Which Shellac have you layered to make new colours ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catsaremad

Reaction score
I have just read an interesting article on shellac V Gelish and I was very interested to see that Natural Nails had layered fedora and Negligee to make a purple.

I layered Rosebud with Negligee the other night and that is a very pleasing simmering pink which has know been adorned with some glitter courtesy of fingernail fixers glitter fade tutorial.....

So which colours have you layered to give a new colour and has anyone any idea what I can do with tropix, its way to orange for me and would love it to be more corally !!!!

Fedora topped with red baroness is gorgeous, courtesy of Valencian nails, I think? It reminds me of a rich claret colour. :)

Tropix over Wildfire is very nice. I'm currently wearing Negligée over two coats of Fedora. It is absolutely gorgeous. I've only got to get Romantique and Iced Cappuccino. Once I've got them all (and a spare few hours) I'm going to have a play with some more combos.

Fedora with red bareness makes the color just like "spike" from the classic polish range , fingernailfixer showed us this at the event :)

I like fedora with tutti fruti over it
ore wild fire with red bareness yes it looks almost the same but it's got a glow to it :)

Tutti fruity over creme puff makes a hotter hot pink by taking the purple tinge away!

Fedora + Red Baroness has been soooo popular in my salon, the clients can't believe they can get a 'Spike' lookalike that doesn't smudge :)

Another fav combo of mine is Tropix + Hot Chillies. You get the hot coral-ness of the Tropix but with a lovely little bit of frosting from the Hot Chillies, this makes it more wearable, less orange and more flattering to older skin.

Tutti Frutti + Strawberry Smoothie makes a beautiful rosy pink metallic. Strawberry Smoothy alone can be a little cool and silvery for some clients, the glow of Tutti Frutti through it gives it a gorgeous feminine warmth.

I have a few clients who want a dark red (not bright like Wildfire), but who don't prefer the metallic finish of Red Baroness. For these clients Red Baroness + Wildfire works beautifuly. They get the depth of Red Baroness with the Creme finish of Wildfire.

Rosebud + Romantique has been a popular choice for some of my 'ultra fem' clients. This combination is more luminous and reflective than either of these colours alone. It's uber girlie though. :)

Negligee over any of the Shellac colours gives you and alternative twist, like adding the Effect 'Violet Shimmer'. For the clients who have had every colour several times, layering Negligee is a good way to double your colour options.

I'm loving all this customisation <3 Keep your combos coming ladies! :D

If you check in the Shellac Social group there are loads of pictures of different colours with different layering colours.

Holly, I know has done loads.

I did Rosebud with Iced Cappacino on the top and it was lovely.

IF I had Tutti Frutti, I was thinking of layering that over Tropix. In my mind, I think it would make a color similar to China Glaze's Light My Tikki. I love that color for toes. It's a coral with a pinkish-blue tint. Hard to explain but a FAB color!

C'mon Tutti Frutti...I patiently await your arrival! :)

IF I had Tutti Frutti, I was thinking of layering that over Tropix. In my mind, I think it would make a color similar to China Glaze's Light My Tikki. I love that color for toes. It's a coral with a pinkish-blue tint. Hard to explain but a FAB color!

C'mon Tutti Frutti...I patiently await your arrival! :)

It's in stock on the S2 website.

Ok just have to ask, do you use two layers of a colour then top it with another??? or one layer of both... :hug:

It depends on the colour combination. When I do Wildfire/Tropix I do 1 coat of each. Fedora/Negligée I do 2 x Fedora & 1 x Negligée.

Be interesting to see what everyone else does.

wow guys this is brillaint, many thanks for all your replys xx

CND Shellac Combos

Please note: Make sure to properly prep the nails with a manicure using Cuticle Away and Scrubfresh. Shellac Base Coat cures for 10 secs. 1st Shellac Color Coat cures for 2 minutes, 2nd Shellac Color Coat cures for 2 minutes and Shellac Top Coat cures for 2 mins. Remove sticky residue with 99% isopropyl alcohol. Always use a CND UV or Brisa Lamp for perfect results!

First Color Coat + Second Color Coat

Romantique + Negligee
Rosebud + Negligee
Wildfire + Hot Chilis
Fedora + Red Baroness
Wildfire + Red Baroness
Wildfire + Negligee
Tropix + Negligee
Tropix + Hot Chilis
Tropix + Strawberry Smoothie
Tutti Frutti + Negligee
Rosebud + Strawberry Smoothie
Romantique + Strawberry Smoothie
Fedora + Negligee
Fedora + Iced Cappuccino
Wildfire + Tutti Frutti
Rosebud + Romantique
Fedora + Wildfire
Wildfire + Tropix
Tropix + Romantique
Tutti Frutti + Strawberry Smoothie
Red Baroness + Tutti Frutti
Red Baroness + Tropix
Fedora + Tutti Frutti
Cream Puff + Tutti Frutti + Negligee (yes three colors, trust me ;) )

Latest posts

Back