Which extensions are less harmful?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brunette87

Reaction score
Which hair extensions are the least harmful to my hair?

I have had glue in before and whilst i got on fine with them, i lost a lot of hair when they were taken out (more down to the "hairdresser" pouring a bottle of acetone in my hair and ripping them out for 3 hrs!!) Anyway...

I have been looking at micro ring/bead extensions but a hairdresser friend has told me these arent good as they kink ur hair where the bead it - however i am not sure if she is a bit biased as she does the glue in's!

Any help/advice would be great, thanks :)

after being in the industry over ten years and trried different techniques and materials we have choosen to work with monofibre hair extensions,they are hair friendly as we don`t use any glues or strong chemicals when attaching them or removing then...
you can have a look to our web site it`s very well expleined and can see some pictures of our work,all the best!— Parabolika

Which hair extensions are the least harmful to my hair?

I have had glue in before and whilst i got on fine with them, i lost a lot of hair when they were taken out (more down to the "hairdresser" pouring a bottle of acetone in my hair and ripping them out for 3 hrs!!) Anyway...

I have been looking at micro ring/bead extensions but a hairdresser friend has told me these arent good as they kink ur hair where the bead it - however i am not sure if she is a bit biased as she does the glue in's!

Any help/advice would be great, thanks :)
Hi there,
I do both systems and cant decide which I prefer to be honest with you.
If your having the micro bead, you must first have a few placed inat least 3 days prior to your extension day
, just to make sure you arnt allergic to the metal/copper beads as this can cause awful problems for you.
I like the bead technique as they are re-usable later on. Your hair extensionist should not have tugged, pullled or dragged any of the last extensions away- really bad practice!!
acetone/solvent is a little drying but with a good conditioning treatment afterwards, all should be quite quickly recovered! similar to a nail plate which has been well looked after.
In fairness, the average head of hair looses at least 100 hairs per day...when your extensions have been worn for 3 months, its still inside the bonded extension but obviously not joined to the hair shaft as a new one grows back in the fallen ones place. its due to that, that people often think they lost shed loads of hair!

oh< i forgot to mention.. LOL.... have a look at the protac tape extensions or rapture hair extensions, I think theyre really lovely and very natural! lasts pto 3 months too and they are much easier to look after!!:!:

after being in the industry over ten years and trried different techniques and materials we have choosen to work with monofibre hair extensions,they are hair friendly as we don`t use any glues or strong chemicals when attaching them or removing then...
you can have a look to our web site it`s very well expleined and can see some pictures of our work,all the best!&mdash; Parabolika

Your website has some very false statements about human hair extensions

its a heck of a claim unless its woven in or pleated so have had a read of your website and read.. it is applied with "very mild heat"? what heats up exactly?? the monofiber (nylon/manmade polymer)hair melting around the hair shaft or a bonding agent of some kind? either way there is some form of chemicle bonding itself to the natural hair and how is it removed if heat is the bonding source?

i dont really understand the monofibre thing being more natural what can be more natural the human hair extensions lol i dont understand what that would be like or the concept

am i stupid lol

its a heck of a claim unless its woven in or pleated so have had a read of your website and read.. it is applied with "very mild heat"? what heats up exactly?? the monofiber (nylon/manmade polymer)hair melting around the hair shaft or a bonding agent of some kind? either way there is some form of chemicle bonding itself to the natural hair and how is it removed if heat is the bonding source?

I expect it is the same method I started using 10 years ago... it's a small braid using both natural hair and fibre which is then wrapped with just fibre and heat sealed. This melts the fibre and as it only melts to itself and not the natural hair it creates a sort of clamp/grip around the braid. To remove the seal is twisted and broken then removed... no chemicals needed. I first trained in this method to be able to offer to clients who (like me) are very sensitive to glues and chemicals but things have come a long way in 10 years that it is no longer really an issue as most products and methods used if fitted correctly are safe for everyone.

There is a place for us all and our different methods without the need to slate another. Hence why I want to offer them ALL.... or maybe I'm just addicted to hair extensions!! :wink2: x

I came out of the pool and had a matt the size of a melon! Didn't think I would get it out!

I was told I was having human hair extensions by a salon, turned out to be Pro styles.
Lasted a month then went back to Great Lengths... costly mistake :cry:

Latest posts

Back