Whoops! I made a mistake!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucybluebell

Reaction score
Had my 1st client return for re-shellac today. She was very happy with her nails and I wrapped them and made her a cupola as she was choosing a new colour!
I was praising how fabulous shellac was and how simple it was to remove. Opened the first wrap and it looked the same, it clearly wasnt ready so I wrapped it up again and wrapped a towel round her hand ( apologising and saying it won't take long:?:)
I've taken my own shellac off loads of times so was panicking! Then I noticed the bottle I'd used....flipping DSPERSE!!!!:eek:
I apologised..took all the wraps off and re-did them. She was very sweet about it.
Ended up having hotski rockstar and they looked beautiful- even after all the faff ing it took 1hr 25 so was pretty pleased with my time.
I feel very silly- certainly won't make that mistake again!:D

Here's a pic- she was really pleased!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342101454.133199.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342101454.133199.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 819
They look great!! Try not to worry! We all make mistakes! :) and if your client was happy, what does it matter!

Oh bless you! Like you said though you won't be making that mistake again lol. They look lovely xxx

whoops....but better than using the acetone instead of the dsperse :)

they look great! love that colour...have it on my toes all the time!

I did that myself once with d-sperse, lol, just reached for the wrong bottle

EmJZ now that would be a lot worse!!!x

You did a lovely job, her nails look great! I've got a similar colour on my toes.

Even the pros make mistakes...my educator for Shellac done the same thing...lol

Not naming names though:wink2:

Even the pros make mistakes...my educator for Shellac done the same thing...lol

Not naming names though:wink2:

we've all done it -once i used dsolve instead of dsperse (both were in menda pump bottles) to remove inhib layer on a shellac/swarovski pedi. But didn't realise until client had left either! :eek:

Wish I had more clients wanting soak ofss or gel polish. Mie all want Acrylics or French Acrylics, or Gel extensions or French Gel extensions...... Will just have to keep doing the NNo on myself

Yours look fab, well done

Here's a pic- she was really pleased!

Wow these look amazing. How do u do rockstar with shellac, is this just doing a glitter layer over the inhibition layer of 2nd colour coat?? And can u use any fine glitters or just cnd ones. Is this in the inhibition layer or in an uncared layer?

Sorry for the interrogation, I keep hearing about "rockstar" all the time but wasn't quite sure what this was!

Thank u

£Faye£;1582392 said:
Wow these look amazing. How do u do rockstar with shellac, is this just doing a glitter layer over the inhibition layer of 2nd colour coat?? And can u use any fine glitters or just cnd ones. Is this in the inhibition layer or in an uncared layer?

Sorry for the interrogation, I keep hearing about "rockstar" all the time but wasn't quite sure what this was!

Thank u
Thank you!
after the 2nd colour coat is cured I dab glitter on with a brush then really scrub it in and it gives a nice smooth foiled look, then 2 coats topcoat xx

...and yes fine glitter for this method. This one is using Martha Stewart glitter but I also have sweet squared glitter x

they look fab, well done xx

Thank you!
after the 2nd colour coat is cured I dab glitter on with a brush then really scrub it in and it gives a nice smooth foiled look, then 2 coats topcoat xx

Fab thanks. Any brush in particular? And when u say scrub it in, is this sort of swirling it all round with the same brush or using special brush?

Have several fine glitters so am v excited to give it a go this weekend!! Thank u loads

£Faye£;1583499 said:
Fab thanks. Any brush in particular? And when u say scrub it in, is this sort of swirling it all round with the same brush or using special brush?

Have several fine glitters so am v excited to give it a go this weekend!! Thank u loads
I just use a small eyeshadow brush that I already had and it works perfectly, you don't want the bristles too long. Just put brush straight into the pot to get some glitter and dab it all over the nail making sure the tacky layer is completely covered, then keep wiping over with the brush (in all directions) pressing firmly until the glitter is smooth making sure all the little glitter particles are brushed off the skin and nail folds.this is how I do it, there may be other ways!

Have fun, it's probably my favourite thing to do because it's so effective yet really simple xx

I just use a small eyeshadow brush that I already had and it works perfectly, you don't want the bristles too long. Just put brush straight into the pot to get some glitter and dab it all over the nail making sure the tacky layer is completely covered, then keep wiping over with the brush (in all directions) pressing firmly until the glitter is smooth making sure all the little glitter particles are brushed off the skin and nail folds.this is how I do it, there may be other ways!

Have fun, it's probably my favourite thing to do because it's so effective yet really simple xx

Thank u loads that is great. Have removed my shellac ready or a glitter-fest weekend!! (poor hubby and children!)

Latest posts

Back