Why are male bosses in our industry ars*s?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMZAGEEK69

Reaction score
my thread page wil not let me type enough characters 4 wat i have to tell u guys,i need to hear wat you guys hav had 2 put up with it mae bosses in hairdreesing and wat yuz did 2 overcome it i would really appreciate any feedbak thankyou evry1:green::rolleyes::cry:

I have had good and bad bosses of both genders. My best boss was George, a true gentleman, liked and respected by everyone, and ran a fantastic salon. The worst boss was an old bat called Gill, who was mean, personal, and universally disliked. Her salon has closed now. I once worked for an idiot called Martin who brought his problems to work, sacked people all the time and behaved like a prat. He doesnt have a salon now either.

wow hun sounds like you been though a couple!!:lol::green::eek:my boss is actually doin very well,unfortunatley:confused:he has several salons and very respected and profitable,but he seems to go through staff like no ones buissness!:eek::eek:i think with that, and the way im bein treated,thats enuf alarm bells 4 me to hit the road jack.:lol:i just wana ask you wat u would classifiy a reasonable cut-off point for tellen the chief to get chuffed!!!!!!:green:lol:lol:thankyou so much for feedback

when I was doing my YTS years ago at the first hairdressing salon I ever worked in the boss was a fella....he was really old school and very strict....while i was learning to shampoo he would sit in the chair and i would have to wash his hair over and over and over...after each time he just yelled..."AGAIN !!!"....:Scared:....but he made me the best shampoo-ist around and i used to get tips galore as the junior.

He was very fair but just didn't stand any nonsence....i actually preferred working for him than any of the other 3 female boss's i went on to work for....i have always got on better with lads anyway....they just punch your arm and move on...girls drag things on forever...:lol:

ur definately right on that one! guys outside of the hairdessing industry are fine ive always hung round with the lads,girls do drag crap on as you sed...any wayz have you ever been phisically assulted buy you employer wateva gender?:!::!::!:

being physically assaulted by ANYONE should never be accepted and reported to the police.

ur definately right on that one! guys outside of the hairdessing industry are fine ive always hung round with the lads,girls do drag crap on as you sed...any wayz have you ever been phisically assulted buy you employer wateva gender?:!::!::!:

OMG, didn't see that one coming. Definitely should not be tolerated or accepted. Surely that should be reported. :hug:

OMG, didn't see that one coming. Definitely should not be tolerated or accepted. Surely that should be reported. :hug:

Yes, that's a criminal offence and should definitely be reported to the police.

We spend a good part of our lives working and if you hate your job or the person you work for it isn't that healthy.

I know that it is not always possible to have a job you love, but if you hate it I'd do my best to look elsewhere, get a new job and then leave.

If you find that whoever you work for, they are ar*es, then either:

1. You are very unlucky.....
2. You are in the wrong line of work....
3. Some soul searching is needed as it is possible that you are the ar*e...

Sometimes the decision to accept an unfulfilling job is the right one as it delivers a desired outcome (working out of the country for a couple of years to pay off the mortgage or put the kids through college etc), as long as you can contain any negativity that it generates.

Mike

The last person to lay a hand on me was my ex husband, I left him in 1984 and I swore then that I would never be anyones punch bag ever again, nor would I stand by and do nothing if someone else was.
I don't care if he grabbed you and shook you a bit, pushed you or out and out punched or slaped you.
You report it to the police, you don't go back, you take the tw*t to court and you sue him for every last penny he's got, because it always hurts them more if you hit them right in the wallet.
There is never a reason why you should accept being hit by anyone over the age of two, and the two year old should be shown that this is not acceptable.

I think if you have no respect for the person who pays your wages then you should move on. Your comment of "he is doing well unfortunately" is troubling as surely you want the salon that you work in to do well, or do you hanker after the dole queue?

I have a male boss and he's awful. If you read my blog, I tell a lot about what he's done. I don't know if a lot of things he has done is because of his gender or just if thats how he is. I could do without him. I'm trying to get out of there asap.

Hi Emzageek alarm are bells ringing ,
if someone in your place of work is not keeping his hands to himself, and is taking liberty's :irked:
then you need to protect yourself by using the law ring the police and ask them to log all past and recent events ,

I think you have a certain amount of time in which to log things , they will also give you a log number too ,
ask for their advice, and confide in someone you trust ,

do try not to be on your own with him ! and warn him that you will kick him hard and where it hurts in self defense and that you can scream very loud and do so if he comes near you again.

He obviously wont like this and you may be sacked for a different reason , but I am sure by now .... you realize it may be hard for you to to prove.

but .... Emzageek I would just get out now and call it a day as no job is worth any amount of sexual harassment ,
all I can say hun, that if I were your Mum and someone like that was taking liberty's with my young Daughter I would be absolutely fuming :evil: and I would be getting you outta there and pronto Grrrr

So if he cant keep his hands to himself then you should get outta there right now.

Most men bosses are very decent as they are in a position of trust and authority and decent bosses do not seek to take liberty's or abuse their powers like that .

Emzageek everyone deserves a decent boss with decent standards of behavior
so don't stay put as it may only get worse. Anything is better than putting up with that kind of bad behavior ,
who the hell does he think he is !...

Anyway dont answer that last one on here Emzageek :hug:
as this is an open forum.

As I said just get outta there fast hun you are worth more than that !

hth :hug: minky

I think if you have no respect for the person who pays your wages then you should move on. Your comment of "he is doing well unfortunately" is troubling as surely you want the salon that you work in to do well, or do you hanker after the dole queue?

This guy looks as though his boss has assulted him in some kind of way so why on earth should he respect him? Or want him to do well in his salon?

Sometimes its not always about the worker respecting the boss, the boss has to also respect the employee. This is what narks me is some employers think they can say what they like and treat them how they like and expect respect from the employee!

I think you should find yourself another job. Aside from all of everything he has done, you obviously aren't enjoying your job so should move on. However I will say, you will do yourself a lot of good by keeping your head held high, don't bad mouth as much as he may bad mouth you, as you will come out the bigger person. I have gained a lot of clients by using this attitude. Good luck.

Can i just say that we don't even know what this guy has or has not done...nor do we know anymore than has been said by the thread starter when she first posted this.....which was very little really.

You can get a horrid boss no matter what sex they are.

I also think it must be quite difficult in the beauty industry for men sometimes...we see and hear of innuendo's from women to men all the time...but when its done the opposite way round its frowned upon.....I personally love a bit of banter and don't get easily offended and what some might call harassment/assault might be seen as innocent banter to another.

thankyou geeks:green: your feedback is just wat i needed 4 ma confindence [especialy violet star n minky]ive found ma calling-funni enough,its with ma old salon whom i was working at 4 ova a year i loved it there n bugger alls changed.tha only thing different is im now head colourist n ma wages have gone way up!!:eek::green:.but mostly i hav ma work family back. having people you work with treat each other as there 2nd family can b taken 4granted:confused:thanks again evry1:green::hug::green:ooh..almost 4got 2 mention ma old boss and manager are blokes!!ha ha gender means zip

I'm really glad for you. Its far too easy to let one person put us off the whole industry, I knew you just needed to be in the right place. Good luck with it all!

Latest posts

Back