Which lamp is best the opi axxium or the ibd jet elite

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misse82

Reaction score
I am having trouble deciding what lamp to buy out of the OPI Axxium light or the IBD Jet elite. I use IBD builder gel and sealer yet use OPI gels for the colour in between at the salon where i am being trained and am just confused as to which lamp would be better buy myself at home.

I am thinking that the elite will be better as this has four 9 watt bulbs compared to the Axxiums two 9 watt bulbs yet the Jet Eliet is over £100 more and i think the price is what's confusing me. Surely the higher priced lamp must be the most efficient?

Any help would be much appreciated as i really want to get started practicing at home.

I would advise against mixing the 2 systems, as far as I am aware OPI Axxium is a soft soak off gel designed for NNO's only. Sandwiching between gels from another company may lead to service breakdown.

Regarding lamp advice I would stick to the one recommended by the manufacturer as it is the one deigned to give you optimum results from your service.

I have the opi one and i use opi axxium soak off gel encased inside harmony gel and never had a problem created loads of lovely designs with them. Harmony advise that aslong as the lamp is 36 watt then their product will be cured so maybe check with the company you are using Hth x

Thanks guys, but now i'm even more confused!!

From reading the article that you kindly sent Noodle it states that the wattage of the lamp does not matter it is the uv output that cures differently. Does this mean that each companies bulbs have a different uv out put or is this altered with the amount of bulbs in the lamp? And is there such thing as overcuring?

Sorry to be a pain but need to make sure i'm investing my money correctly!

Use the lamp designed to work with the gel system, I use ibd gel & use the jett 5000 lamp but if I were to change gels I would need the lamp for that system, the jett 5000 uses 2 x 8watt bulbs & it has reflectors that makes it work to fully cure ibd gels

Latest posts

Back