Why not Bluesky?

• Thread starter Cheshire Nail Beauty
  • Start date
SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the written word can come across wrongly sometimes, I'm sure most replies are passionate & informative, I always read with a jolly tone on my head otherwise sometimes replies can come across harsh when this has not been the intention [emoji173]

"Pretty colours" is a poor excuse for using unprofessional products and discerning clients will see straight through it

Numerous professional brands offer effect gel polishes:

Gelish, lechat, crystal nails, brillbird...

People use or consider bluesky et al because it is dirt cheap. Cost per service may not vary much between brands but if you use bluesky or similar you can buy in an entire range at rock bottom price. These ebay brands are the cheapest products on the marketplace and I do not believe people would buy them if their pricing was in line with legitimate brands.

Bluesky manufacture fakes. They produce a line called bluesky shellac. Being affiliated with a company that steals intellectual property reflects badly on everyone.

Bluesky the manufacturer of gel polish do not have an education programme or educators. Bluesky UK, who trade off the reputation of bluesky Guangzhou but are simply one of 100s of distributors, do have an education programme of sorts.

Then there's the animal testing, lack of product support, my lack of belief in the truthfulness of their msds, lack of marketing, awful public image, uncontrolled distribution, increased incidences of allergies, unprofessional website...

A brand partnership should enhance a business image not damage it.

....... I have simply asked for people's feedback on the product. "A poor excuse for using unprofessional products on discerning clients" is rude and insulting when a/ I haven't used them on a client and b/ the very reason I posted the question was to get other professionals feedback which in fact is professionalism right there. I didn't expect the put down comments about my professionalism, it's a joke!

I've never tried Bluesky products, but have seen they're easily available for the public to buy on Amazon and eBay. I personally just wouldn't expect my clients to pay for a professional service where my products are available for them to go home and re-do themselves. X

I've never tried Bluesky products, but have seen they're easily available for the public to buy on Amazon and eBay.
I personally just wouldn't expect my clients to pay for a professional service where my products are available for them to go home and re-do themselves.

Xx
They can buy anything nail product wise on eBay..... fake or not. You can buy acrylic kits in boots and walk into Sally's and buy things full price without a trade card.......... they can get the products that we use and charge for themselves in any case!!!!!!

They can buy anything nail product wise on eBay..... fake or not. You can buy acrylic kits in boots and walk into Sally's and buy things full price without a trade card.......... they can get the products that we use and charge for themselves in any case!!!!!!

Why people start threads when they don't want to hear people's opinions is beyond me?! I was giving my opinion as to why I personally would only use professional products.

I'm sure they can buy fake CND products yes, which is why I chose the CND brand as they're only available from suppliers that require your certificates.

Last edited:
Hello I'm a hairdresser but had my nails done today and the nail tech used blue sky, it has already started peeling. In my opinion as a paying customer I wouldn't recommend it x

Why people start threads when they don't want to hear people's opinions is beyond me?! I was giving my opinion as to why I personally would only use professional products.

I'm sure they can buy fake CND products yes, which is why I chose the CND brand as they're only available from suppliers that require your certificates.

I do want to hear people's opinions I just chose to question those that to me seem a bit bizarre If you have a problem with the public being able to buy professional products that you use for your treatments m... then what about tanning. For instance the public can buy pretty much all of the st Tropez range which are the same products used for the professional treatment. Would you choose not to use a high quality product like st Tropez simply because the public could go and buy the product and do it themselves? In my opinion it's not a valid reason to not use a product. However I take on board other issues raised such as allergies and reactions and ethical issues which I am going to find out from the company what they have to say to defend themselves.

If you are going to contact the company then you need to contact the manufacturers which are based in China. Bluesky UK do not make the product, they are simply one of many different people who sell the product on. They will tell you that they themselves don't test on animals, which is correct, however the manufacturers, being based in China, have to follow Chinese law which means they most definitely ARE tested on animals.

If you are going to contact the company then you need to contact the manufacturers which are based in China. Bluesky UK do not make the product, they are simply one of many different people who sell the product on. They will tell you that they themselves don't test on animals, which is correct, however the manufacturers, being based in China, have to follow Chinese law which means they most definitely ARE tested on animals.

That's useful. Thank you.

I do want to hear people's opinions I just chose to question those that to me seem a bit bizarre If you have a problem with the public being able to buy professional products that you use for your treatments m... then what about tanning. For instance the public can buy pretty much all of the st Tropez range which are the same products used for the professional treatment. Would you choose not to use a high quality product like st Tropez simply because the public could go and buy the product and do it themselves? In my opinion it's not a valid reason to not use a product. However I take on board other issues raised such as allergies and reactions and ethical issues which I am going to find out from the company what they have to say to defend themselves.
I agree, that's why I buy a professional only tanning solution.

I don't understand what's so bizarre? Again, with tanning treatments, I choose a professional only tanning solution. How could I expect a client to pay for a treatment, if I use the same products they do at home?

I believe you knew when beginning this thread that BlueSky products cause quite a stir, however I don't feel like anyone on this thread has insinuated that you're not a professional, just offering our opinions on the product, like you asked for.

....... I have simply asked for people's feedback on the product. "A poor excuse for using unprofessional products on discerning clients" is rude and insulting when a/ I haven't used them on a client and b/ the very reason I posted the question was to get other professionals feedback which in fact is professionalism right there. I didn't expect the put down comments about my professionalism, it's a joke!

The tone was merely exasperated.

This topic is on sgeek ad infinitum.

Wide eyed innocent op says "I genuinely want to know what's so bad about bluesky. I only use pro products but is it really so awful?"

The majority of responders list all the standard stuff that makes the brand so objectionable.

A tiny handful of users support the brand with a 1 dimensional ‎endorsement "it works, my clients love it, the only option with endless colours and special effects".

People like me get drawn in suggesting that's both inaccurate and rather narrow parameters for using a brand.

Op gets stroppy and admits to actually owning said tat.

Use what you like. It's your business, your 17 years of reputation.

I wish you good fortune :D

The tone was merely exasperated.

This topic is on sgeek ad infinitum.

Wide eyed innocent op says "I genuinely want to know what's so bad about bluesky. I only use pro products but is it really so awful?"
..... wide innocent op?! Excuse me?? Belittling ... yet again!!!!

The majority of responders list all the standard stuff that makes the brand so objectionable.

A tiny handful of users support the brand with a 1 dimensional ‎endorsement "it works, my clients love it, the only option with endless colours and special effects".

People like me get drawn in suggesting that's both inaccurate and rather narrow parameters for using a brand.

Op gets stroppy and admits to actually owning said tat.

Stroppy? what the actual...??? No.... I have questioned what some of you so called "professionals" have put across as your argument. You don't flippin like it cos Noone else ever does!!!! What do you mean "owning said tat"?

Use what you like. It's your business, your 17 years of reputation.

I wish you good fortune :D

I'm sure you do!!

Totally bitchy response and exactly the tone I'm talking about that probably puts people off posting on here for the likes of yourself thinking you're better than everyone else and clever. You're not. I've queried some of your points above. Why the Latin also..??!

Do not question my reputation or business just because I asked a "professional forum" about a product and basically got battered by you all for questioning just some of your "professional" opinions. Go ahead like each other's responses. Women should be nice and supportive and frankly You've really put me off this forum. You've judged me and my business because I mentioned a brand you don't all agree with. You know nothing about me or my business yet managed to judge me. It's not nice and not what I expected. I'm sure there's others on here that would love to have a say but too scared to because of the bitchiness!!

Good luck to you too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you like it and want to use it, use it. You asked the question why not and got some helpful and informative replies to help you decide if it's for you or not. I guess because you like the way it looks and the price point that you were hoping for more positive replies on Bluesky.

Responses aren't bitchy simply because they're not what you want to hear and I can't see that anyone is judging your business, the responses are more about the product.

I will be honest, I think it is your tone that is belittling and insulting. People are really trying to give you what you asked for in unequivocal terms. You asked for a critique and you got it. You were told that not only is Bluesky NOT considered a professional product, it is even considered counterfeit and using it is likely to have people (clients and other professionals) look askance at you. No one questioned your professionalism, but they did make clear that using Bluesy and other counterfeit or unprofessional products will undermine the professional image that we assume you are trying to cultivate. This perception is not just because of the general availability of the product, animal testing, and violation of intellectual property, but because the lack of education, training, and associated products means that anyone using Bluesky is winging it with no support. Moreover, WillowRose was trying to alert you to an issue, not just about the product you asked about, but the way you've phrased your responses. If you do a search, you'll find that her description was painfully accurate and reflect not just a bad experience, but a problem in how people debate and use information and data in this forum. She was warning you to avoid that. I suggest you re-read the comments with more of a mind toward understanding the larger issues people were trying to engage.

And you actually bitched about her using Latin. wth?!? Is using Latin an act of bitchiness? -I thought it was the sign of a solid liberal arts education!

Blue sky's original product launch was to "copy" (like most things out of China) the shellac brand, not only in branding, but names of colours as well!! Let me ask you this......If a new product is launched wouldn't it want to be popular on its own merits & not because it's disguised & fooling buyers into thinking its something else!?

I've always thought of blue sky as like a supermarket value range. It does the same thing but just not quite as nice or missing something. I've only just qualified but personally wouldn't want to use blue sky as so many unqualified people I know have bought it and use it. So would seem pointless for me to try and market myself and charge for a service when the only difference between me doing it and them doing it themselves is my training. Which I think means I wouldn't be able to charge as much, making it questionable for me as to why I'd go to the effort and expense of training, marketing etc for very little return. That's just my personal opinion though.

No ones been rude to you op.
But you've been rude.
Personally I'm not going to supportive of those that use unprofessional products because I think they are devaluing our industry as a whole in the same way NSS does.
They do it so they can undercut those of us using professional, safe, high quality products. Which benefits no one. Not techs or customers.

I'm sure you do!!

Totally bitchy response and exactly the tone I'm talking about that probably puts people off posting on here for the likes of yourself thinking you're better than everyone else and clever. You're not. I've queried some of your points above. Why the Latin also..??!

Do not question my reputation or business just because I asked a "professional forum" about a product and basically got battered by you all for questioning just some of your "professional" opinions. Go ahead like each other's responses. Women should be nice and supportive and frankly You've really put me off this forum. You've judged me and my business because I mentioned a brand you don't all agree with. You know nothing about me or my business yet managed to judge me. It's not nice and not what I expected. I'm sure there's others on here that would love to have a say but too scared to because of the bitchiness!!

Good luck to you too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woah OP, nobody's been bitchy, 'questioned your reputation' or judged you!
Pp's have just given you their (completely valid) opinion on the product.
You asked what people's opinions were on the product and you were given them quite factually with no personal insults being given towards you.
Bluesky threads tend to get quite passionate responses from a lot of us. We don't really agree with a brand that copies CND Shellac, has no product support, and can be bought and used by anybody 'wanting to have a go', among other things that have already been mentioned.
As I'm sure you have, we have spent thousands on our training and put in a lot of time, effort and money in to our work and businesses. The Bluesky 'brand' completely flies in the face of all this.
I would say that buying pro only products supports our industry, keeping us successful. Surely what we are all aiming for?

Woah OP, nobody's been bitchy, 'questioned your reputation' or judged you!
Pp's have just given you their (completely valid) opinion on the product.
You asked what people's opinions were on the product and you were given them quite factually with no personal insults being given towards you.
Bluesky threads tend to get quite passionate responses from a lot of us. We don't really agree with a brand that copies CND Shellac, has no product support, and can be bought and used by anybody 'wanting to have a go', among other things that have already been mentioned.
As I'm sure you have, we have spent thousands on our training and put in a lot of time, effort and money in to our work and businesses. The Bluesky 'brand' completely flies in the face of all this.
I would say that buying pro only products supports our industry, keeping us successful. Surely what we are all aiming for?

I'm far too busy to go through this entire Thread and site the numerous comments that do indeed come across as rude "stroppy op" "wide eyed innocent op" "poor excuse" etc etc etc

I haven't been rude at all. I've forwarded the thread to bluesky and asked them to respond.

I have questioned your opinions with some logic using st Tropez as an example.

I have contacted some professional blue sky users on Instagram to see what they think about the product and I will make my own mind up.

I love salon geek for looking at new ideas and trends but I think I won't be asking options. Further up the thread someone has put "I think you know this would cause a stir" or something along those lines.... it's total rubbish I don't spend my life on this website so I'd no idea that blue sky was such a touchy subject. Yes I read other threads but stopped when I read "bluesky... no one can help you here". Basically the individual is accusing me of wanting to start this post so that there's a big keyboard warrior war about a gel polish. Wrong. I won't make the same mistake again....

Thank you however to those who gave a good honest opinion without putting me down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back