Which Nail Wipes ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noodle

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend good quality nail wipes please, so that I know where to head for when I get to ExCel ?

I have tried all sorts that are supposedly lint free, fluff free etc., but sometimes find that they are not and as you know, this can cause no end of problems when it comes to preparation before varnish, not to mention wiping over the sticky surface of gel applications after curing :cry:.

Must admit i prefer the star nails ones but thats jsut me
x

Hi

i like a combination, OK for taking off stubborn nail polish i use a designernails mesh type wipe wrapped around a millennium lint free wipe.

For swiping with scrub fresh i use the plastic backed hands down pads (these leave tiny string like fibres behind though so i don't like them for gel!)

For gel i use the millennium lint free pads.

If they could invent a plastic backed lint free pad it would be fab but i haven't found a good all round pad yet so if anyone else has let us all know!

Pronails do a lovely nail wipe - they come in rolls of 500

I have been using the star nails wipes for years but I ran out this week so I asked the local beauticians if I could borrow some of theirs. I'm not sure if they're lint free or not - whats the difference? They come on a huge roll thats 2 squares wide and I'd like to know where to get them from. The star nails ones are great but when I try to take one out I either get two or they seperate - its the nails!!
I cant really descibe them but I would say they're more of a wiping pad and you can really scrub them into the cuticle.

Sorry if I dont make sense but its been a long day and the beds are going 90!

Little Angel said:
Hi

i like a combination, OK for taking off stubborn nail polish i use a designernails mesh type wipe wrapped around a millennium lint free wipe.

For swiping with scrub fresh i use the plastic backed hands down pads (these leave tiny string like fibres behind though so i don't like them for gel!)

For gel i use the millennium lint free pads.

If they could invent a plastic backed lint free pad it would be fab but i haven't found a good all round pad yet so if anyone else has let us all know!

'Nail Tech's Choice' is the name of the lint free gauze pads from Designer Nails. I use them for everything from ScrubFresh to the sticky gel layer to polish removal. They are brillliant!

RedAdmiral said:
I have been using the star nails wipes for years but I ran out this week so I asked the local beauticians if I could borrow some of theirs. I'm not sure if they're lint free or not - whats the difference? They come on a huge roll thats 2 squares wide and I'd like to know where to get them from. The star nails ones are great but when I try to take one out I either get two or they seperate - its the nails!!
I cant really descibe them but I would say they're more of a wiping pad and you can really scrub them into the cuticle.

Sorry if I dont make sense but its been a long day and the beds are going 90!

These are like the ones I use which I get from Pronails - about £8 for 2 rolls of 500. Try and get them from Excel, if you are going next week. They have got a stall.

I think the Pronails ones and the ones you're talking about Vanessa are the same as the ones I've got from Nail Solutions. Good and tough, although they do break up a bit if you try to over-use them! Nail Solutions call it 'prep roll'.
HTH!

NSI do nice ones and they last really well, lint free, no fluff!!!

HTH
xxx

Thank you to everyone who has responded so positively to this thread :hug:

I will now make it my mission to get some of the nail wipes that have been suggested.

Roll on ExCel ..... my shopping list is getting longer and longer :wink2:

Hi Karen

This is not directly linked to your question but I hope you don't mind me asking. Please can you (or someone else) clarify for me - do people go with shopping lists to the trade shows because you can get things cheaper at the shows, some companies will be doing special offers so it's worth going to see, you get to buy stuff from companies you normally can't get hold of or is it a combination of these?

I'm not going to Excel but I am going to Nails, beauty and tanning at Olympia in March - this will be my first show and I would like to make the most of it. Also, after reading various show threads on this site, I am wary of buying supplies during the next few months if I could wait until the show to get something cheaper?

Hope this makes sense?

you dont necessarily get things cheaper but there are special offers on some products plus you get a first peek at product launches, plus you can get hold of things that you dont see in the product catalogues
the reason i take a shopping list is so i dont get carried away because believe me you can, and you dont pay postage which can save you a couple of quid,
the reason to go is you see all the demo,s of products you fancy, the buzz, and yes you can pick up a bargain.
if i was you wait till olympia you wont save pounds and pounds but what a day you will have

joannerowsell said:
you dont necessarily get things cheaper but there are special offers on some products plus you get a first peek at product launches, plus you can get hold of things that you dont see in the product catalogues
the reason i take a shopping list is so i dont get carried away because believe me you can, and you dont pay postage which can save you a couple of quid,
the reason to go is you see all the demo,s of products you fancy, the buzz, and yes you can pick up a bargain.
if i was you wait till olympia you wont save pounds and pounds but what a day you will have

Thanks Joanne.

I'm so excited about going!

I like Non-Woven Swabs made for medical purposes. I used this kind of wipe while training and afterwads i tried some other diferent types Celulose wipes from Young Nails (they also come in rolls of 500, 2 wpes wide, but they desintegrate if you scrub them) and from Nail Plus Beauty (better then teh last ones but are too thin and don't absorve much liquid, not so good for nal polish remover) but the Non-Woven Swabs are my favourite. I found them at a medical material supplier from Portugal at the internet, Bastos Viegas, and they are really cheap too, just 0,54€ (about 0,37£) for 100. If you would like to test these i'm sure you'll find similar ones at your local chemist.

Cheers for the advice I'm getting sooooo excited waiting for the show!!! I dont usually buy anything before a show (within reason) but I am really liking these new wipes.

Hope you all enjoy Excel

Latest posts

Back