Will it ever happen??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexandra1984

Reaction score
Hi Girls, Im sat here trying to do an assignment for college, ( to which we have been given no lecture), handouts or prior information..Basically here you go,have it back in two weeks, I have been to the library and have all the text books and stuck my head in those but sometimes you just need a little more..Anyway i cant help but come on here! I have learnt a 1000 times over from reading these informative forums than i have in 11 weeks at college. Do you know we havent learnt backfills,infills or removal yet? We have been having clients in for the last 8 weeks,! I had an assessment on a removal last week. I was about to remove a NSI Gel tip i had previously applied with a soak off in acetone!!! Im so glad i asked.. ~(I asked another beauty lecturer~).I then proceeded to file/ buff off. i totally understand that it isnt practical to be able to expect one to ones with lecturers but sometimes i just wish i could sit down with someone and watch,ask questions over and over and get out of this course what i am paying for. I wish i had saved up to go on a cnd course or similar,because it is definate that when /if i qualify in the next few weeks i am going tto have to have a booster course, I dont understand how the college( i am speaking for ours ) can give out certificates to some of these girls and let them go loose on the public. I Didnt think it would be a doddle doing this but i didnt realise the true reality of it all, Its great though because some people have thisn illusion that you go on a course for a few weeks and get nshown how to "stick nails" on. But really you are a true professional. I am so so passionate about this and what i want to do.. I know it takes time and patience and one day i will get there.. All i wish for is the support...

Does anyone did / have the same problem with their college.? I dont mean to moan but You ladies on here have the true experience and knowledge and have been through it all. Its hard to see the light sometimes.

thanks for reading,

xxx

YES!!!!!!!! I had a moan about everything to do with college although not all tutors are the same mine was pretty useless. Did a one to one with Young NAILS N learnt more in a day so dont loose heart x

Thank you very much.. Its so hard keeping your excitement up with it.. i want to give ladies out there nails to be proud of !
x

Hi Girls, Im sat here trying to do an assignment for college, ( to which we have been given no lecture), handouts or prior information..Basically here you go,have it back in two weeks, I have been to the library and have all the text books and stuck my head in those but sometimes you just need a little more..Anyway i cant help but come on here! I have learnt a 1000 times over from reading these informative forums than i have in 11 weeks at college. Do you know we havent learnt backfills,infills or removal yet? We have been having clients in for the last 8 weeks,! I had an assessment on a removal last week. I was about to remove a NSI Gel tip i had previously applied with a soak off in acetone!!! Im so glad i asked.. ~(I asked another beauty lecturer~).I then proceeded to file/ buff off. i totally understand that it isnt practical to be able to expect one to ones with lecturers but sometimes i just wish i could sit down with someone and watch,ask questions over and over and get out of this course what i am paying for. I wish i had saved up to go on a cnd course or similar,because it is definate that when /if i qualify in the next few weeks i am going tto have to have a booster course, I dont understand how the college( i am speaking for ours ) can give out certificates to some of these girls and let them go loose on the public. I Didnt think it would be a doddle doing this but i didnt realise the true reality of it all, Its great though because some people have thisn illusion that you go on a course for a few weeks and get nshown how to "stick nails" on. But really you are a true professional. I am so so passionate about this and what i want to do.. I know it takes time and patience and one day i will get there.. All i wish for is the support...

Does anyone did / have the same problem with their college.? I dont mean to moan but You ladies on here have the true experience and knowledge and have been through it all. Its hard to see the light sometimes.

thanks for reading,

xxx

I've gotto say, I think I have got the "Rolls Royce" of Tutor's and Course. My tutor is fantastic. She is a feisty chick though, lol. Seriously, she is so passionate about nails and she gives 150%. She is even available via text and email out of college. She does come round to us individually and she has given us loads of handouts and pointed us in the right direction for websites etc. In fact it was her who told me about this site. I have read some horror stories about lecturers and courses on here and I do feel very lucky.

Have you tried telling her how you feeling and your concerns?

What course are you doing? I'm doing a 17 week, one night a week for 3 hours VTCT course for silks/acrylics.

I know exactly where you're coming from, I finished my course last week and we weren't shown infills at all, rebalance wasn't even mentioned....apparently it's best to just soak them off and put a new set on after a few weeks!
I have learnt far more on here and from books recommended on here. If you haven't already got them the 3 books worth investing in are The Complete Nail Technician by Marian Newman (Mum on here) Nail Class by Gigi Rouse (Geeg) and Nail Structure and Product Chemistry by Doug Schoon, they're all available on Amazon.
I'm now booked for my Conversion Class with CND and intend to take further skill building classes with them.
Keep smiling and practising, if you have the passion and determination you will get there!
Lou xx

Thank you very much.. Its so hard keeping your excitement up with it.. i want to give ladies out there nails to be proud of !
x
Really with you there didn't do nails for ages as there was no-one to ask and you do loose the excitement. I found this site and all the answers to my questions are here so i'm excited again as a result my nails are so much better and i want to try EVERYTHING ,its great, if i dont get it right a search on here will give me the answer x

i know excatly what u mean hun! ive been at college for the past year learning to become a nail tech and i can quite honestly say ive learnt ten times more out side of college! this website has been my saviour! alonside with magazines and books! like you i also have such a passion for nails and want to achvie the best of my abilties, and its just soo annoying and unfair that some (not all) colleges arent giving the correct information and knowledge out to their students! i wish i went with cnd straight from the start! i finish my course in a couple of weeks time and im planning on doing a course straight after!
at college we do like one system per week and move onto the next, with no time to improve/grow and learn properly-we are just shown the method of doing nails nothing else really!

neways, i wish you all the very best for the future huni xxx :)

Hi Alexandra
Learning should fill a student with excitement and knowledge and to have the comfort of being able to ask their tutor anything concerning their course. If you can not, then something should be said otherwise they will think what they do is correct.

Lou Lou has the right minded tutor for sure :)

Latest posts

Back