Which spray tan gives best results?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beanhead

Reaction score
I understand everyone will have mixed opinions on this but I am hopeful that one brand will come out on top.
I am getting married in 3 weeks and want a nice tan. I had my first spray tan in about 8 years last night, I'd previously had the St tropez and the results had always been great.
Last nights tan was a fake bake tan, I have very pale skin and she used the original solution. After showering this morning I have to say I feel rather patchy in places and in some areas like I've had no tan at all. I followed all of the rules for before and after tanning so don't feel it's down to me, however I do realise it could be the tanning tec or the product.
I only have a few weeks to find the best tan for me and my skin (nothing like leaving it till the last minute) I'm hopping you lovely people may be able to steer me in the right direction cos I don't feel all that confident about it all at the mo.
My other concern was that she mentioned using the dark solution!
Ahh help!

Do you have olive toned skin by any chance? I would definitely not suggest a dark shade for a bride as a tan always looks darker against a white/ivory dress. It makes me wonder if the tech is inexperienced.

Personally, I use Sienna X and love it. I've spray tanned a number of brides this summer and have had no problems with it at all.

I have very, very pale skin but very dark eyes and very dark hair. Having looked at other threads I see the Sienna x is very popular. I'm happy to have a reasonably dark tan and I know I can carry it off. I am also questioning how experienced the lady is, when I have been tanned in the past they've always lightly spayed the backs of my hands and then blended it in with a mitt which looked very natural whereas this lady really sprayed a lot on the backs of my hands and it looks stupid as between my fingers it is really White, it looks like a DIY job.

I would also recommend Sienna-X, it has a lovely coconuty smell. I am very pale with blonde hair and the 10% looks natural and dark on me. Good Luck! :)

Thanks for your replies. So far Sienna x seems to be the tan of choice! X

Another vote for Sienna X! Also Nouvatan, both really great, I use both in my salon as I couldn't choose between the two.

I too use both, and like both, but for pale skin I would chose Nouvatan over Sienna X - it is less orange.

Hi I have used a fair few solutions over the last 2 years of tanning and find the best and not orange tans are st tropez and nouvatan :)

St Tropez all the way, I use it for my brides, its a nice natural colour, not too dark, applies beautifully and fades evenly. Their training is very good aswell. I have trained in both systems and they are very thorough.

Hope this helps x

St tropez still has a good reputation then, you don't hear about it much now! I've been looking around my area to see what brands are available, there is a beauty salon with a St tropez 'passport' spray tan booth, I'm guessing this is like the one Ross on friends used.
Does anyone know if they're any good?

Vani-t liquid sun or velocity! :) we all have our favourites, shame you havnt got more time to try a few! when you decide which one make sure you have a trial! I also love fake bake :)

St tropez still has a good reputation then, you don't hear about it much now! I've been looking around my area to see what brands are available, there is a beauty salon with a St tropez 'passport' spray tan booth, I'm guessing this is like the one Ross on friends used.
Does anyone know if they're any good?
Do you mean the airport? If so you get sprayed by a therapist! Not sure on the passport?!! :D

I use fake bake, have done for over 5 years and never had a problem with it. Never had anyone complain about it either. I love it and so do my clients. If you are pale skinned the normal original solution should have been dark enough for you. Unless you wanted to be quite dark in this case you should have had the darker solution. The therapist should have done a consultation and gone through it with you beforehand. Did she do this? How long has she been spray tanning? Has she much experience. I never have to rub the back of my clients hand with a mitt to blend the tan in, not heard of doing it that way before. I was trained to lightly spray this area. Though I guess there are different ways of spraying.I had a rep spray me with Sienna x's tonights the night solution a few weeks back as I am looking into getting a solution that develops within a few hours. I thought it was a lovely natural color.:)

i've just bought the st tropez pro spray tan booth, the gun is really light, the extraction is fab, hardly any over spray and the fan is heat adjustable - handy for the winter, plus it is only 1 meter foot print so if you have a smalll space it is ideal, the tan is a light mist aswell, gives a nice coverage and they have just bought out a darker solution.

I think you meant the airport booth !! :lol:

Yeah I did mean airport booth, I was thinking of passport photo booths! The therapist made out she was very experienced and did lots of tans, I guess she might be having me on though! She didn't come across as very professional, I had to ask for aftercare info and she didn't say much beforehand just made me fill in some details.

Latest posts

Back