Why I cant compete with the 20minute wonderboy.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok i need help with these popits...i have a pack and have never open them, where do i look to find out how to use them and refill with them.. thanks
Go to the tutorials on here you should fine all you need there. Hope this helps.:)

If I had to do a set in 20 minutes my ladies would hate me leaving so soon!!
They have tried to drag it out as long as possible even at 80 odd years old.
Time aint everything.
To do a file and polish on an 80 odd year old woman and have a coffee and a cigarette can sometimes make you feel like you are sooo needed and loved.
And to get a kiss and a love on the way way out once a fortnight can make u feel so loved too.
Life is too short. Forget the NSS and think of how well you are doing yourself. xxx

I could not agree more! I'd rather take my time, do a superb job, get to know the client and make them feel special.

Personally, if my nail professional was that fast and I felt like just another nail job on the production line, I'd leave in a big hurry! :)

I could not agree more! I'd rather take my time, do a superb job, get to know the client and make them feel special.

Personally, if my nail professional was that fast and I felt like just another nail job on the production line, I'd leave in a big hurry! :)

Why limit yourself??? Sure some want the couture service .... but not everyone does. Surely it's not such a difficult concept to grasp is it?? It is not all or nothing with PopIts .. they are ANOTHER CHOICE ... for those who do want FAST.

Is it me or is the idea of offering 2 high quality services ... one bespoke and the other beautiful and fast ... difficult to understand? People are answering this thread as if they can't understand the concept of offering both services and what it would mean for their business??

I live in Northern California, where you would be very hard pressed to find a non-Vietnamese tech. As mentioned by someone, the second generation of Vietnamese nail techs are now making their presence known; they speak Vietnamese, perfect English, know how to market. They are opening salons that are beautifully decorated, clean and hygienic, friendly and relatively inexpensive to the customer. And they are fast. Not 20 minutes fast, but an hour, tops. I would wager that this will happen in other countries as well.

Around here, a bespoke nail service would be hard to sell to most people.
Our culture is one of speed, I don't know anyone that isn't retired who would voluntarily book a 2 hour nail appointment.

I have to agree with gigi cant understand why more are not using poppits the point is they were invented for speed and a brill money saver as well I have practiced and I am so pleased that I mastered this.

I understood what NSS is but what is NNO? I'm sure it's got something to do with natural nails, but is the exact acronym?

Natural Nail Overlay hun

E x

If I had to do a set in 20 minutes my ladies would hate me leaving so soon!!
They have tried to drag it out as long as possible even at 80 odd years old.
Time aint everything.
To do a file and polish on an 80 odd year old woman and have a coffee and a cigarette can sometimes make you feel like you are sooo needed and loved.
And to get a kiss and a love on the way way out once a fortnight can make u feel so loved too.
Life is too short. Forget the NSS and think of how well you are doing yourself. xxx

My thoughts exactly, barr the smoking part as I am a non smoker lol, maybe a bar of galaxy or an iced bun for me, yummy lol x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

I find its the prep that takes my time up, after this (app and buff) is quick, i'd love to do it in 30min and properly, you can still have a good coffee and chat in 30 mins. The things that i find take the most time are cuticle work, bevelling tips, blending tip line, shaping nail. After this its all quick and easy
I for one am going to get my head down and (maybe invest in some bionic fingers)

Latest posts

Back