

Thanks again.x.

Thanks for replies, I was going to dig out all my theory from l+p foundation and just practice a little, Im doing l+p conversion just to refresh.

Am also booking mani and pedi, was going to do the separate courses but lady at cnd said to do the spa day which covers both. Would i be better doing the 2 separate courses or is the spa day enough.

Thanks again.x.

Lauren do you want the full natural nail manicure/pedicure or do you just want to learn how to use all the new gorgeous CND Spa product range? This includes product and hands-on knowledge and theory and is a very pampering day? If it's the latter, the Spa Day will be perfect but if it's the full Mani/pedi... they are seperate due to the amount of theory involved!

As to practising before the conversion and what you need... things have changed since 2002. Wait until the Conversion... CatsClaws is absolutley right in what she says and things have changed for the better!:idea:

I would purchase the retention + starter kit, the brush you are issued with is the Creative Pro Styler #8, it is good to start practising with the balls + zone areas.

I find the velocity tips great to work with, but also formation etc, again that depends on the clients nail beds.

As long as you practice you L & P, beads, zones, etc, you can go wrong.

Of course it is great to wait until the course starts, but it is wonderful for you to be so eager to start to learn, and to practice.

Good on you. Hope all works out for you.

I would purchase the retention + starter kit, the brush you are issued with is the Creative Pro Styler #8, it is good to start practising with the balls + zone areas.

I find the velocity tips great to work with, but also formation etc, again that depends on the clients nail beds.

As long as you practice you L & P, beads, zones, etc, you can go wrong.

Of course it is great to wait until the course starts, but it is wonderful for you to be so eager to start to learn, and to practice.

Good on you. Hope all works out for you.

Whats the point in practising something before youve been shown the ropes?..........wait for your course then practice what your taught!....in the meantime get Doug Schoons book and read x

Patience will pay off,
wait for your course then you don't get into any bad habits, :hug:

Excellent advice. Bad habits are difficult to break!

Best of luck with your training...CND rocks! :hug:

You say you passed l&p foundation back in 2002..... and your doing this course again to refresh your self??
So you have already been taught the basics?? and would have recieved a kit first time around? so basically you have all the knowledge you need floating around.... its just getting it together and practicing?? or if you cant get it all togther just wait untill your course! as you cant buy from cnd if you have not compleated training first and then supply certificate.

What tips did you origionally train with?? if you have all ready train you can buy from cnd... so buy some basics which you were orgionally taught with and practice!

Last edited:
You say you passed l&p foundation back in 2002..... and your doing this course again to refresh your self??
So you have already been taught the basics?? and would have recieved a kit first time around? so basically you have all the knowledge you need floating around.... its just getting it together and practicing?? or if you cant get it all togther just wait untill your course! as you cant buy from cnd if you have not compleated training first and then supply certificate.

What tips did you origionally train with?? if you have all ready train you can buy from cnd... so buy some basics which you were orgionally taught with and practice!

She wants to do the conversion to refresh herself as she passed her Foundation in 02 - 7 years ago. Things have changed in 7 years so personally I think a conversion is a good way to go with all the NEW products and knowledge taught. Hope that clarifies!:!:

Latest posts

Back