Who's responsible, me or the landlord?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was this the handbag that she said SHE was carrying? What a liar! I hope she's banned from your salon, litigious, lying, old cow that she is.

Some (not many but some) solicitors are not allowing this anymore, in the sense that if they where out of work fair enough they should claim really if they haven't received their normal working pay, or if they have had to fork out cash as a result of being injurred.

If they firstly did not pay out for any money because of them having an accident say a taxi to allow them to go normal shopping or to meet any comitments they have, it's a bit of a grey area legally but morally they aren't supposed to claim if they have not had any financial hinderance due to the slight accident.

This again won't help with the worry but makes sense logically to me, though some solicitors are even asking for some medical proof of injury and that you had to fork out money to go about your normal business or work (again not allot of them are but some are or so I have heard)

The guy from my insurance just phoned to tell me that he phoned her to get her statement of what happened and she said that I was carrying her bag and coat behind her. Her glasses were in the bag (as she only needs them for reading) and the best part about it is he was recording the whole conversation! He didn't tell her that though because he said he doesnt want her careful as she might catch herself out with more!

So its all looking pretty good now!

Witnesses? if you had any could you get in contact with anyone to prove this either way of course, if you don't have any (I like being smart about this stuf and handing it on to others), but if there where not witnesses to her claim then it would be or should be made as unfair or if someone witnessed it not being that way then you'd win this claim anyways.

It's always worth thinking about just to back yourself up!

Last edited:
Personally i only think she'll have grounds for a claim if you were negliable. Such as you knew the handrail was faulty and it was that that caused her to fall, or there was a bit of carpet stuck up that you knew about, but didnt do anything about it. It doesnt sound like you were negliable. Unfortunately accidents do happen. Your insurance will be personal liability, but seeing youre not liable, then id assume they wont pay out. Thats just my opinion though. Good luck.

Was this the handbag that she said SHE was carrying? What a liar! I hope she's banned from your salon, litigious, lying, old cow that she is.

I wonder if I can legally ban her or if I will have to tell her 'Im fully booked till next Christmas!'

I wonder if I can legally ban her or if I will have to tell her 'Im fully booked till next Christmas!'

i'd have more pleasure telling her 'unfortunatly people like you aren't welcome in my salon, i'm sure you understand' and then push her down the stairs and cackle and shout ''atleast now you can make a REAL claim'' :twisted: haha no that was a joke, don't actually push her down the stairs...

Haha!

Lying little cowbag....Good on you Suzanne, keeping your head about you.

Now you've told her what's going on she'll probably move on to the next victim...I mean salon xx

A good friend of mine (a florist) had a similar issue a couple of years back when a visitor to the shop tripped over a step that split the levels on the ground floor of the shop.

An overpaid ambulance-chasing solicitor was employed by the aforementioned and he went into great detail over the course of the next few weeks. However, he and the 'tripper' dropped the case once he realised that there was a sign on the step that said 'Please mind the step'.

Because of the compensation culture in this country if you do not have any warnings of steps etc.. then unreasonably you are to blame. (Even though most people have fully functioning eyes).

I just hope that your scenario will be the same as my florist friend. As you state, you have signs warning people of steep steps so you should hopefully be non-liable due to your signage basically covering yourself.

Looks like your getting it all sorted now. I think I would be inclined to tell her if she wants to book that unfortunately you cant offer her an appointment as you don't think she would be able to cope with the stairs.

Then push her down then..... Nooo no pushing lol

A car ran into me a week before Xmas and the police pulled up to help swap our details. There were 2 guys in there car and just me in mine. They still haven't told their insurance company anything has happened and are dragging that bit out but have managed to get a soliciter and try to claim for wiplash of 4 people.

This claim culture really annoys me.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back