Who's in the right? So upset - advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You sound like a very reasonable and polite person.
I suspect the owner is between a rock and a hard place, ie trying to please/provide an income for this relative and still have you there. Because you're so nice she has taken what she thinks is the line of least resistance.

It may be worth asking yourself if you are paying the going rate for sole use of the room. It is likely that she will counter your argument by saying you are not, so be prepared for that. If you are paying the full rate then you could suggest a pro rata reduction.
She may also say that as the couch is provided that makes up for the improvements you have done to the room.

Tbh she doesn't sound very business-like and even if this is resolved you may wish to look for somewhere else.

I hope it goes well for you.

Hi,
Sorry it's been a while since I updated.

I have managed to get it sorted with the salon owner, a contract (which I drew up) is now in place and things actually seem a lot better, no atmosphere like I was worrying about.
The relative will still be coming into the salon but will only do the one client that was agreed to from the start and reception work.

Thank you to everyone that offered advise.

Latest posts

Back