Which hair extensions are best??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*sarah*

Pmu Geek
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have a client (nails) that was telling me she had had hair extensions in but they had annoyed her so much had in her own words stupidly taken them out herself. Apparently they had had quite alot of glue on the bonds (but had been told it was wax???) and could not brush her hair properly. Anyhoo she is getting married in june and would like to have long hair, was just wondering if there are a certain type of extensions that have minimal bonding (not correct wording hope you know what I mean lol) and would feel more natural? She has quite short hair, tied back luck if she has an inch long stump lol
She is a lovely lady and said I would see if I could find out some info for her, would appreciate any advice thanks xx

Hi guys,
I have a client (nails) that was telling me she had had hair extensions in but they had annoyed her so much had in her own words stupidly taken them out herself. Apparently they had had quite alot of glue on the bonds (but had been told it was wax???) and could not brush her hair properly. Anyhoo she is getting married in june and would like to have long hair, was just wondering if there are a certain type of extensions that have minimal bonding (not correct wording hope you know what I mean lol) and would feel more natural? She has quite short hair, tied back luck if she has an inch long stump lol
She is a lovely lady and said I would see if I could find out some info for her, would appreciate any advice thanks xx

you might want her to look into a micro ring method. these mthods are helping the market recover. i do advice to have them done by a micro ring trained professional that knows post installation servicing . i would say to google nano ring hair extensions and you might find that there are very small ring methods out there. make sure you compare them.

you might want her to look into a micro ring method. these mthods are helping the market recover. .

Hi luscious lox, bit confused , just wondering what is the market recovering from ? thanks in advance minky :confused:

Hi luscious lox, bit confused , just wondering what is the market recovering from ? thanks in advance minky :confused:
well im not sure about your demographics but over here we have have had some pretty big changes in the recent years.
10 years ago here in Australia it was safe to say the the market was mostly glue. which in fact was also flooded with great quality hair as well I MUST SAY.
We at this point we also saw these companies take shape and lead the way. Within the last 5-6 years we saw many hairdressers take on extensions with or without training and hair supply companies pop up with pretty average quality products and the market decline in quality of hair .
This has made a very big impact here and has made hair extension uncertain grounds for some consumers (sad).For example you can now by hair from eBay and do them on your friend. this is OK for some but a pity for us professionals.
The ring method which i personally love because you can attach them and remove them every so often to avoid stress alophecia unlike the glue once (again personal experience market research with this comment) hence my statement market recovering. In Aussie land the ring method is now at 75% of the market in various forms and education.The latest ring methods now allows the hair to be reused. i belive you have a company there called advanced hair. They do a reusable system that allows post hair extension maintenance.
so Sarah my advice is to get you client to remove her hair if the causing discomfort and seek professionals that do these all the time.I hope your client finds a way to resolve her issue and it pays to do your research before she spend so much money
check out advanced hair. its a good system here not sure how there doing over there. Worth the investigation

Thanks for the replies folks :) so does anyone in scotland do these extensions geeks??? xx

I am having hair extensions fitted on Friday :eek: I had my consultation this Friday by a lovely girl who is mobile and works at Toni & Guy doing them. She is trained in all 6 methods, having been doing it for 10 years but she advises the micro ring method and put one in for me to feel what they are like and they seem very comfortable and can be taken out very easily with no damage to the hair. I am having a full head of 12" hair in 2 tones of dark brown and some burgundy. I am very excited but also nervous - it is costing £561 as I am having the best quality Remy Italian hair not the Indian hair which she also uses as it is meant to last longer, is finer and silkier and you can have it re-fitted. I have already bought the Balmain brush, shampoo and conditioner from Sallys as it works out much cheaper and she seems such a lovely girl saying she will stay until I am happy and she can move, adjust etc to my comfort and will blend and cut to my style. I cannot wait and know it will take some getting used to but hopeI can adjust as my hair is so fine and just doesn't grow fast enough and being 50+ and not too well of late, it might just make me feel a bit more human :)

I am having hair extensions fitted on Friday :eek: I had my consultation this Friday by a lovely girl who is mobile and works at Toni & Guy doing them. She is trained in all 6 methods, having been doing it for 10 years but she advises the micro ring method and put one in for me to feel what they are like and they seem very comfortable and can be taken out very easily with no damage to the hair. I am having a full head of 12" hair in 2 tones of dark brown and some burgundy. I am very excited but also nervous - it is costing £561 as I am having the best quality Remy Italian hair not the Indian hair which she also uses as it is meant to last longer, is finer and silkier and you can have it re-fitted. I have already bought the Balmain brush, shampoo and conditioner from Sallys as it works out much cheaper and she seems such a lovely girl saying she will stay until I am happy and she can move, adjust etc to my comfort and will blend and cut to my style. I cannot wait and know it will take some getting used to but hopeI can adjust as my hair is so fine and just doesn't grow fast enough and being 50+ and not too well of late, it might just make me feel a bit more human :)

Sounds really lovely and so exciting , but do make sure some of her previous extensions clients are happy bunnies first ?
it seems a fair price for the hair and all the work you describe ,
and as long as has she been through all the contraindications and after care sheets with you ?

but ask her how many installs you can get from this hair ? usually good hair like this provides you with at least three ,
unless you cut into it a lot hth :hug: x minky

Had them done yesterday and it felt odd at first but it feels fine now, just got to get used to doing my hair a different way. I prefer it curled and with some height so put some up on top and am very pleased with them. I had some red put in at the sides too and it took just over 4 hours :)

Had them done yesterday and it felt odd at first but it feels fine now, just got to get used to doing my hair a different way. I prefer it curled and with some height so put some up on top and am very pleased with them. I had some red put in at the sides too and it took just over 4 hours :)

Sound lovely , I like the idea or red pieces , :)
thanks for letting us know how you got on , perhaps you can keep us updated :hug:
Ps.... any Pics ?

My profile pic was taken yesterday, I had a layered inverted bob before which was chin length at the front but quite short at the back and I am really pleased how it has blended.:) I put some of it up on top and the sides as I prefer the height on top! The lady that did it took pics before, during and after and is going to email them to me so I will post them.

My profile pic was taken yesterday, I had a layered inverted bob before which was chin length at the front but quite short at the back and I am really pleased how it has blended.:) I put some of it up on top and the sides as I prefer the height on top! The lady that did it took pics before, during and after and is going to email them to me so I will post them.

Hey thanks , that would be fab, I am sure loads of us on here would love to take a peek :hug: x minky

Latest posts

Back