Who has all these oily nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweaty palms is just that: sweat.
It's not oil and shouldn't be confused as oil.

HOWEVER, having MOIST nails can be an issue.
And that's entirely different from 'oil nails'.

Neither nail plates, nor nailbeds have sebaceous glands. Oil comes from sebaceous glands.

See here to learn about sebaceous glands and where they are located:
Sebaceous gland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Which reads:

No one said sweat was oily!!

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

I defiantly have oily nails also sweaty palms ,my nails are a nail tecs worst nightmare lol thay are so thin they peel not much sticks to them I can bend them backwards ,i also do hair and have an under active thyroid to top it off :-(

No one said sweat was oily!!

No need to yell, we're only having a discussion.
No, you did not say that sweat was oily. And I didn't say that you did either.
However, you did say that you "definately have oily nails" and "also sweaty palms".
I was simply pointing out the impossibility of oily nails, and that sweaty palms can cause an issue with regards to 'moisture'.
I also wanted to make it clear that they aren't one and the same.

Simply sharing information. No need to get in a huff.

No need to yell, we're only having a discussion.
No, you did not say that sweat was oily. And I didn't say that you did either.
However, you did say that you "definately have oily nails" and "also sweaty palms".
I was simply pointing out the impossibility of oily nails, and that sweaty palms can cause an issue with regards to 'moisture'.
I also wanted to make it clear that they aren't one and the same.

Simply sharing information. No need to get in a huff.

Just the way it came across to me

I often express myself straight from the hip, and direct to the point without all fluff and stuff and flowers.
No offense meant by it. And sorry that you took it that way.
;-)

I often express myself straight from the hip, and direct to the point without all fluff and stuff and flowers.
No offense meant by it. And sorry that you took it that way.
;-)
Well you had good training, darling Victoria! Why do people have to make trouble where there is none? Sweaty hands do not make oily nails, they make wet nails which Also cause lift and have problems. Oily nails?? Myth in my very humble inexperienced and I'll educated opinion. Lol

Hi there :)
I stumbled across this thread and thought I should give it a read as I always have trouble with peeling shellac and sometimes have trouble with enhancements. It's been very enlightening! Im now pretty sure that I just need to find myself a tech that takes their prep as seriously as you guys do.
Thank you all :D x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Well you had good training, darling Victoria! Why do people have to make trouble where there is none? Sweaty hands do not make oily nails, they make wet nails which Also cause lift and have problems. Oily nails?? Myth in my very humble inexperienced and I'll educated opinion. Lol

LOL :D Why yes I did! My teacher is an absolute gem and if only EVERYONE paid as close attention as I did
hehehehe
xoxox

(ps: and still do! lol)

Can some link me to the Perfect prep prevents page that geeg mentioned please x

Can some link me to the Perfect prep prevents page that geeg mentioned please x
No ... Lol ... It is better if you navigate there yourself and learn how. Go to the thread at the top of the fourm page that says, do you know how to find the tutorial section?

Or go to the home page, scroll down untii you find the members tutorials. Time you learned your way around this fantastic site of ours. X

Last edited:
All this talking of sweat & oil is not good on an evening like this ;-)

my nails are a techs nightmare, it doesnt matter how much prep, who does them, what system they use or if its gel or acrylic they lift.... horrendous they are, I just do them myself now as they are torture for others.... naughty nails....

tigi

Latest posts

Back