Which polish to purchase?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daisyvic

Reaction score
I'm new in the business and want to purchase a line of polish that will be great for manicures, but also good for acrylic nails. If you have any advise please let me know....

it's a case of trying them hun, and seeing what you prefer.

I use Creative polishes along with their base coats and top coats. They have great colours, great brush - I have also used OPI but now only stock Creative. HTH

Hi

I use OPI lacquers and love them! They have a pro-wide brush which is really good for quick application.

The only problem I have is when using whites for french polish. The pro-wide brush is as it states too wide. After a bit of practise it is fine, but personally the best brush is on Spa Ritual White as its really thin.

hth

Becki xxx

I've started building up my nail polish collection for ready when im qualifed and i started out buying a few different ranges of nail polish from the cheaper 'sinful' range and 'Attitude range' and although they were good and reasonably priced and easy to get hold of, i still wasn't 100% sure about them so i carried on looking and thought i'd try OPI nail polishes and although there pricey, i wouldn't use anything else now! I love them, there is SO many colours and I have quite a few already and the 'pro-wide' brush is really good so i'd personally recommend OPI polishes. My mum uses creative polishes and she loves them too, although i haven't tried them personally.

Lau x

Not to hijack this thread but you do raise an interesting point about the price point of different enamels.

The CND price point for their enamels is perfect for salons to make a good return on their investment in the brand. CND keep the price of enamel low so that their professionals can do just that. The price is no reflection on the quality of the enamel, which is the highest ... here's what you get.

• A professional quality Polish.
  • A beautiful quality professional brush that fans out to fit the eponychium perfectly.
  • A huge range of colours and 6 seasonal new colours 3 times per year to work with the fashion trends.
  • The best coverage with intense pigments.
  • Smooth application ... no streaking.
  • CND enamels never need to be thinned and do not go thick with normal salon use.
  • Full range of treatments for all nail types.
  • An easy to hold bottle.
  • An enamel made to make life easy for the professional at a realistic price to make retailing easy.

My clients love OPI. They think it stays on better than any other professional line. I like Creative and Essie. But OPI in the shop in the popular brand.

i am a fan of china glaze and opi

gigi has said it all...........
it's creative all the way for me.
i HATE having to thin out polishes,they are never the same afterwards, creative enamel are(science bit!:)) "thixatrophic",which means they never get gloopy(technical name! :wink2: ).saving you so much time and money,and your clients will never have to throw away a half-full bottle again!!!

I luuuuuurve CND enamels! I get great results with them, which is such a relief after working with crappy sticky gooey varnishes that my old salon used to have! bleagh!

as said before I use OPI and I have not found that they go thick and gloopy, so I dont think its just a creative thing, my opinon obviously.

Becki xxx

I use cetuem from essential nails, click on link below and opi, both have a lovely range of colours and last well on extensions and natural nails.

okay, I recently found out the reason behind the thick, gloopy OPI polishes. I wanted to know why some of the polishes got horribly thick and others were good till the last drop. I had an OPI rep tell me it was due to the tilting of the bottle when applying the polish. Don't tilt the bottle, and no thickness. Which made sense because the one color that always got thick was my white. Yes, I tilted that polish. A LOT. Please, however, don't ask me why or how this is prevented. She told me, but the technical stuff goes in one ear and out the other.

I cant fault the Jessica range,my sister gave me aload last year that shes had for about three years and they are all still fine.x:)

okay, I recently found out the reason behind the thick, gloopy OPI polishes. I wanted to know why some of the polishes got horribly thick and others were good till the last drop. I had an OPI rep tell me it was due to the tilting of the bottle when applying the polish. Don't tilt the bottle, and no thickness. Which made sense because the one color that always got thick was my white. Yes, I tilted that polish. A LOT. Please, however, don't ask me why or how this is prevented. She told me, but the technical stuff goes in one ear and out the other.

Eh hem ... sorry to disagree but that is no explanation that carries any credibility or factual basis. I think the rep was spinning a line there. :)

All white polishes go thick because of the amount of Titanium in the polish (the ingredient that makes it white). It is like chalk and does not have the lasting quality of other polishes. That is the nature of all white polishes and some contain more Titanium than others.

Now things may have changed but I used OPI polish in my salons for 7 years and the reason I changed to CND was because I was always having to thin them with OPI thinners and of course they were never the same. Once you start that thinning thing it alters the consistency of the polish forever.

CND do not even sell thinners ... which I think says it all. If CND white happens to thicken during its life span in your salon then just add a few drops of Stickey base coat and it will 'loosen' the polish without changing it. Just a few drops mind you !! :lol:

All white polishes go thick because of the amount of Titanium in the polish (the ingredient that makes it white). It is like chalk and does not have the lasting quality of other polishes. That is the nature of all white polishes and some contain more Titanium than others.
Now you learn something new every day! I did not know that!

Good to know though, as a white of mine went thick, I havent binned it, so I will try a few drops of Stickey!
Thanks Geeg!
xxxxxxxxxx:hug:

i love the orly range
i have used cnd which are also good but i just love the orly miniatures they are v cute and do sell well
Grafton International Ltd - Orly Manicure Miniatures

hth

Jess
xox

Me 2 I love Orly polishes and with the minis you can get more colours for your money x x x
I am going to get the mini collection in soon and intend to put a manicure onto the price list that includes a mini polish to take home. They can then touch up or do toes etc and at a low cost to me :wink2: x x x

I love the range of colours from cnd

But find OPI stay on better :)

If geeg reads this could she answer why even tho o use cnd top and base coat the polish stays on extentions but no the naturel nail?

Me 2 I love Orly polishes and with the minis you can get more colours for your money x x x
I am going to get the mini collection in soon and intend to put a manicure onto the price list that includes a mini polish to take home. They can then touch up or do toes etc and at a low cost to me :wink2: x x x

i was thinking abt doing that too... maybe add on an extra £4 on my mani price for the mini polish and if they want to buy extra colours it would be the normal rrp of £4.50 per bottle

Jess
xox

Latest posts

Back