Which lamp for Gelish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nats5125

Reaction score
Hello
I've just booked onto a manicure and gelish course at nail harmony and wondered which lamps you use for your clients?

I will be mobile and am looking to keep my start up costs low so don't really want to consider a nail harmony lamp at the moment, but am happy to in the future once I've established myself and have made some money.

Thanks guys x

I'd get the CND UV lamp. That way you have the option of also offering Shellac in future (which can only be cured with the CND lamp) or any other gel polish as the CND lamp cures them all (at least I think it does. It definitely cures Gelish).

I use my CND lamp for Gelish, Shellac and Gelcolor. I also have the OPI LED lamp that works with Gelish and Gelcolor too. I think CND will becoming it with an LED lamp later this year also. I personally like the LED lamp because it cures in 30 seconds, bulbs never need to be changed and you well get 50,000 hours from it. It's all just your preference but if you want to only buy 1 lamp then go with the CND UV lamp.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

Thank you. Any suggestions where you can buy this if you don't train with cnd?

Thank you. Any suggestions where you can buy this if you don't train with cnd?

You can purchase all CND products from Sweet Squared 0845 210 6060...

And to all op's we do appreciate the advice on purchasing the CND UV lamp... It seems to make total sense if you use both CND Shellac and Harmony and if it does cure Gelish also; my advice however, still would have been... Use the correct systems... Gelish lamp, for the Gelish product.

I know at the CND Academies, we wouldn't allow another companies product to be used during a CND training... If I were Harmony, I wouldn't want someone arriving with a CND lamp to cure a Gelish product.. Just my humble opinion and I am sure MonkeysTails (Georgie) would agree.

Good Luck.

I am sure I read a post on here to say that CND will never bring out an LED lamp, I believe the post was written by geeg.

The five finger lamp is ace though and I too cure Gelish with it. Harmony actually stated on the course I did with them that their system was not lamp specific and that it cures with any 36w uv lamp x

Thanks everyone
I don't need a lamp for the course, they provide one, I'm just looking at what to get once I've had my training

Hello
Am booked onto my gelish course soon and am looking into which lamp to get.
The girl that does my nails uses this lamp and I was thinking of getting this to begin with. http://www.directbeautysupplies.co.uk/the-little-pink-led-lamp---2673_prod.html

I have posted about lamps before and most of you suggested the cnd lamp which I'm happy to consider but this one is small, reasonable and effective, in my experience of being a client.
Thanks x

Last edited by a moderator:
I have this little lamp which I bought from Olympia from graftons, I use it for nail art on Gellux when doing individual or 2 fingers and when doing my gellux art pops, but when I'm doing clients nails I actually use my CND lamp as 5 finger cure, personally for the extra cost I'd go for a bigger lamp as this is tiny. It only cures 4 fingers thumb separately and your more likely to get smudges by clients knocking nails. I have the CND lamp as do shellac more than gellux and you can ony use the CND lamp for it.

Latest posts

Back