Which Course for Nail Tech

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kezza1981

Reaction score
Hiya Girls,

I have started training this year and completed, Mani & pedi and nail art :) I was due to start Nail tech in September at evening college using NSI system but the price of the course has almost doubled since when I first looked in Jan, I am now unsure if i should stick with this course.

I live in Westcliff in Essex and am wondering what other companies do courses in my area and whether a four day course e.g creative would be adequate to be let loose on the general public.

Please help as i am very confused on what kind of course I need to do, and which system is best. :sad:

Thanks peeps!

Hiya

I live in Northern Ireland and I have been looking to begin a nail tech course. I have noticed that it is quite expensive in regards to doing more than one system.

How ever, I used to live in Birmingham, I know this is not on your door step, but, I know of a nail training institute, "The Nail Academy" in Birmingham, Kingsbury Road who have very competative prices and the more systems that you do the more discount you get.

I have decided to take a week out of Northern Ireland and do my training there in July. Look at their website under, nailcourseacademy.com, and they will be able to give you more information. There are some bed and breakfast places in and around the Academy and they will give you more information on this. I have their number if this would help 0121 351 5930

Take care

LadyJ

Why is it that so many make the huge mistake of choosing the cheapest courses they can get with companies and schools that have NO track record of good or even adequate training standards??
It is ludicrous.
It is stupid.
It is short term and will not serve you well at all if you want success.
Why not look at those who have the reputation for being the best?
Do you really think the best will be cheap?
Do you always buy the cheapest clothes, the cheapest cars, the cheapest food etc? Do you actually expect what you buy to be of good quality if you do? Why would it be any different where training is concerned?
True, some training establishments are just taking advantage and DO charge way over the odds for what they deliver BUT there are those who have a reputation to uphold!! LOOK for REPUTATION and there you will find excellence.
Don't just go the cheapest route ... it really is crazy.

Hiya

I live in Northern Ireland and I have been looking to begin a nail tech course. I have noticed that it is quite expensive in regards to doing more than one system.

How ever, I used to live in Birmingham, I know this is not on your door step, but, I know of a nail training institute, "The Nail Academy" in Birmingham, Kingsbury Road who have very competative prices and the more systems that you do the more discount you get.

I have decided to take a week out of Northern Ireland and do my training there in July. Look at their website under, nailcourseacademy.com, and they will be able to give you more information. There are some bed and breakfast places in and around the Academy and they will give you more information on this. I have their number if this would help 0121 351 5930

Take care

LadyJ

I've had a quick look at the website and just have a little warning for you..... Beware of courses that say you can learn an entire system in 1 day - does that really sound feasible to you? How many careers can seriously be built on one days training?

I would have a really thorough look around, take advice from this site. Talk to Creative, EzFlow, NSI, Young Nails etc and see what their courses have to offer. There are plenty of geeks who have gone down the route of saving pennies only to have to pay out all over again when they realise that cut price training doesn't teach them everything.....

hth's

Gigi, you type quicker than me!!!!

If you are happy with NSI product then go with that, unfortunately with the advent of ebay and nss salons alot of training schools are feeling the pinch and having to up their prices just to stay afloat..go with what you believe in and not just with your purse.

I would go with someone well known like EZ Flow or Creative as both these companies have excellent products, excellent aftersales care and on going training indefinitely.

I travel over an hour to go to my trainer in Enfield as i really like her and love the products and have had great results over the last three years. I am EZ Flow trained myself, but know that Creative also have a very high standard of training etc.

Don't go for cheap, it will only be you as a tech who will pay the price, in money terms and reputation for using cheap products and not being good at what you do.

Hiya

Take care

LadyJ

Please please don't go here. If you want further details please pm me. But all I can say is steer clear!

Latest posts

Back