White tips and gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fairynice

Reaction score
Being an acrylic lover I have recently renewed my vows to gel after doing a conversion.
BUT, I have a client that always has white tips... when it came to infills the white wouldn't cure properly...I have since realsied that this is because of the white tips...
But before I realised this I did a new client who always had white tips with her previous tech (who has moved), so I did a tip and overlay...BUT I now don't know what I should do when she comes back for her rebalance this weekend??? Will I have to remove the whole set and start again by sculpting or using clear tips????
NIGHTMARE....:confused::irked::eek::idea:

The white sculpting gel won't cure if you're using it on a white tip, it should ideally be used with clear sculpting forms/tips to enable the UV light to reflect underneath the form/tip and cure from the bottom as well as from above.

When it's time for a rebalance you can use POW (paint on white) if your system has one.

hth's

Last edited:
The white sculpting gel won't cure if you're using it on a white tip, it should ideally be used with clear sculpting forms/tips to enable the UV light to reflect underneath the form/tip and cure from the bottom as well as from above.

When it's time for a rebalance you can use POW (paint on white) if your system has one.

hth's

Thanks again for your advice Sandi...I wish I never sold my Brisa paint on now.... I shall have to go and buy some paint on... do you know anyone else who does a paint on other than Brisa?
:hug::)

I'm not 100% sure as I only use Brisa, however, I think that Akzentz do a POW.

Which gel system do you currently use?

I would say that it would be better to stay within the same system for all of your gel products, ie only using Brisa POW with Brisa gels etc, that way if you have service breakdown of any kind it'll be easier to pinpoint a problem if/when you get one.

Thanks again for your advice Sandi...I wish I never sold my Brisa paint on now.... I shall have to go and buy some paint on... do you know anyone else who does a paint on other than Brisa?
:hug::)

NSI do a Brush on French White

I'm not 100% sure as I only use Brisa, however, I think that Akzentz do a POW.

Which gel system do you currently use?

I would say that it would be better to stay within the same system for all of your gel products, ie only using Brisa POW with Brisa gels etc, that way if you have service breakdown of any kind it'll be easier to pinpoint a problem if/when you get one.

I'm using EzFLOW GEL IT which I love ... but they don't currently have a POW :cry:
I did have the Brisa gels but I wasn't using them so I passed them on...nevermind...
I guess I will just have to buff them off and start again then :irked:
Thanks

Thanks Jezz, I shall look into that...:)

Latest posts

Back