Whiter, Brighter Chompers!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

princess fifi

Reaction score
Does anyone know a good DIY teeth whitening system? There are a few brands out there, i read reviews and they are so mixed. Has anyone tried any that worked? My teeth aren't bad but I want that Hollywood smile!:green:
Also, in Australia we are not allowed to offer teeth whitening in the salon, tanning companies are trying to sell teeth whitening systems but professional beauty mag, wrote an article on legislations etc. & we are not allowed.
I was called by one company trying to sell the whitening system and he said it is allowed in salons as long as the clients applies it themselves, WHAT THE??? Then the client may as well do it themselves at home, go figure! But it comes with a special light on a stand,much like a maggie lamp stand and the client also has to put this on themselves.
Has anyone else heard/read/experienced this? :)

Hi

When I was cabin crew for British Airways a few of the crew used to get teeth whitening strips from America. Have a look on the internet. I am sure they will have them somewhere. I think they are from wallmart. Anyway, they are a little bit pricey but they really work.

Good Luck finding something. Oh and sometimes over here in shopping centres (malls) they have stands selling teeth whitening kits which actually appear to work.
I last saw this a few days ago in Bluewater shopping centre. Again, have a look on the net.

Sarah x

Hmmm, wonder if they are available here in Australia, I will have to do a search. thanks for your advice seems like strips are the way to go.

I have heard that these are good... Crest Whitestrips - Supreme and Professional Crest White Strips at discount prices - Products

But i would still just be careful as some can leave you with sensitive teeth.

If you use them once a day rather than twice they don't go AS sensitive.

Another good trick (for home use only, not for your clients(learned from a local gypsy) put toothpaste on your brush, wet it and put salt on top, then brush your teeth... honest it works!

well i have just read reviews on these and they sound very positive...

I have tried the Crest PREMIUM ones and they are fab.

They come in a little blue plastic box that has a mirror inside.

They are so much easier than using the gum shield ones.

There are quite a few threads on this, do a search for it and you will find quite alot of interesting reads :) Im a previous dental nurse and replied to many before.

Ive used these for the past couple of years there fab. Illegal in the Uk though still. But can be purchased from ebay. strange that they are illegal here but got FDA approval in america!!!

Salt on a piece of cloth rubbed over your teeth is something my grandma swore by. She still had all her own teeth at 90! She never used toothpase in her life just salt!

I use Eucryl Smokers toothpaste (the powder). If I have a bit of discolouration I use this 4 or five times in one go and you teeth gleam!!!!!

I got far better results off these methods than I got off a £300 treatment!

Kate

This thread has me thinking now, I have just booked to have my teeth whitened at the dentist at the grand price of £349, now I wonder if I would be better saving my money and trying something like these strips instead..x

This thread has me thinking now, I have just booked to have my teeth whitened at the dentist at the grand price of £349, now I wonder if I would be better saving my money and trying something like these strips instead..x

I would...:lol: give em a go and if they don't work re-book your dentist.

I think I will Angie thanks..x

I got some of those crest strips and they are brilliant...

supposed to use twice a day for 7 days....you get a strip for you upper teeth and a strip for your lower teeth.

Rob and I are sharing them...(not actually sharing the same strip....that would be disgusting...:lol) we are sharing a box...so we will be using them once a day for 7 days...

we are both on day 3 and both our teeth look much whiter....

day 1 ... no probs
day 2 ... both had a little sensitivity on the bottom teeth...passed after a few hours
day 3 ... both forgot to use them
day 4 ... no probs... whiter teeth !!

cant wait till day 7...

defo worth a try and the money...i think a boost every 12 months would keep them tip top.

I'm on day 3 with them and I got to say they are great I can see a difference already, and fingers crossed no sensitivity as yet...looks like I saved myself £300...thanks for starting this thread ...xxxx

Hi, I received the Classic Strips this morning, thought that I would get these instead of the Premium ones, incase of sensitivity.

Anyway, used only the top strip this morning, but had it on for 40mins, not sure if that was a good or bad thing.

Well, I have been having a bit of sensitivity since early evening, its not hurting, but I can tell that I have done something to my teeth.

Do you think it will get worst before it gets better? thanks

Hi, I received the Classic Strips this morning, thought that I would get these instead of the Premium ones, incase of sensitivity.

Anyway, used only the top strip this morning, but had it on for 40mins, not sure if that was a good or bad thing.

Well, I have been having a bit of sensitivity since early evening, its not hurting, but I can tell that I have done something to my teeth.

Do you think it will get worst before it gets better? thanks

did you brush your teeth first...? your not supposed too.

40 mins is too long...it says 30 mins on the packet....(well on mine it does)

If your teeth are already sensitive then this will highlight that...mine wernt so i didn't find it too bad and it lasted about an hour and went.

What do you mean worse before it gets better...? whiter or sensivity...? they should look a bit brighter from the first go...then gradually get whiter the more you use them.

If you find the sensitivity a problem.....try doing one day on and one day off...will take longer to get the effect but hey...whats the rush...:hug:

Hello Everyone!!!
Suzie I am glad you saved money and it is working for you!
I did a search and found the strips in Australia! Hurray!
We have 3 choices here:
1.Professional 21 Day treatments
2.Crest white strips premium plus
3.Liquid smile

I think i will go with option 2.

Thanks for all the suggestion and reviews, glad to see it actually works, I haven't had the chance to order and try it, but definitely will!!!:green:

Latest posts

Back