Which Shampoo? Hair extensions trouble!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UKRed

Reaction score
Hiya.
I am a nail tech so know nothing about hair... so I need the experts advice!!

I have had 2 lots of hair extensions put in since April. I need advice on how to look after them as I haven’t been told anything really.

The first lot I had in were a make called ‘Kalon’ (Kalon Extensions - I didn't buy from this site though) they lasted about 4 weeks, every time I washed my hair and 8 out of 10 times of brushing it I would lose at least 1 extension each time... then around the end of the 3rd week they kept matting and knotting (the ponytail would just go into a big fuzzy ball – eww!) - I used to have to brush it a lot as well because it never looked ‘brushed’

The second lot... which I have in currently (they were put in around June 10th)... are ‘universal’ (UNIVERSAL EUROPEAN EXTENSIONS - my hairdresser told me to buy these ones) and they were fabulous to begin with, very silky and smooth and only had to brush it like once a day, it never looked unbrushed. Now it’s got to the point where its like the kalon ones all fuzzy and wavy all the time and looks untidy (but I am not loosing as many extensions!)

In the 3 months of having extensions I have used... Sun Silk, Fructis, Fructis Frizz Fighter, Timotei, John Frieda Frizz Ease and Johnsons Baby Shampoo and Conditioners... Nothing seems to work!!

I also use a heat protector spray when i straighten my hair.

What am I doing wrong? Or is it just time to get new extensions?

Help!!!! xx

The brands that you are using 'Kolon and 'Universal' both have a silicone spray on them and as soon as its washed off the hair will begin to look untidy and will need to be brushed regular and may even matt and tangle, the only way you will get that back is by using a silicone based product. You can buy silicone based sprays but you need to be careful if your going to be using heat near them. My advice would be to use a better brand of hair, most of the cheaper brands of hair have a silicone lining on them and once its washed off you will get the hair looking matted and tangled, this happens within weeks sometimes days.

If you google silicone spray for hair extensions you can purchase offline. But please make sure you put for hair extensions as otherwise you will end up with something else.

There is another spray that you could possibly use but please pm me for this information.

Which hair extensions would you recommend? (I was going to get Remi Goddess but my hairdresser told me to get Universal instead)

Thanks ladies.

I have taken my hair out now, and debating on getting new or just getting some colour put in my now short dull boring hair :lol:

If I get extensions again I will definately get some better brand ones, thanks for the help xxx

Latest posts

Back