White tips help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gayles_Beauty

Reaction score
Hi I know this is a stupid question but can you help me. When applying the white tips. Apply bonder to the natural nail. Once you have stuck them onto the natural nail with glue do you just blend them in like the natural nail tips? Then would you just apply a top coat of gel once then finis with the finishing gel?

Thanks for your help x

Hi I'm not trained in gel so cannot give advice on that but you don't blend white tips. You put your chosen system over the top without blending first. I also use my primer before my application of l&P but I don't know about gel sorry. Hope Ive helped a bit.

Hi I know this is a stupid question but can you help me. When applying the white tips. Apply bonder to the natural nail. Once you have stuck them onto the natural nail with glue do you just blend them in like the natural nail tips? Then would you just apply a top coat of gel once then finis with the finishing gel?

Thanks for your help x

From your line of questioning i would advise you take up a nail training course, hth

From your line of questioning i would advise you take up a nail training course, hth

her profile says that she has

who did you train with? as thats one of the first things you should have learned

What you have been told is not exactly correct.

It is impossible to give a general answer to a question like yours. White tips differ in application and some DO need to be thinned and blended ... some don't .. depends on what tips you are using.

I'm curious to know when you would blend a white tip? I do white tips and have never had to blend them.

Personally i think white tips look tacky, so i avoid using them at all.

Guess that is why there are options out there for everyone. Not everyone is going to like the same things.

Guess that is why there are options out there for everyone. Not everyone is going to like the same things.

And not all white tips look tacky either. For instance CND white Performance Tips look exactly like white powder, in fact they are exactly the shade of CND White powder which is definitely not tacky. I agree that I do loath the neon white cheap tips that I see but not all white tips are the same.

As for blending (which is the same as thinning) perhaps the semantics vary from the UK to the USA. So I will rephrase and say that many white tips need thinning once applied and some (like CND white Performance tips) need no thinning or etching as it is all pre done for the technician ... saves loads of time.

Ok, thinning makes more sense to me. Thank you for clearing that up.

hiya i use white tips and i find that blending them looks awful i use white tips with gel. i prep the nail then apply the tip then put primer on the natural nail making sure i dont get primer on the tip then apply the gel as u would a natural tip :) x

Latest posts

Back