Which treatment would you add ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombini

Reaction score
If you could add another treatment to your services which would it be ? Or would you invest the money & upgrade your products ? (eg facial products)

Id like to add another treatment to my services eg, Spray Tanning, Eyelash Ex, Eyelash Perming etc, Ive got approx £500 to spend & im not sure which to go for so it would be interesting to see what you would choose.

It can be any treatment or any amount :green:

Thanks guys :hug:

For me, my best add on service has been spray tanning. Without a doubt.

I get loads of repeat business. Its a very quick treatment with an instant feel good factor.

I love it. :green:

I want to do hot stone massage eventually not thinking of profit especially i just like to do new things.

I would suggest spray tan I went with spray tan cubicle in May last year and got all my money back in a month and a half of doing it. I love it.

I'd agree with the spray tanning - a tan is something people seem to always want, however they choose to get it.

I think Eyelash extensions could probably only be for special occasions or for the more well off client who could afford to wear them full time.

I might be wrong though.

I also think spray tanning,it's a fast treatment that brings in the cash, in a short amount of time.

We only do a hands on tan,St Tropez and whilst this a very enjoyable treatment for our clients,a lot of them just dont have the time it takes to carry out the treatment.

I would definately have this as an extra treatment,unfortunately we dont have the room in our salon for the cubicle or a pop up tent really so we have to make do with the hands on self tan.HTH

i would have to agree with spray tanning, you can make the money back very easily. Personally, as i am already trained in spray tanning if i had my own salon i would be inclined to go towards adding holistic therapies like reiki, indian head massage, hot stone massage etc. Just because i like them really!

i would like to learn micro-current facial - i think there would be profit in it as clients have to have a course of treatments etc also i have a micro-current facial machine sitting upstairs getting dusty lol - but i think i need to wait til ive got my level 3 before i can do that training

spray tanning looks really good - although my hubby tested my new machine and gun out on me and ended up spraying me like he was hosing the garden! not a good experience surfice to say i had to shower it all off !!!!

vic xx

i would like to learn micro-current facial - i think there would be profit in it as clients have to have a course of treatments etc also i have a micro-current facial machine sitting upstairs getting dusty lol - but i think i need to wait til ive got my level 3 before i can do that training

spray tanning looks really good - although my hubby tested my new machine and gun out on me and ended up spraying me like he was hosing the garden! not a good experience surfice to say i had to shower it all off !!!!

vic xx

Micro-current facials are included in nvq3 training anyway so you don't need to wait til you have finished level 3 to train in it. Bonus!!

Unless it's changed since i did it!

i thought they were too but wasnt sure if all level 3's have the same syallbus- but i heard a rumour that basildon college isnt going to be offering level 3 for next year, which is a bit of a shame

Well I guess I am the same as everyone else then, as I want to add spray tanning, eyelash/brow tinting and facials. I too love the sound of the hot stone course. One day I will get there. Oh and possibly a make-up course??

vic xx
Micro current treatments (non surgical facials)are very popular,but to have a good recognised machine you have to pay thousands.

We have the Bio Ultimate Gold and it is extremely popular,and yes you do benefit mainly from having a course rather than having a one off treatment.

Our machine cost mega bucks,but in time you do recoup your money,but.....it takes time,it's definately not something to take lightly.It also does many other treatments other than the micro current facials,i.e lifting and firming the body,anti cellulite etc,so it's a good piece of equipment to buy.

We charge £40.00 a treatment,treatment lasts approx 3/4 of an hour and it is recommended that you have a course of either 6 or 12(depending on needs)Then we recommend that you return once a month for a maintenance.

The products cost as well,i.e the inpregnated gauze mask that goes under the electric mask,which follows the lifting precedure,costs approx £5.00 each,so although you are charging £40.00 per treatment obviously these things have to be taken into account.

You can buy cheaper micro current machines,i.e the type that you learn on in level 3 but these wont bring in the clients as easily.

I don't know anything about spray tanning so can't comment but loads of my clients ask why I don't do waxing.

I think if I was to expand into anything waxing would the the thing although I don't fancy bikini waxing, etc. so I can't see me doing it.

I tried Indian Head Massage but to be honest for the amount of work and effort the return wasn't that great.

I'm lazy, I want to do the minimum amount of hard work for the maximum amount of profit, or does that make me business savvy :idea:

I'd say either tanning or waxing. Spray tanning is my most profitable treatment and was probably the quickest to master, although to get a good system means your £500 is completely swallowed up (in my opinion of course!). I have the TC3 and with solutions etc it was over £1000!

Yes, definitely spray tanning. I too am thinking of adding this to my service menu. I don't mind shelling out a decent amount for a quality product and training, but how do you know which company to plump for? Has anyone got any info on who the better ones are or has anyone had a particularly orange experience?! :)

Looks like Spray Tanning is most popular then !

I would love to offer hot stone massage as i am already trained so i would only need to buy the heater & stones but the couch i have in the salon is quite low, not good for my back ! :irked:

Sassy what is a TC3 ?!? I am a spray tan virgin & know nothing ! LOL

Blossom it is very confusing so this may help you http://www.salongeek.com/business/48067-sassy-guide-choosing-spray-tanning-company.html#post516724

the main thing with the tango effect is when they are sprayed with a DHA that has too high a %age for their skin type. So just make sure you get a range of solutions that cover every type! best thing is to try and get a demo from the companies you shortlist. Not only will that give you a choice based on personal experience, but also you will get a feel for the company that you feel deserves your money!

Spray Tan from me too:hug:

Thanks for all your comments :)

Think spray tan will win the funds but im still interested in other suggestions :hug: xx

Latest posts

Back