Which oil free eye make remover do you advise clients to use after eyelashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nenee

Reaction score
Hi there

Which products do you advise clients to use to remove eyeshadow etc after eyelash extensions?

Iv seen simple advertise oil free eye make up remover but should I be recommending a salon product? My clients want cheap options :-( plus I find they think I'm trying to sell things to make money if I recommend salon brands so frustrating.

Nenee

I recommend Simple Oil Free eye make up remover. I don't think the branded ones are any better but are about 4 times the price.

Clients appreciate me trying to save them money and they know they can trust my recommendations.

Eve Taylor make an oil free eye make up remover and its not very expensive for a fair sized quality product.Check out the website and have a look. If you have suitable qualifications you can open an account, buy it trade then sell it retail to clients..
I think clents know you're going to make some sort of profit on it, but hey, when they go to a supermarket or Boots do they think they dont???? Or is that more acceptable profit making?
You will give them a professional product recommendation that they dont have to go trolling round the shops for..but hey, if thats what they prefer to do...

I recommend Simple too, I list a few on my aftercare sheet from Neutrogena to Laura Mercier so clients have an idea of what they can use and which end of the price band they want to go to! I do offer to supply a salon branded one but as I ve found with the lash mascara clients come back and say "oh I ve found it cheaper in the Internet "! .

I recommend Simple too, I list a few on my aftercare sheet from Neutrogena to Laura Mercier so clients have an idea of what they can use and which end of the price band they want to go to! I do offer to supply a salon branded one but as I ve found with the lash mascara clients come back and say "oh I ve found it cheaper in the Internet "! .

Thanks everyone for your replies :)

Could you give me a list of the ones you recommend to your clients so I can do the same. I looked at neutropenia but couldn't see oil free on it. Is there one that says oil free? To be honest the only one I found find in the local shops was boots :-(

Nenee

Thai also do a lovely oil free remover :) xxx

I recommend simple x

Would u give a small bottle of simple eye make up remover to the client at their first visit to make sure they only use that and so my hard work is not ruined. Because I do no of clients who don't listen and use what ever they have thinking it will be ok and then might blame my technique. So I'm covering my work..

I feel clients are paying a good amount of money and I don't want them disappointed by not adhering to my instructions

Question; I tried simple and it stings my eyes (I'm very sensitive ;(. ) what alternative shop bought remover can I recommend? Do any of you allow baby sensitive wipes as a quick fix if they are in a rush say?

Question ;-). If I have a client who wears contacts but occasionally wears glasses is there a length of lash I should go past because it will catch on get lenses? I used a size 13 on a friend how can I tell which length will You not go past ie size 12 kength, before iv applied them?

Thanks everyone

Latest posts

Back